• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Judges Slaps Down Trump Lawyers (VIDEO)

Geoist

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Maricopa County Judge: "Your solicitation of witnesses yielded some affidavits, from people, sworn affidavits that you yourself determined are clearly false, and 'spam', as you phrased it, correct?"

Trump Lawyer: "That's correct."

Judge: "The affidavits you submitted are the ones you could not prove are false. So am I correct in saying: You solicited affidavits. You received some. Some you could prove were false. You set those aside. Those you couldn't prove are false you submitted to the court."

Lawyer: "Correct, they were submitted under penalty of perjury."

Judge: "But the affidavits that you yourself found to be false were also submitted under penalty of perjury, right?"

Lawyer: "Correct. Improperly."

Judge: "The fact that your process yielded affidavits that you yourself found to be false does not support a finding that this process generates reliable evidence. This is concerning. The fact that you solicited affidavits. Some you know are false. Some you don't know if they're false or not. You exclude the ones you can prove are false and submit the others. How is that a reliable process of gathering evidence? If your process for gathering declarations has yielded sworn statements under oath that your investigation has determined to be false that doesn't give me any reason to believe your process is one that generates trustworthy affidavits. It simply generated affidavits you can't prove are not true. That's not the same as being trustworthy.

GIF SUMMARY:

Good lord. If this is how they're proceeding with the remaining lawsuits, there's going to be more lawyers getting their hats handed to them and shown the door. It reinforces the idea of all this nonsense being a narrative looking for evidence.

And just like that, a miracle, all the Trump lawsuits went away, with the cold of January!

:ROFLMAO:

Lawyers can't lie in court.

If they keep their license to practice law, I'll be amazed.

Lawyers can't lie in court.

If they keep their license to practice law, I'll be amazed.

This is why Trump's team prefers to do press conferences. They can lie to their heart's content.

Back
Top Bottom