• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Juror B29

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Juror B-29: Originally from Chicago, she's been married for 10 years. The woman — who is either black or Hispanic and is the only juror who isn't white, according to prosecutors — has eight kids, one of them older than 18. This is her first time serving on a jury. The woman has been at her current job for three months, and when asked by prosecutor Bernie De La Rionda during jury selection if she belonged to any organization, she said "my house is my organization," eliciting laughter and understanding from the courtroom.

Unfortunately, I didn't see the newscast, but I'm watching a recorded program and Channel 5 News said something like, "A Zimmerman juror has Chicago roots! Find out who she is and how she got on the jury at 10."

WTF???

(I can't find anything about it on Channel 5 (NBC's) news site -- but would they really name her???

She was the one who wouldn't look at Bernie in closing arguments and was crying at the end.

She was the one who wouldn't look at Bernie in closing arguments and was crying at the end.

Crying at what? And which one is Bernie? (I wasn't able to watch the trial as closely as I wanted, and missed most of the closing arguments) :(

Are you just wondering if it's someone you know or?

Unfortunately, I didn't see the newscast, but I'm watching a recorded program and Channel 5 News said something like, "A Zimmerman juror has Chicago roots! Find out who she is and how she got on the jury at 10."

WTF???

(I can't find anything about it on Channel 5 (NBC's) news site -- but would they really name her???

No, but the jurors are supposed to be anonymous.

I don't even know if there is a law against it in my state, let alone FL.

Here is how it works where I live for whatever it is worth. The pool of jurors are set for a month at a time. All the lawyers who have jury trials scheduled in the month are given a printout with all the people in the pool's name, ages, gender, and addresses. The purpose is in part so that we can check our client databases for conflicts within the jury pool like current or former clients or adverse parties or whatever. I cannot contact any of them but I can investigate them if I so desire--things I might could do would be to pull out the info I can about them from the city directory, review the public records to see anything about them there if I want. I don't investigate them too much but I know lawyers who do have their investigators do drive bys of their homes and such and really dig up the dirt and profile every juror in the pool looking for an edge, including researching family members etc. I know some who will track down where they work and try to angle in on information from others.

I have seen those lists just lying around in different places in the courthouse where anyone could snag one. Likewise anyone who works in the Courthouse or for an attorney could probably get one no problem and pass it off to the press who could thin down the list and identify them.

The actual tweet was from a reporter who said it appeared to be her wiping away a tear.
That really isn't crying.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 2h

Juror B29 just appeared to be wiping away a tear.

Retweeted
by Dan Abrams
https://twitter.com/khightower/status/355728946828029953
https://twitter.com/danabrams

For all we know, she had something in her eye, which wasn't a tear.

Back
Top Bottom