• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

July 2020: Democrats Introduce Bill To Get Police Out Of Schools

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Democrats Introduce Bill To Get Police Out Of Schools
The deaths of Black people at the hands of police this year ignited an important conversation about police reform in this country. A number of proposals have been introduced to address various facets of policing at the federal, state, and local levels. This week, Democratic lawmakers in Congress added to that list with a bill to get police out of schools.

Senators Chris Murphy (CT) and Elizabeth Warren (MA), along with Representatives Ayanna Pressley (MA) and Ilhan Omar (MN), introduced the Counseling Not Criminalization in Schools Act that would prohibit federal money to be used to fund police in schools. The lawmakers said this would prevent money from being diverted from important student service providers, like counselors and social workers.

The legislation has the backing of the two major teachers’ unions, the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) and the National Education Association (NEA). It also has the support of a number of civil rights organizations, including the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights and the Human Rights Campaign.

Progressives and teachers unions wanted this. This was part of the BLM and "Defund Police" movement.

Never Forget....especially in November.

Remember in November.

Oh yea...more guns in schools....that's the solution.....NOT!!!!!!!

It does not work...OBVIOUSLY!!!!

Why doesn't work? Mainly because the shooter knows what to expect and will simply arm himself and protect himself accordingly.

Democrats Introduce Bill To Get Police Out Of Schools

Progressives and teachers unions wanted this. This was part of the BLM and "Defund Police" movement.

Never Forget....especially in November.

Never forget… especially in November… Republicans are wanting to ensure any 18 year old can obtain several firearms, put on some body armor, shoot up a school full of kids, so they can respond with “thoughts and prayers.”

BTW, the police did not do so well this last go around and decided ‘we’ll wait a bit.’

The flaw in the "logic" of armed officers in schools as a means to stop shooters was sown by the gun lobby itself. Since it insisted that an Assault Rifle was just another long gun, they were widely available to every IDIOT with the money to buy one. What a shock....IDIOTS bought them!!!!

Now your armed cop on the premises is just another casualty waiting to happen. He is outgunned.....dead man walking.

What good do police do at schools, again?
I love our resource officer at school and he does a lot of good besides looking out for shooters. But as I have said in other threads, 95% of the actual responsibility for securing the school depends on compliance by lay staff and children. Every day I see lapses by kids and staff that a shooter could easily exploit.

So, I guess the answer is police do some good at schools but "more officers" is not the solution. Shooters with easy access to guns are the problem, not schools.

Never forget… especially in November… Republicans are wanting to ensure any 18 year old can obtain several firearms, put on some body armor, shoot up a school full of kids, so they can respond with “thoughts and prayers.”

BTW, the police did not do so well this last go around and decided ‘we’ll wait a bit.’
No, they want to ensure that Law Abiding Americans can defend themselves form such. Its the Left that wants to disarm those Law Abiding Americans.

There only two types of people who want Law Abiding Citizens disarmed: 1. Criminals who want their victims unarmed and helpless. 2. Authoritarian Government Officials who also want their victims unarmed and helpless.

I always heard that the Left cant Meme. You just proved it.

You mean like how the left cant do comedy? Oh, wait that's rightwingers.

Btw, r/therightcantmeme is one of my favorite subreddits. Comedy gold.

You mean like how the left cant do comedy? Oh, wait that's rightwingers.

Btw, r/therightcantmeme is one of my favorite subreddits. Comedy gold.
Funny how Comics like Dave Chapplle, Keven Hart, Ricky Gervais now despise the Left almost as much as Tucker Carlson does.

There is nothing less funny than the Left.

You do know that Greg Gutfeld now has a bigger audience than any of the other late night comedy shows, in fact sometimes more than all of them put together.

(Dam Dude, I have never seen someone swing and miss worse than you just did)

No, they want to ensure that Law Abiding Americans can defend themselves form such. Its the Left that wants to disarm those Law Abiding Americans.

There only two types of people who want Law Abiding Citizens disarmed: 1. Criminals who want their victims unarmed and helpless. 2. Authoritarian Government Officials who also want their victims unarmed and helpless.
Yea....just let 18 year olds buy Military grade weapons designed as killing machines. You and I both know the intended use of those weapons and it ain't defense of ANYTHING.

Back
Top Bottom