• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jury Awards $14 Million to Denver Demonstrators Injured in 2020 Protests

Liberal7360

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
This is interesting news.

I'm glad to see some justice for those demonstrators. Including the fact that the city acknowledged what they did and have been making changes so the same bad actions don't happen again.

I'm glad to see some justice for those demonstrators. Including the fact that the city acknowledged what they did and have been making changes so the same bad actions don't happen again.

Seems the case may not be completely over yet:

Denver will appeal $14 million verdict from federal jury over George Floyd protests

I'm with you. I firmly believe that demonstrators should be paid for all the work they have to put in to destroying property. I mean, spray paint and skateboards cost money so somebody should pay them. Well,they should only get paid if they are protesting for good, solid, liberal causes. Those that protest AGAINST good, solid, liberal causes should spend life in prison. We can never be a free nation if people are allowed to disagree with liberals.

Seems the case may not be completely over yet:

You are correct in saying the case is not over until the appeals are exhausted. You are incorrect in suggesting the matter is still a toss-up (anyone's game), it is not. Appeals usually are upheld or not even heard, as there has to be a compelling reason for an appeal. It is not just a second bite at the apple for the losing party.

In this case, the article just says that "...Denver City Attorney's Office has decided to pursue post-trial relief, including an appeal.....”. In that statement, they offered no specificity as to the reason for the appeal and only stated that they would "pursue post-trial relief"..... it reads much more as a political statement of wishful thinking than anything of substance.

Last edited:
I'm with you. I firmly believe that demonstrators should be paid for all the work they have to put in to destroying property. I mean, spray paint and skateboards cost money so somebody should pay them. Well,they should only get paid if they are protesting for good, solid, liberal causes. Those that protest AGAINST good, solid, liberal causes should spend life in prison. We can never be a free nation if people are allowed to disagree with liberals.
Hear! Hear!!

👏 👏

Good for Denver.

Denver has a speedier resolution than the cases making their way through the judicial system in Los Angeles for police behavior during the George Floyd protests.

So many injuries from law enforcement not following their procedures in the use of less-than-lethal weapons for crowd control.

And maybe LAPD will finally institute a strict policy that orders to disperse must be announced everywhere in the protest area, not just in one block when the participants are spread over several streets out of earshot and view of the orders. Too many were beaten with batons for not dispersing — and in turn sued LAPD — because the order wasn’t announced in the park, and streets, where they were. This has been a long-standing problem.

Back
Top Bottom