• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Judith Miller cannot remember ??

Stu Ghatze

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
What a bunch of crap! Miller goes to jail to protect the identity of the person who first told her about Valeri Plame being a CIA operative, ..& now she says she cannot remember who that person is/or was?

Personnally, I do not think it was Karl Rove; more likely she is protecting another fellow media person, or some dunce from the democratic party.

I will NEVER believe that she took a bullet for Karl Rove by going to jail, or for any administration person!

Her self appointed recent "amnesia" is probably meant to spare the media, & perhaps even a democratic party operative embarrassment who probably IS the real culprit!;)

Stu Ghatze said:
What a bunch of crap! Miller goes to jail to protect the identity of the person who first told her about Valeri Plame being a CIA operative, ..& now she says she cannot remember who that person is/or was?.................

Her self appointed recent "amnesia" is probably meant to spare the media, & perhaps even a democratic party operative embarrassment who probably IS the real culprit!

She reminds me of Hillary "hmmmmm I can't recall how I made $100,000 in a highly risky commodies trade that could have totally wrecked my family fanancially"

I wonder if Fitzgerald is going after the reports and Wilson and not Rove and Libby.

Hoot said:
Both of you are in serious need of help.

For what?

And now it seems the infamous "List" that Earle claimed to have, doesn't even exist.

This whole episode seems to be a replay of Martha Stewart - any indictments will be for obstructing an investigation into a non-crime. If only the press had been so diligent when Bill Clinton lied under oath...

Diogenes said:
This whole episode seems to be a replay of Martha Stewart - any indictments will be for obstructing an investigation into a non-crime. If only the press had been so diligent when Bill Clinton lied under oath...

The press wanted Stewert indicted and wants Rove and Libby indicted. They did not want Bill or Hillary idicted.

They celebrate anyone from the Republican side going before a grand jury, they lemented anyone from the Democrat side.

All those within and outside of the administration who participated in this act of treason should be held accountable to the full extent possible under the law. It does strike me as absurd that Miller claims that she just doesn't remember. Perhaps some more jail time will refresh her memory.

faminedynasty said:
All those within and outside of the administration who participated in this act of treason should be held accountable to the full extent possible under the law. It does strike me as absurd that Miller claims that she just doesn't remember. Perhaps some more jail time will refresh her memory.

What if it wasn't an act of treason but an act of patriotism?

Stinger said:
For what?

And now it seems the infamous "List" that Earle claimed to have, doesn't even exist.

Stu...for saying Miller is protecting some dunce from the dem party, and you for brining up Hillary, who has nothing to do with the subject thread.

Stinger said:

An act of patriotism? Like Oliver North and his testimony to congress about Iran/Contra? I apologize for changing the subject thread. LOL

Hoot said:
Stu...for saying Miller is protecting some dunce from the dem party, and you for brining up Hillary, who has nothing to do with the subject thread.

Dear Hoot, ...please look again, it was NOT "I" who brought up Hillary's name even though the person who did interject her name is correct!;)

Hoot said:

Sure it does, they both seem to have memory problems. Should we trust the presidency with some who has such a problem remembering things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger

Hoot said:
An act of patriotism?

Yes like if someone in government found out that some people over at the CIA were trying to pull a scam on the public and put out a lie that threaten our security and they alerted the press to this.

Wilson lied, about who sent him and about what he found. Isn't it important that the people knew that?

Stinger said:
Sure it does, they both seem to have memory problems. Should we trust the presidency with some who has such a problem remembering things?

Good point! Reagan always botherd the hell out of me.

Stinger said:
...Should we trust the presidency with some who has such a problem remembering things?

You mean like not remembering if he finished his service to the National Guard?
ted

Stu Ghatze said:
Personnally, I do not think it was Karl Rove; more likely she is protecting another fellow media person, or some dunce from the democratic party.

I will NEVER believe that she took a bullet for Karl Rove by going to jail, or for any administration person!

Her self appointed recent "amnesia" is probably meant to spare the media, & perhaps even a democratic party operative embarrassment who probably IS the real culprit!;)
You mean the Judith Miller that avidly supported the war in Iraq and President Bush. The one that went to bat for him multiple times on the WMD claims? The one that published faulty information to bolster support for the war in Iraq. Sure sounds like a dnc liberal operative to me..... :joke:

scottyz said:
You mean the Judith Miller that avidly supported the war in Iraq and President Bush. The one that went to bat for him multiple times on the WMD claims? The one that published faulty information to bolster support for the war in Iraq. Sure sounds like a dnc liberal operative to me..... :joke:

Okay, ...I get it now! So uh only half of the washington liberal establishment is p'ssed off at her because she was willing to support the war & her president; without the infection of "liberalism" paralyzing her ability to use common sense in knowing that Sadaam probably did HAVE & LUST for WMD's.

