• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

July 5th, 2016...The US is now officially a third world nation, politically.

RetiredNSmilin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Well, friends, we are now OFFICIALLY a third world nation as far as our corrupt political system goes.

The POTUS has endorsed a criminal. The EX-POTUS husband of that same criminal appointed the very same Attorney General to her first office, then that same EX-POTUS met with his appointee in a closed door meeting on the tarmac in Phoenix, and only a few days later, there were no charges brought against her.

This whole affair is a stinking pile that can be smelled miles away, and is EXACTLY like most third world countries where political appointees and their friends are completely IMMUNE from the laws of the land.

Politically, we are just like some petty dictatorship where the friends of the dictator can do what they want, when they want, and as long as they want.

Our country's honor died today. Today, I am no longer a proud American. Today I feel like I stepped in something, and it won't scrape off.

Trump getting elected will not fix this. He will only bring in his own brand of corruption, and his own friends that will be likewise protected.

I will still leave my flag up outside the house in remembrance of better days.

Today is a sad day for honor.

Well, friends, we are now OFFICIALLY a third world nation as far as our corrupt political system goes.

The POTUS has endorsed a criminal. The EX-POTUS husband of that same criminal appointed the very same Attorney General to her first office, then that same EX-POTUS met with his appointee in a closed door meeting on the tarmac in Phoenix, and only a few days later, there were no charges brought against her.

This whole affair is a stinking pile that can be smelled miles away, and is EXACTLY like most third world countries where political appointees and their friends are completely IMMUNE from the laws of the land.

Politically, we are just like some petty dictatorship where the friends of the dictator can do what they want, when they want, and as long as they want.

Our country's honor died today. Today, I am no longer a proud American. Today I feel like I stepped in something, and it won't scrape off.

Trump getting elected will not fix this. He will only bring in his own brand of corruption, and his own friends that will be likewise protected.

Spot on.

Tulsi2020.jpg

The Revolution Continues

I think no longer being proud of your country is a bit of an overreaction to the FBI not finding enough evidence to indict Hillary. Has it ever occurred to you the RW propaganda might be just that, and there really isn't enough evidence of wrongdoing?

This man is one who has gone to the mat, with Bush and Obama.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-515pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.c1e5bd319590

I think no longer being proud of your country is a bit of an overreaction to the FBI not finding enough evidence to indict Hillary. Has it ever occurred to you the RW propaganda might be just that, and there really isn't enough evidence of wrongdoing?

If there was none, then why all the secret meetings?

...and the timeline. Just days after that secret meeting POOF!, It was all made to disappear.

The steamy stinking pile is still there on the tarmac in Phoenix.

I'll leave our flag up as well. I agree with you.

That is exactly how conspiracy theories work. If they are secret, we don't know why. We do know if it was a really secret meeting they could conference call or face time or whatever. If Bill could have made it go away that easy he would have just gave her a call or sent her a secure email (hehe) I think the meeting was just stupid.
If there was none, then why all the secret meetings?

...and the timeline. Just days after that secret meeting POOF!, It was all made to disappear.

The steamy stinking pile is still there on the tarmac in Phoenix.

Point of Information:

The evidence clearly indicates gross negligence. Mr. Comey erroneously added the need for intent to cause harm.

To warrant a criminal charge, Mr. Comey said, there had to be evidence that Mrs. Clinton intentionally transmitted or willfully mishandled classified information. The F.B.I. found neither, and as a result, he said, “our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/06/u...t_na_20160705&nlid=35927693&ref=headline&_r=0

But "gross negligence" is generally defined as legally culpable carelessness, showing a conscious and voluntary disregard of the need to use reasonable care, and likely to cause foreseeable grave injury or harm. There is no need for any willful intent to cause harm, as Mr. Comey implies. The law was established to prevent acts which may lead to harm.

However, Hillary used unauthorized electronic equipment to send, receive, and store classified materials. She also failed to copy and forward such emails as required into secure government servers; then deliberately erased the evidence. This indicates clear intent to subvert the law. What further intent is needed escapes me.

Here is 18 U.S.C. section 793(f):

Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/793

Last edited:
Someone would have to be mentally incapable of thought to believe Obama didn't know what they would do prior. There is no way that he would have Clinton on the plane knowing that she could possibly be indicted. This decision was already decided this past weekend, if not months prior. Obama is a very proud man. No way would he endorse and give a felon a free ride in Air Force One otherwise. It would tarnish his image even more.

