• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

July 5th, 2016...The US is now officially a third world nation, politically.

There are very few Texans that will disagree with you.

You forgot that ENRON screw job they also pulled on all those employees and people about ready to retire....AFTER they bought a huge stadium in Houston and named it ENRON field.

I did forget Enron and I shouldn't have. Enron had some very large off balance sheet commercial paper conduit deals with the big bank when I worked there. I think it was called Rawhide or something like that for a billion IIRC.

Thinking about your post in terms of its seriousness I am reminded of Joe McCarthy and the House UnAmerican Committee. I would have to say that was a much darker time in our country then Hillary's emails. My father showed me a paper he wrote in high school about McCarthy and how his teacher wouldn't accept it because of the bastards influence at the time. And this is in Brooklyn (Yankees fan if you can believe it) not Wisconsin.

Same here.

One word.

Somalia.

One word, both of you missed in your readings...I said...POLITICALLY

POLITICALLY we have become like a third world country.

I have been to my share of third world crap holes too, and that is why I made the distinction.

A distinction neither one of you geniuses seemed to see, notice, or read.

that is why attention to detail is such an important trait in the military.

but one neither of you seem to have remembered, or never had in the first place.

I did forget Enron and I shouldn't have. Enron had some very large off balance sheet commercial paper conduit deals with the big bank when I worked there. I think it was called Rawhide or something like that for a billion IIRC.

Thinking about your post in terms of its seriousness I am reminded of Joe McCarthy and the House UnAmerican Committee. I would have to say that was a much darker time in our country then Hillary's emails. My father showed me a paper he wrote in high school about McCarthy and how his teacher wouldn't accept it because of the bastards influence at the time. And this is in Brooklyn (Yankees fan if you can believe it) not Wisconsin.

My post is only talking about right now, and what happened today.

I know for a fact there were and have been much darker times in the past.

I am only talking about how I am feeling about the news I got today, and how betrayed and disgusted I am at how above board their corruption is.

Of course we haven't. The political realm he speaks of has become so unbelievably alien with regard to the rest of the United States of America.

Thank you. You "get it", as did several others here.

Their jaundiced eyes would not let them see ALL that I wrote. Just what they wanted to see.

That is why they missed the point entirely, and are off on some tangent of their own creation.

Thank you. You "get it", as did several others here.

Their jaundiced eyes would not let them see ALL that I wrote. Just what they wanted to see.

That is why they missed the point entirely, and are off on some tangent of their own creation.

We need to declare independence from Washington, D.C. and Ultra-Partisan states... or successfully run a capable candidate that sees beyond the Status Quo (for once this century).

They're roughly equal in my opinion (when taking into consideration the money-laundering Clinton Foundation and its associations with low HDI regimes).

They're roughly equal in my opinion (when taking into consideration the money-laundering Clinton Foundation and its associations with low HDI regimes).

Not even close.

Not even close.

When excluding the global community as a whole, drone regimes, brutal dictatorships reigning in Africa, the slush fund they're associated with, Libya, and Benghazi... yeah, maybe.

We need to declare independence from Washington, D.C. and Ultra-Partisan states... or successfully run a capable candidate that sees beyond the Status Quo (for once this century).

There is a whole lot we NEED to do, but I do not feel after today, any efforts to change anything will work. Ask Sanders supporters about this. The system is so rigged and the corruption so strong and ingrained, I do not feel anything will bring it back to any sibilance of being politically, a first world country any more.

That is why, today, July 5th, 2016, we have died as a first world political system where corruption is against the law, and the offices of the FBI, IRS, and the DOJ are only going to be used as the current boss' law enforcement arm to attack his enemies, and protect his friends.

Today, it was all brought out in the open for all to see.

There is a whole lot we NEED to do, but I do not feel after today, any efforts to change anything will work. Ask Sanders supporters about this. The system is so rigged and the corruption so strong and ingrained, I do not feel anything will bring it back to any sibilance of being politically, a first world country any more.

That is why, today, July 5th, 2016, we have died as a first world political system where corruption is against the law, and the offices of the FBI, IRS, and the DOJ are only going to be used as the current boss' law enforcement arm to attack his enemies, and stay away from his friends.

Today, it was all brought out in the open for all to see.

A humanitarian intervention of the U.S. itself may be looming in the near-future, sponsored by the UN and carried out by Russia and China.
Notwithstanding our pathetically-mixed favorability rating worldwide.

An Amexit may not only be unavoidable, at this point it may be imperative to our homeland's survival as a democratic-republic, and as we know it.

Last edited:
When excluding the global community as a whole, drone regimes, brutal dictatorships reigning in Africa, the slush fund they're associated with, Libya, and Benghazi... yeah, maybe.

What? Dictatorships in Africa? They must have some good shiit down in Tennessee.

That's it. I'm taking my location off of my profile. Good thing I'm moving soon. So tired of this childish ad-hominem cop-out bull****. You have gained nothing from me but my bitter contempt and irritation.

