• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Julie Swetnick's MSNBC Interview Was a Unmitigated Disaster

Fenton

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Kate Snow prefaces the interview by admitting Swetnick's on air claims differ from her sworn written statement

Swetnicks now saying she did NOT see Kavanugh spiking the punch, only him standing around the punch bowl nor did she witness " gang rapes ", only boys standing near doors next to bedroom doors.

Didn't Swetnick sign a sworn statement ? That's perjury folks. Oh and keep up the nonsense Democrats ! According to a new Poll, Heidi Hietkamp's GOP Challenger has a 10 point lead over her with 60% of North Dakotans supporting Kavanugh.

This Swetnick chick is a stone cold leftist whack-job.

Kate Snow prefaces the interview by admitting Swetnick's on air claims differ from her sworn written statement

Swetnicks now saying she did NOT see Kavanugh spiking the punch, only him standing around the punch bowl nor did she witness " gang rapes ", only boys standing near doors next to bedroom doors.

Didn't Swetnick sign a sworn statement ? That's perjury folks. Oh and keep up the nonsense Democrats ! According to a new Poll, Heidi Hietkamp's GOP Challenger has a 10 point lead over her with 60% of North Dakotans supporting Kavanugh.

Megyn Kelly

Verified account

@megynkelly
Follow Follow @megynkelly

Due process is not misogynistic. It happens to be the bedrock of our legal system. Ms. Swetnick was just on NBC changing her story dramatically from her sworn declaration. When an accuser has credibility issues, the A. is not to shame those who recognize it.

Ha ha! Now THIS is what perjury looks like, kids!

Avenatti's probably ****ting bricks!

I don’t feel like watching it right now but if she has changed her story from her sworn statement then she needs to be charged.

Her story is...not believable.

She has changed major parts of her original testimony.

Now it's not she saw or knew other girls were gang-raped, it's she never saw or knew anyone was being raped.

Now it's not boys waiting in lines, including Kavanaugh and Judge, it's boys huddled/standing by doors including Judge and Kavanaugh.

That when she was drugged and shoved in a room and she figured it must have been going on before.

She no longer states Kavanaugh and Judge were spiking drinks, it's now they were just near where the drinks were.

She cannot say either Kavanaugh and Judge participated in any rapes, including hers, but that they were "hanging out around" there and could have been.

She says "If Kavanaugh did this to me there is no way he should be on the SCOTUS." (How is anyone supposed to prove that?)

She says she told her mom and then reported it to the police. That she spoke to a police officer. Both that officer and her mother are now deceased.

The Police Dept. states it will take some time, up to a month, to try to go through their archives (probably paper back in the 80's).

That Kavanaugh is a (wait for it...) "Liar." That Judge is a "black-out drunk"

She dismisses the claims of sexual harassment made by a past employer.

She asserts everyone in that county knew about the parties. She provides the names of four "witnesses." One contacted states she doesn't know her. Another is (wait for it)...deceased.

MSNBC is still trying to locate/contact the other two.

Hole after hole, changing her story, mixing up information, her story is crap, including her random description of her rape (too drugged to remember of course).

This is Avenatti's "damning" witness?

Last edited:
Does anyone have copy of her sworn statement?

She's crawfishin...trying to save her ass.

This is one allegation that is extremely difficult to believe - why would any girl/woman go to a second - let alone 10 - party where she believes girls are being drugged and raped? Doesn't pass any logic test. When I first heard of this, my main question was "why did she keep going to these parties - to get her turn?"

She's the typical trailer trash that makes salacious accusations for attention.

Clinton dealt with it, too.

Oh and keep up the nonsense Democrats ! According to a new Poll, Heidi Hietkamp's GOP Challenger has a 10 point lead over her with 60% of North Dakotans supporting Kavanugh.
Since when do you accept polls?

A new poll just today release by Harris (an extremely conservative firm led by Scott Rasmussen) has Dems up by 9+.

Not to mention her affinity for gangbangs...after witnessing the first, she returned for ten more...so she says..