It is NO small stretch to reach that conclusion since the nuclear facility that France built for Sadaam Hussien in 1980, was rightfully destroyed by Israel in 1981, was NO phantom ..or the fact that Sadaam also DID possess quantities of enough poison gas to slaughter thousands the Kurds.

Stu Ghatze said:
Okay, ...I get it now! So uh only half of the washington liberal establishment is p'ssed off at her because she was willing to support the war & her president; without the infection of "liberalism" paralyzing her ability to use common sense in knowing that Sadaam probably did HAVE & LUST for WMD's.
Lots of dictators have lust for wmd's.. .big deal. Powell and Rice both stated Saddam was powerless, weaponless and irrelevant.
Sadaam also DID possess quantities of enough poison gas to slaughter thousands the Kurds.
But Iran had the gas that was actually found in their lungs according to the DIA. Both Iraq and Iran used gas.

Stu Ghatze said:
What a bunch of crap! Miller goes to jail to protect the identity of the person who first told her about Valeri Plame being a CIA operative, ..& now she says she cannot remember who that person is/or was?

LOL
Do you have any evidence implicating a "Democratic Party operative embarrassment"? Or are you just trying to get the focus off of Rove and Libby.

A couple possibilities for why Judy Miller "forgot":

1. She still wants to take a principled stand protecting her source (most likely Rove or Libby), but doesn't want to spend any more time in jail.

2. She actually did forget. This isn't implausible, as I'm sure this was just one of many stories for a reporter of her stature. And in the months since then there's no guarantee that anything she "remembers" is an actual memory and not just something she came up with under pressure.

There are probably other reasons why she might have "forgot" as well, none of which involve a liberal conspiracy. Your theory about a Democratic operative is ridiculous and baseless. Take off the tinfoil hat.

Last edited:
Stinger said:
The press wanted Stewert indicted and wants Rove and Libby indicted. They did not want Bill or Hillary idicted.

They celebrate anyone from the Republican side going before a grand jury, they lemented anyone from the Democrat side.

Martha Stewart is a hardcore Democrat, so I guess that just about tears your theory to shreds.

And I don't recall the press shedding too many tears for Jim Traficant or Gary Condit.

Kandahar said:
LOL
Do you have any evidence implicating a "Democratic Party operative embarrassment"? Or are you just trying to get the focus off of Rove and Libby.

There are probably other reasons why she might have "forgot" as well, none of which involve a liberal conspiracy. Your theory about a Democratic operative is ridiculous and baseless. Take off the tinfoil hat.

Ever heard of Scooter Libby? Don't you think it's suspicious that one of the possible leakers is named Libby... as in liberal? :joke:

Wyldinstinct said:
Good point! Reagan always botherd the hell out of me.

I don't follow are you trying to say something about the alzheimer's disease that killed him? I hope not since that would extremely tacky and since it didn't afflect him until after he left office I would miss the point anyway.

Get this

"
New York Times reporter Judith Miller is getting an award and taking part in a journalism debate in Las Vegas Tuesday about whether reporters should be legally shielded from revealing confidential sources."
http://www.krnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3993858&nav=8faO

So she gets a award for shielding sources she can't remember shielding.

Hilarious.

Stinger said:
Get this

"
New York Times reporter Judith Miller is getting an award and taking part in a journalism debate in Las Vegas Tuesday about whether reporters should be legally shielded from revealing confidential sources."
http://www.krnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3993858&nav=8faO

So she gets a award for shielding sources she can't remember shielding.

Hilarious.

If one is a liberal it makes perfect sense!:lol:

Stu Ghatze said:
If one is a liberal it makes perfect sense!:lol:

Why do you guys have this hatred for Judy Miller? She's a conservative Republican who took a principled stand and went to jail to protect her (most likely) conservative Republican source. If you can't respect her principled stand, I would think you'd at least be able to respect the fact that she's shielding one of YOUR guys by keeping them out of jail.

Back
Top Bottom