• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

June 15, 2010 Olson surprises many conservatives by seeking to overturn gay-marriage

Cold Highway

Dispenser of Negativity
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
Political Leaning
Libertarian
But then Olson took the microphone, and began to describe his crusade to overturn California’s Proposition 8 and establish a constitutional right for same-sex marriage. The two gay families he represents are “the nicest people on the planet.” He believes to his core that discrimination because of sexual orientation “is wrong and it’s hurtful, and I never could understand it.” He knows some worry that the lawsuit is premature, “but civil rights are not won by people saying, ‘Wait until the right time.’”

So bets on how long till he is called a communist, pervert, child molester, etc?

Olson surprises many conservatives by seeking to overturn gay-marriage ban | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Re: June 15, 2010 Olson surprises many conservatives by seeking to overturn gay-marri

He's been involved in the case for a long time, and thankfully I haven't heard too many criticisms of that type yet.

That could change depending on how the case turns out, but I think most people are understanding of the fact that someone might not share their opinion on one issue (or are just not paying attention).

Back
Top Bottom