A new poll just today release by Harris (an extremely conservative firm led by Scott Rasmussen) has Dems up by 9+.

Forecasting the race for the Senate
Updated Oct. 1, 2018, at 11:16 PM
2 in 7
Chance Democrats win control (27.4%)

5 in 7
Chance Republicans keep control (72.6%)

If the Senate is split 50-50, Republicans maintain majority control because Vice President Mike Pence has the tiebreaking vote. This analysis treats independent Sens. Bernie Sanders and Angus King as Democrats because they caucus with that party.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/senate/

Assuming your summery is accurate, she's appearing less credible than she was before, which was not much.

She's crawfishin...trying to save her ass.

Crawfishin’: to walk backwards when threatened or attacked.

Lol

And THAT is my new word for the day. And it is a funny one. Thanks!

Here you go....

Kavanugh's Accuser Julie Swetnick alleges Kavanugh spiked punch at party's so intoxicated women could be raped

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/su...ch-parties-so-intoxicated-girls-could-n912491

Thanks.

At first glance I noticed that Swetnick's sworn statement said "During the years 1981-82 I became aware of the efforts of Mark Judge, Brett Kavanaugh and others to "spike" the "punch" at house parties I attended ..." The weasel word here in that sentence is "aware". She did not say she saw, she said she became aware. She could have been told by numerous people, whatever. She did not say that she "saw" or "witnessed". She did not say that Judge or Kavanuagh told her. No perjury there.

Later she said she "'witnessed'" Mark Judge, Brett Kavanaugh and others to cause girls to become inebriated and disoriented so they could be 'gang raped' ..."

That is pretty heavy stuff and difficult to believe but again she did not swear that she was a "witness" to actual gang rapes.

I am not defending Swetnick nor am I accusing Kavanaugh and I have not seen the NBC interview. Her sworn statement, however, did not say she witnessed or saw Kavanaugh spiking the punch. He sworn statement did not say she was a witness to gang rapes but rather saw boys lined up outside a bedroom door. Was a gang rape in progress on the other side of the door? She doesn't know. She didn't see it. She didn't say she saw it happening. Hell, those boys might have been lined up to snort coke or sniff glue.

I'd like to see the interview. I have questions. Maybe she answered them in the interview.

If she was aware of efforts to spike drinks and if she believed that gang rapes occurred at the parties why the hell did she continue to go to them? Yes, yes, as a woman she had every much of a right to be there as boys, but why the hell did she continue to go to the parties?

When I was going to wild parties in the 70s the code of the road was never, ever, ever drink anything from a punch bowl; never ever drink from someone else's cup; and never ever let your drink leave your hand. How did this common knowledge somehow escape kids at wild parties in the 80s? If you somehow missed the message the first time and you became aware of the perils of spiked booze why would you then violate the code of the road?

Gang rapes or trains. To paraphrase Greg Allman, I ain't no saint and I sure as hell ain't no savior. I had a wonderful time in my misspent youth, or "yute" for those from New Jersey. It was wild life at it's finest. Too much just wasn't enough.

All that and yet I never witnessed or suspected gang rapes, ever. How would that occur with so many people at a party and no one stopping it? Why in the hell did Swetnick continue to party where gang rapes were allegedly fairly common, even travel to Ocean City to party on one occasion. Truth is stranger than fiction, but I have trouble comprehending way out of control parties happening on a fairly regular basis among the same high school kids. It is possible I suppose but I'm inclined to believe we are missing facts or truth my be a victim.

I can't wait for Avanetti to run for prez...lol

He probably should just run... Trump will never let him live down his latest stunt. :lol:

Yeah, but Fenton was talking about Heidi Heitkamp from the senate. I assumed you were as well.
No problems.

Getting back to the house:
The Dems have a 3 in 4 chance of winning the house
The Reps. have a 1 in 4 chance of winning the house.
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/house/

Ha ha! Now THIS is what perjury looks like, kids!

Avenatti's probably ****ting bricks!

I predict he will be the target of a grand jury investigation within the next month

Back
Top Bottom