• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judging a person by the company they keep.

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Judging a person by the company they keep. We've all heard the saying. So what does that say about our president who has surrounded himself with unsavory people?

By only the best did he mean the best crooks, liars and dirty dealers?

Judging a person by the company they keep. We've all heard the saying. So what does that say about our president who has surrounded himself with unsavory people?

Trump is the original unsavory character. The others were all upstanding citizens before meeting him.

Trump has surrounded himself with neocons and bankers. Obama surrounded himself with bankers. Bush surrounded himself with neocons.

Yes, we have a long history of presidents surrounding themselves with unsavory people.

Trump has surrounded himself with neocons and bankers. Obama surrounded himself with bankers. Bush surrounded himself with neocons.

Yes, we have a long history of presidents surrounding themselves with unsavory people.

But, but, ...history didn't begin until Trump was elected. Oh my!

Things that suddenly come to your mind when you exhale.

"Judging a person by the company they keep." is stupid. It's the same as judging a book by its cover or a person by their skin color.

"Judging a person by the company they keep." is stupid. It's the same as judging a book by its cover or a person by their skin color.

No, it isn't.

If you're hanging out with al qaeda one must presume you sympathize with them. Not just having some tea.

If you're at the klan rally one must presume you see eye to eye with them. Not that you're there for the bar b que.

No, it isn't.

If you're hanging out with al qaeda one must presume you sympathize with them. Not just having some tea.

If you're at the klan rally one must presume you see eye to eye with them. Not that you're there for the bar b que.

I don't know. I hear that the klan cooks up some tasty BBQ.

The company they keep is a choice.

The left has definitely been hyperbolic and exaggerated in how they have portrayed the people he has surrounded himself with but there is fair criticism to be made about them. I found several of his choices to be disappointing and far from being the best. In that regard it's fair to say he is guilty of he same overblown hyperbole as his critics are.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

No, it isn't.

And if you're at that klan meeting or al qaeda as a journalist or anthropologist? Presumption is mother of all ****-ups.

The company they keep is a choice.

So is judging someone.

I once hung around a man that was convicted of murder. Am I a murderer? Wannabe murderer? Unless you know the story you don't know anything and as such shouldn't be judging.

I don't know about everyone that's in Trump's circle but he sure has managed to pick some amazingly bad lawyers.

Frankly, I'm willing to cut the guy some slack. 15 years ago, or so, my long time secretary (I'd actually kind of inherited her so she wasn't "mine" all that long) retired. She ran EVERYTHING and I never had to so much as think about what was next on my agenda. Once she was gone it took me 4 years to find someone who could be counted on to answer the phone, take messages and get billing out. Forget the other thousand things the "old timer" did. I mean, the basics are really simple tasks but for whatever reason a LOT of people just can't handle them.

And if you're at that klan meeting or al qaeda as a journalist or anthropologist? Presumption is mother of all ****-ups.

So is judging someone.

I once hung around a man that was convicted of murder. Am I a murderer? Wannabe murderer? Unless you know the story you don't know anything and as such shouldn't be judging.

A journalist or anthropologist aren't "company". You are deliberately missing the point to buttresses yours.

And a single individual isn't "company" either.

A prison guard isn't "company" although he spends his workday with criminals.

So is judging someone.

Most of the folks around our president has had 'contacts' with russians that they lied about, why? Some are going to jail, others are awaiting trial. I'm not judging our president on hearsay, I'm judging him by his words and actions and the folks he chooses to put around himself. Donald is a scam artist crook and the people around him are more than willing to grab what they can since he is. It starts at the top and the troops follow.

WOW..... things never change.

Trump is no better than the last president who surrounded himself with tax evaders, radicals, bombers, racists and race baiters,

A journalist or anthropologist aren't "company". You are deliberately missing the point to buttresses yours.

And a single individual isn't "company" either.

A prison guard isn't "company" although he spends his workday with criminals.

It only takes one person being with another to be considered "company". Keeping company can be anything from simply hanging around or interacting with.

And thanks for giving me another example. ;)

It only takes one person being with another to be considered "company". Keeping company can be anything from simply hanging around or interacting with.

And thanks for giving me another example. ;)

Look it up.

It refers to friends, intimates, business partners. The people IN your life.

Not your acquaintances, not even the guy a couple cubicles over you talk to sometimes.

You are applying your own definition to make your point.

“Company” implies an association with someone. Just being in the same place with someone does not make them company.

The people one chooses to associate with are their company. Trump chooses to associate with many crooks and liars. That reflects on him and them.

You are applying your own definition to make your point.
Yep. A bigger person would acknowledge their error.

Obama with Farrakhan.jpg

BIll Clinton Perv Island.jpg

Funny. I remember the right, including me and Sarah Palin and most right leaning posters on here, constantly, constantly judging Barack Obama by the company he kept (or who he "palled" around with). Bill Ayers. Jeremiah Wright.

Perhaps you forgot to mention on here all those years how stupid it was for so many to say that.

“Company” implies an association with someone. Just being in the same place with someone does not make them company.

The people one chooses to associate with are their company. Trump chooses to associate with many crooks and liars. That reflects on him and them.

Yep. A bigger person would acknowledge their error.

Semantics, circular arguments with no point other than to validate whatever point. I thought the question was straight forward enough and there is certainly proof enough he does surround himself with unsavory people. Obama has nothing to do with the question, he's not president. Then journalists and anthropologists get thrown in for a bit more confusion as to what the original question meant and then those on the left are said to be a bit hyperbolic. Should the president be found guilty of cooperating with the russians, instead of building bomb shelters better get working on your personal ark from the river of tears from the right.

Back
Top Bottom