• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge's brutal ruling on Trump's effort to toss lawsuits accusing him of Jan. 6 conspiracy

A very welcome and necessary political screed. I say bravo to this judge. We know that most Trump fans will disregard it and call witch hunt. However, there are some that will take the time to read and learn what an ass Trump is.
Reality doesn't have to convince Trump cultists that it is reality. Reality will just keep moving on and the cultists can believe what they want.

Going to be appealed.
Going to be reversed.

Judge is way out of bounds!

I wonder if a couple of them got banned. I haven’t seen some of these guys at all, lately.
Nah, they just purposely avoid these threads and focus on Hillary and being angry at Canada and Trudeau

What’s groundbreaking in this ruling is that the court ruled that the president isn’t shielded, as other presidents have been shielded in the past. This means the court believed that Trump’s behavior is so outrageous that he can’t hide behind his former office.
Exactly & right on...(y)

I wonder if a couple of them got banned. I haven’t seen some of these guys at all, lately.
Banned/Humiliated/Unavailable due to C19, who knows.

Their focus now is on ridiculing Biden instead of pledging their love for Trump. I think many are realizing that they were Trumps useful idiots. Eventually Trump will throw everyone under the bus.

"...U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta said the evidence suggests Trump assembled the crowd and then instructed the rally goers to march on the Capitol, despite knowing that the crowd likely included violent and destructive elements. And Trump’s Twitter attack amid the violence on then-Vice President Mike Pence, who was presiding over the counting of electoral votes that would finalize President Joe Biden’s victory, suggests a “tacit agreement” with those who stormed the Capitol and sent Pence and lawmakers fleeing for safety, Mehta wrote.

..“[T]he President’s January 6 Rally Speech can reasonably be viewed as a call for collective action,” Mehta wrote. “The President’s regular use of the word ‘we’ is notable. To name just a few examples: ‘We will not take it anymore’; ‘We will stop the steal’; ‘We will never give up’; ‘We will never concede’; ‘We will not take it anymore’; ‘All Mike Pence has to do is send it back to the states to recertify, and we become president.’”

“Importantly, it was the President and his campaign’s idea to send thousands to the Capitol while the Certification was underway. It was not a planned part of the rally. In fact, the permit expressly stated that it did ‘not authorize a march from the Ellipse,’” Mehta wrote. “From these alleged facts, it is at least plausible to infer that, when he called on rally-goers to march to the Capitol, the President did so with the goal of disrupting lawmakers’ efforts to certify the Electoral College votes,” he continued. “The Oath Keepers, the Proud Boys, and others who forced their way into the Capitol building plainly shared in that unlawful goal.”

Link

The Proud Boys, you may recall, is the group Trump told to "stand by."

You really don't see anything except as directed by the propagandists spewing hate, do you.

Taking the speech together with what he said the two months prior, one could make a reasonable case for incitement.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Thank you for your totally inexpert and decidedly partisan biased opinion.

Just wondering, was it also "political screed" on the parts where the judge ALLOWED the motions for dismissal within the three suits?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
His reasoning is ludicrous - that the President's speech is not protected by the First Amendment because he should have known there were some violent people hearing his speech and that there was a 'suggestion' of a "tacit agreement" between him and any violent people listening.

Such absurd "reasoning" puts every single news organization out of business and prevents every single politician from making any speech, ever.

His reasoning is ludicrous - that the President's speech is not protected by the First Amendment because he should have known there were some violent people hearing his speech and that there was a 'suggestion' of a "tacit agreement" between him and any violent people listening.

Such absurd "reasoning" puts every single news organization out of business and prevents every single politician from making any speech, ever.
Once more thank you for your totally inexpert opinion that and good job on deflection from answering my question.

;) (y)

Once more thank you for your totally inexpert opinion that and good job on deflection from answering my question.

;) (y)
Wouldn't want to insult your sensibilities with my "totally inexpert opinion"

No it doesn't

Can anyone look at his speech leading up to that day and not conclude he knew exactly what he was doing?
Sure. Cite him ever calling for violence, Go for it.

If democracy survives Trump and the Republicans, we can thank the judges. They have been on to Trump for quite some time.
At this point, it doesn't appear like we will ever be thanking Garland for much of any ****ing thing.

Back
Top Bottom