Oh! The Drama!

Get the smelling salts! I do believe he has the 'vapors'!!

That is exactly how conspiracy theories work. If they are secret, we don't know why. We do know if it was a really secret meeting they could conference call or face time or whatever. If Bill could have made it go away that easy he would have just gave her a call or sent her a secure email (hehe) I think the meeting was just stupid.

If anything the Clinton/Trump/Obama/DNC shenanigans this election cycle have further legitimized conspiracy-theorists the world over. I was starting to believe in the system once again when Bernie was running, but any and all feeble hopes and wishes invested in it are gone now. The only thing we can hope now is that we can continue the revolution via local, congressional, and future presidential elections (lest the people lose interest once again, which is highly likely if not certain).

America is very much becoming a nation that no longer works, and the result will be either Trump or someone like Trump if reforms are not done, and they will not be. The Philippines is the latest example of what happens with the majority of people give up on the Establishment, and we are almost there.

Why do the Republicans even bother? Those mean old dems bully them around and pretty much do whatever they want to whenever they want. If the Repubs lose an election it is because them mean old democrats drive bus loads of "them" people around and let them vote over and over. Scandal after scandal after scandal, yet no real evidence of wrongdoing, just lots of stuff on the RWers know, everyone else are either idiots, stupid, on the dole, or some other character flaw. This whiny victim crap got old about 7 years ago, now it appears we have at least that many more to go. Oh well, if Trump don't get elected I am sure it will be because them mean old democrats gave stuff away, fraudulent voted or whatever...this victim crap is sickening. I personally am still proud to be American. I will be back, I am going to throw up. Victim on...

Why do the Republicans even bother? Those mean old dems bully them around and pretty much do whatever they want to whenever they want. If the Repubs lose an election it is because them mean old democrats drive bus loads of "them" people around and let them vote over and over. Scandal after scandal after scandal, yet no real evidence of wrongdoing, just lots of stuff on the RWers know, everyone else are either idiots, stupid, on the dole, or some other character flaw. This whiny victim crap got old about 7 years ago, now it appears we have at least that many more to go. Oh well, if Trump don't get elected I am sure it will be because them mean old democrats gave stuff away, fraudulent voted or whatever...this victim crap is sickening. I personally am still proud to be American. I will be back, I am going to throw up. Victim on...

The more appropriate response would be "so it goes"

I see what you mean and understand where you are coming from.

I do not want to be like those that throw a tantrum about a decision they disagree with.

I come from a different place. Obama, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, and Loretta Lynch all have known each other for years if not decades. Add to that, the secrecy, and the blatant lies they were called on, mix it up in a shaker, and when you pour it out it spelled complete CORRUPTION with all of them.

I come from a position of sadness and disappointment that our country has slid into this cesspool and left its honorable intentions behind.

Our history is far from clean, but I liked to think our intentions were always honorable in recent times.

This tells me we are just another third world corrupt country where all the bosses political hacks get protected and their enemies get targeted.

As a combat veteran I can't bring myself to watch fireworks or celebrate our national holidays. I look at the state of our union and feel sick to my stomach. I have an American flag tattooed across my back and won't take my shirt off in public for fear of being a terrorist target. Thanks for your input.

As a combat veteran I can't bring myself to watch fireworks or celebrate our national holidays. I look at the state of our union and feel sick to my stomach. I have an American flag tattooed across my back and won't take my shirt off in public for fear of being a terrorist target. Thanks for your input.

I'm pretty sure your safe. Terrorists look to make a statement. Unless your a high profile politician or in the wrong place at the wrong time, your good.

I see what you mean and understand where you are coming from.

I do not want to be like those that throw a tantrum about a decision they disagree with.

I come from a different place. Obama, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, and Loretta Lynch all have known each other for years if not decades. Add to that, the secrecy, and the blatant lies they were called on, mix it up in a shaker, and when you pour it out it spelled complete CORRUPTION with all of them.

I come from a position of sadness and disappointment that our country has slid into this cesspool and left its honorable intentions behind.

Our history is far from clean, but I liked to think our intentions were always honorable in recent times.

This tells me we are just another third world corrupt country where all the bosses political hacks get protected and their enemies get targeted.

Better late than never......the last 15 years worth of POTUS's valuing personal loyalty to them over competence in government and also telling the people the truth should have been a clue that the rot runs deep.

Back
Top Bottom