• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Juno actor Ellen Page publicly comes out as a transgender male named Elliot and tells fans in a statement: 'My pronouns are he/they' - as wife of two

And basic science proved them wrong. Just like here.
Well it does now. But not at the time.

The point being it hurts mo one to let people define gender for themselves

Well it does now. But not at the time.

The point being it hurts mo one to let people define gender for themselves
It hurts the person whose mental illness is being coddled and played along with instead of addressed and treated. As I noted earlier in this thread, giving the example of my friend who fell into this transgender stuff.

It hurts the person whose mental illness is being coddled and played along with instead of addressed and treated. As I noted earlier in this thread, giving the example of my friend who fell into this transgender stuff.
In your opinion. And you are not a mental health professional. One case does not make a argument.

Thousands of people have died because they were denied the right to determine their gender.

They killed themselves over the discrimination

Interesting nearly-50-year-old-study.

Too bad that more recent and scientifically advanced studies have found differently.

Wow so it is even more complex than first thought. Who would have thought there are so many different processes and chemicals that are involved in sexual differentiation? If any of those processes are interrupted or corrupted who knows what might happen right? Humans are such complex creatures that is difficult to pin them down to just male or female. It's a shame isn't it?

Last edited:
Will Elliott only take male rolls now?

And basic science proved them wrong. Just like here.

Medical science has proven that trans people have the brains of their identified gender. Trans people truly were born in the wrong body for their psychological gender identity. They feel that they are their identified gender and their actions and personality are the same as their identified gender. You cannot change a person's gender identity, so medical science changes the body, as much as possible to align with their psychological gender identity. You don't see a person's DNA or chromosomes when you meet them but their ap[p[eace and how they act, which are driven by their identified psychological gender identity.

The medical community tried in the past to make them conform to their biological body but it doesn't work and some of them died by suicide, so they have taken this approach and it is far more successful.

Your science is both simplistic and wrong.

If I prove that you are wrong will you be mad that you can no longer harass, bully, and hate them because they are being who they are and you have no reason to be transphobic?

Transgendered transition therapy is the proper treatment as endorsed by both psychologists and psychiatrists. Do you have a medical degree in a relevant field? How else should incongruent gender identity be treated? Do you have anything to support y that your treatment ideas are more successful and safe?

How exactly does a person fall into transgendered stuff?

Last edited:
In your opinion. And you are not a mental health professional. One case does not make a argument.
Rather, in the opinion of my friend, who literally went through this bullshit and instead of being given help, was encouraged to dive further into the mental illness and modify his body by 'doctors', and who now wishes he had actually recieved real help, and has attempted suicide several times now over the fact that he can never take back that decision.

Thousands of people have died because they were denied the right to determine their gender.

They killed themselves over the discrimination
False. There is little change in suicide rate among these mentally ill people, no matter what they have done to them/

Nope, still continuing her female role. Interesting, isn't it?
If I could get paid for looking like a sexy member of the opposite gender, I sure would. Unfortunately for me that could never happen.

Rather, in the opinion of my friend, who literally went through this bullshit and instead of being given help, was encouraged to dive further into the mental illness and modify his body by 'doctors', and who now wishes he had actually recieved real help, and has attempted suicide several times now over the fact that he can never take back that decision.

False. There is little change in suicide rate among these mentally ill people, no matter what they have done to them/
Great. Let's see your extensive research on this issue

Because you are flat out wrong

This is a much better way to spread your message than calling people stupid.

What if I want people to know they're stupid.

What if I want people to know they're stupid.
They won't believe you. Also, I decided against posting that message, but it was saved as a draft and posted with my other comment, since edited. Feel free to disregard.

They won't believe you. Also, I decided against posting that message, but it was saved as a draft and posted with my other comment, since edited. Feel free to disregard.

Yeah, I'm incorrigible.

Nope, still continuing her female role. Interesting, isn't it?
Well, it's confusing. If straight actors are getting hell if they play gay parts, then how does Elliot get a pass if he takes a role/part from a cis female?

Well, it's confusing. If straight actors are getting hell if they play gay parts, then how does Elliot get a pass if he takes a role/part from a cis female?
There is a long history of men playing female parts going back to Shakespeare and to mrs doubtfire

Exactly And Don't forget Scarlett Johansson got all sorts of hell for being a 'cis' female and taking the role of a 'trans' person, to the point that she left the role due to the backlash and threats she was getting.

Exactly And Don't forget Scarlett Johansson got all sorts of hell for being a 'cis' female and taking the role of a 'trans' person, to the point that she left the role due to the backlash and threats she was getting.
How will she ever recover?

False. There is little change in the suicide rate among these mentally ill people, no matter what they have done to them/
1.) Please explain how a person was told to dive deeper into mental illness and how that happens?

2.) What would have yo been your preferred solution to someone who has feelings of gender incongruence because their psychological gender identity is different from their physical-biological body?

That's a lie pushed because of anonymity. Internet sewage.

An opinion she believes in strongly enough to tell the world about it. It really is none of anyone's business to judge her. We cannot know how she feels can we?
I am not judging her. She is welcome to believe she is a man. She is welcome to believe she is the Great Cornholio from Beavis and Butthead. I really don't care. The question is whether we are all obligated to go along with her charade. My assertion is that we are not because I believe my, and others', right to adopt a scientific definition for the concept of gender is every bit as valid as her right to apply a more capricious standard for those terms.

Back
Top Bottom