• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Julian Assange has been charged, prosecutors reveal inadvertently in court filing

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has been charged under seal, prosecutors inadvertently revealed in a recently unsealed court filing — a development that could significantly advance the probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election and have major implications for those who publish government secrets.

The disclosure came in a filing in a case unrelated to Assange. Assistant U.S. Attorney Kellen S. Dwyer, urging a judge to keep the matter sealed, wrote that “due to the sophistication of the defendant and the publicity surrounding the case, no other procedure is likely to keep confidential the fact that Assange has been charged.” Later, Dwyer wrote the charges would “need to remain sealed until Assange is arrested.”

There are more than 3 dozen sealed indictments on the DC docket at this time. We have just found out who one of the indictments is against, thanks to prosecutors accidentally spilling the beans when they unsealed a court record in a different case.

Oopsies......Or is it? LOL.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6fd7ca2adbf9

There are more than 3 dozen sealed indictments on the DC docket at this time. We have just found out who one of the indictments is against, thanks to prosecutors accidentally spilling the beans when they unsealed a court record in a different case.

Oopsies......Or is it? LOL.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6fd7ca2adbf9

Yassuh boss! This hot damned investigative journalist is going to be charged with telling the truth. Hot dam y'all, ah swar, I don't know what the USA is comin' to? Worse, don't ya' know? He was telling the truth about things the USA gubmint had already twisted or hid from John Q. Public. I know it's bad to sully a reputation with lies, but to sully and besmirch a reputation with the whole dang truth is just abominable, eh? The truth police gonna' get his ass, fo' sure, eh? Screw that freedom of the press bullcrap. Thought police are here.
/

Yassuh boss! This hot damned investigative journalist is going to be charged with telling the truth. Hot dam y'all, ah swar, I don't know what the USA is comin' to? Worse, don't ya' know? He was telling the truth about things the USA gubmint had already twisted or hid from John Q. Public. I know it's bad to sully a reputation with lies, but to sully and besmirch a reputation with the whole dang truth is just abominable, eh? The truth police gonna' get his ass, fo' sure, eh? Screw that freedom of the press bullcrap. Thought police are here.
/

Yassuh boss! Assange trafficked stolen property to support the campaign of man who never tells the truth. Screw that messing your democracy bullcrap.

Yassuh boss! Assange trafficked stolen property to support the campaign of man who never tells the truth. Screw that messing your democracy bullcrap.

That is the popular narrative being promoted by the MSM, but the USA and UK have imprisoned Assange in the Ecuador embassy for about 7 or more years and that is before the incident to which your cranium has been massaged to respond to. He exposed US Diplomatic lies on a grand scale. He told some truths about Iraq and killing. We don't know who swiped Podesta's email trove, but because of the CIA Vault 7 trove of tools to mislead cyber identities was released by Assange, it is more likely the reason they want him. CIA says Russia gave Assange the emails. Assange says that is not true. Who do you trust? I'm pretty sure the CIA would like to introduce Assange to Gina "torture babe" Haspel in a private condo at Guantanamo, don't ya' know? Torture is OK by the USA.
/

In my opinion.... information can never be considered property. The act of illegally obtaining information from it's source is a crime, but not because it's property..... it's because it's intrusion and violation of privacy.

Selling of information that isn't yours, is fraud... but simply distributing it... no...

Hilarious. Assange helped the Russians to get trump elected and now trump is going to fry him. And Pamela Anderson - what is it with the men you date and marry? Chachi, Kid Rock and now Assange. All three are trump worshippers. C'mon Pammy - you have some brains - date decent men.

/

Gee bud, why don’t you go clean your hero’s cat’s litter box? After all, he thinks having to do so himself is a violation of his “human rights”.

Rather funny how a supposed “noble crusader for the truth” just about never bothers to try and release Russian or Chinese government information.

In my opinion.... information can never be considered property. The act of illegally obtaining information from it's source is a crime, but not because it's property..... it's because it's intrusion and violation of privacy.

Selling of information that isn't yours, is fraud... but simply distributing it... no...

It's not the selling of information. it's selling of stolen private information off a secure sovereign system by a foreign state. That renders as stolen goods that can be sold or traded for favors, cash, etc. just like any other stolen goods can be and those who knowingly use such stolen goods for their own benefit have committed a crime. Just as much as the people who had actually stolen it had committed a crime.

That is the popular narrative being promoted by the MSM, but the USA and UK have imprisoned Assange in the Ecuador embassy for about 7 or more years and that is before the incident to which your cranium has been massaged to respond to. He exposed US Diplomatic lies on a grand scale. He told some truths about Iraq and killing. We don't know who swiped Podesta's email trove, but because of the CIA Vault 7 trove of tools to mislead cyber identities was released by Assange, it is more likely the reason they want him. CIA says Russia gave Assange the emails. Assange says that is not true. Who do you trust? I'm pretty sure the CIA would like to introduce Assange to Gina "torture babe" Haspel in a private condo at Guantanamo, don't ya' know? Torture is OK by the USA.
/

Oh yes we certainly do know who stole Podesta's emails and it wasn't Assange. It was the GRU. His release of of the CIA vault 7 proves he isn't a altruistic truth-sayer interested in making the world a more open and safer place. But rather a shallow man who doesn't give a **** what harm and mayhem he causes just so long as it gratifies his own personal prejudices and vendettas. He isn't distributor. He's a broker.

It's not the selling of information. it's selling of stolen private information off a secure sovereign system by a foreign state. That renders as stolen goods that can be sold or traded for favors, cash, etc. just like any other stolen goods can be and those who knowingly use such stolen goods for their own benefit have committed a crime. Just as much as the people who had actually stolen it had committed a crime.

If he sold it, then yea.... I agree. But from what I understand his gig is 100% volunteer.

If he sold it, then yea.... I agree. But from what I understand his gig is 100% volunteer.

From what you understand? The info went from the GRU's hands to Wikileaks and Assange. Who had a self-proclaimed personal grudge against Clinton. Money isn't the only measure of value.

Him and snowden should both be given pardons

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

From what you understand? The info went from the GRU's hands to Wikileaks and Assange. Who had a self-proclaimed personal grudge against Clinton. Money isn't the only measure of value.

But that is what is important to be as far as what is lawful... I don't care if he had a grudge on Hillary. He wasn't the one who obtained the information, he simply received it.

Again, unless there are other things that went down that I am not aware of.

Cool. That means that, if I steal atomic secrets from the US and give it to Russia free of charge, I haven't committed a crime?

Cool. That means that, if I steal atomic secrets from the US and give it to Russia free of charge, I haven't committed a crime?

If you aren’t American, don’t live in America, and didn’t break American law on American soil, I would say no, you haven’t committed a crime.

But that is what is important to be as far as what is lawful... I don't care if he had a grudge on Hillary. He wasn't the one who obtained the information, he simply received it.

Again, unless there are other things that went down that I am not aware of.

LOL!. Try explaining to the cops sometime that you simply 'received' stolen property without knowing where it came from or that it was ill gotten but you nonetheless used it for your own benefit just the same. You better be able to prove that or else your ass is going to be in a sling.

LOL!. Try explaining to the cops sometime that you simply 'received' stolen property without knowing where it came from or that it was ill gotten but you nonetheless used it for your own benefit just the same. You better be able to prove that or else your ass is going to be in a sling.

You have provided no proof that it came from the GRU and the proof may be false trail cyber info from Vault 7 files. It could've been from the closet pervert in downtown Hoboken. Gubmints hate whistleblowers a/k/a people who reveal the truth. That's behind the Assange persecution.
/

Back
Top Bottom