A humanitarian intervention of the U.S. itself may be looming in the near-future, sponsored by the UN and carried out by Russia and China.

An Amexit may not only be unavoidable, at this point it may be imperative to our homeland's survival as a democratic-republic, and as we know it.

I will put on a few extra pots of sweet tea when they get here.

At this point I see no difference in Obama & Clinton's appointees, and the Russians or Chinese.

That's it. I'm taking my location off of my profile. Good thing I'm moving soon. So tired of this childish ad-hominem cop-out bull****. You have gained nothing from me but my bitter contempt and irritation.

I would not take it THAT personal. He was just commenting about your post, not the great state of TN.

besides, everyone knows it is KENTUCKY that has the best pot in the area.

TN has the best BBQ.

It took this Texas kid a bit to get used to pulled pork on one side of the bun and cole slaw on the other side, but now that is the only way I like it anymore.

Our nerves tend to get a little closer to the surface the later at night it gets. I have noticed that.

so therefore, nighty night. Time for Solitaire and American Dad / Archer DVDs.

I think no longer being proud of your country is a bit of an overreaction to the FBI not finding enough evidence to indict Hillary. Has it ever occurred to you the RW propaganda might be just that, and there really isn't enough evidence of wrongdoing?

This is quite true and taken alone, it would be a non-issue. The thing is, that the legitimacy of the state has already fallen on bad times and that this would require more than a statement from a political ally of the defendant to defuse. I mean, it is becoming so obvious on so many political issues that the tension is at a dangerous level, that it is almost imbecilic for the administration to take this route.

It is dangerous when people who have no first hand knowledge of the evidence in a case determine for themselves the guilt or innocence of the parties involved.

It is innocent until proven guilty.

Not guilty because it looks fishy and you hate the defendant.

Once again, I despise both parties and both candidates.

I don't have an issue with fireworks. For several years after combat I wouldn't miss the celebration. I used to tear up at the singing of the star spangled banner. But for I guess is the last seven years, I can't partake in the celebration because I feel sick to my stomach. I don't have a sense of pride and loyalty anymore. Something changed.

Then that is still on you. You are trying to blame others for your issues, your feelings. Something changed in you.

And the way you made it sound was that being in combat somehow made you adverse to fireworks, like it did so many combat vets. Being a combat vet has absolutely nothing to do with your statement except you wanting to make it out as if that means you were at least more proud or loyal or patriotic before, than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My post is only talking about right now, and what happened today.

I know for a fact there were and have been much darker times in the past.

I am only talking about how I am feeling about the news I got today, and how betrayed and disgusted I am at how above board their corruption is.

But it doesn't make since because if we've always had at least as much corruption throughout places in our government then why is this single event enough to turn your feelings to believing politically we are equivalent to a third world government? A single event that when looked at next to so many others in our past even recent past, is almost benign. Heck it probably would have handed the Presidency over to the Republican Party had they actually nominated someone who wasn't a walking douchebag. I think the fact that if someone really seriously ran as a moderate third party this election they'd have a very good chance of being President, more than even Perot in '92 before he quit the first time, shows that we actually aren't nearly as corrupt as many want to believe.

What in the world does that link have to do with the belief that we will have some UN intervention in the near future? It doesn't support that at all. The worst traits shown there are greedy, intolerant (and the NSA spying is the main reason for that low score according to the link), arrogance, and violent (likely due to our crime rate and history on intervening).

I'm pretty sure you're safe. Terrorists look to make a statement. Unless your a high profile politician or in the wrong place at the wrong time, your good.
Are you insinuating terrorists should do the job?

Are you insinuating terrorists should do the job?

What? I'm pointing out that the chances of a terrorist launching an attack to kill one random dude are pretty ****ing low.

One word, both of you missed in your readings...I said...POLITICALLY

POLITICALLY we have become like a third world country.

I have been to my share of third world crap holes too, and that is why I made the distinction.

A distinction neither one of you geniuses seemed to see, notice, or read.

that is why attention to detail is such an important trait in the military.

but one neither of you seem to have remembered, or never had in the first place.

Even politically, your posting is stupid hyperbole.

You are whining because your side lost something. Fox news and talk radio had you all keyed up, thinking there would be an indictment, but it didn't happen, and rightfully so.

So now you are all petulant and making silly generalizations out of butthurt.

I think no longer being proud of your country is a bit of an overreaction to the FBI not finding enough evidence to indict Hillary. Has it ever occurred to you the RW propaganda might be just that, and there really isn't enough evidence of wrongdoing?

They found enough to indict, they chose not to indict. Don't EVER forget that. Lynch had her hand up Comey's ass operating his mouth.

Lighten up Francis.
The Navy taught me to THINK, and how to logically troubleshoot a problem.

NOT, blindly make a diagnosis, and then shut your eyes to any and all evidence to the contrary.

Now...personally....don't you EVER call my manhood into question again!

You may be a moderator, but those kinds of insults are uncalled for.

You are in no position to tell me anything about how to live a successful life.

Back
Top Bottom