• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge throws the book at Flynn

SoCal

Woke Leftist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Judge delays sentencing Flynn after rebuke: 'Arguably, you sold your country out!'

Selling out your country all the while working in the WH as a security advisor. I hope he has to fear bending over in the shower for many years to come...

Judge delays sentencing Flynn after rebuke: 'Arguably, you sold your country out!'

Selling out your country all the while working in the WH as a security advisor. I hope he has to fear bending over in the shower for many years to come...

Nah, I doubt it. At most a few weeks. I even doubt that.

never fear
at club fed there are no showers
only hot, soothing japanese baths for the guests

I expect what the Judge is after is forcing Flynn to stay this cooperation course all the way through the trial on the Turkey affair in the Eastern District and any other elements of the Russia Investigation.

Flynn's Defense team trying to rehabilitate Flynn in Sullivan's Courtroom really blew up in their faces and Sullivan just started breaking the fine China.

Sullivan thinks the Prosecution's efforts to prove to other cooperators that they can pull judges all the way to Probation only for full cooperation is another issue for Sullivan much exacerbated by Flynn's Defense team antics. Sullivan is basically saying to the Prosecution that full Probation, no jail time is premature for a crime as serious as lying to the FBI from an office in the WH. Plus Sullivan is calling Flynn on the carpet for the crimes he has plead to plus those that the Prosecution is letting him off on without even charging him.

Sullivan turned and looked at the American Flag in the Courtroom and then turned back to Flynn and said "you sold your country out"...

OUCH!

I don't think this is about more evidence from Flynn as much as it is about finishing the process of giving testimony in court before finding his way to Probation with no jail time. Sullivan was not happy with ANYBODY today.

Is this the judge that Trumpsters were hoping would throw the book a Mueller for alleged irregularities in the FBI interviews?

No...the judge didn't "throw the book" at Flynn. The judge made a few ill-advised remarks that he later apologized for and he delayed sentencing.

That's all that happened.

I think you're right jnug...

No...the judge didn't "throw the book" at Flynn. The judge made a few ill-advised remarks that he later apologized for and he delayed sentencing.

The only ill advised remark Sullivan referred to was his remarks about not "agreeing with the Petraeus sentencing either. The degree to which the Right has tried to stretch rulings from the bench or comments from the bench in these trials is frankly ridiculous.

Well I'll have to take one from the conservative playbook; "yeah, but..."

In the end this delay will result in either serving time or more cooperation...

Flynn spoke to the Russian ambassador as part of preparing for his position. Apparently, that's a crime now. Oh, and nobody at the FBI who interviewed Flynn thought that he lied. It's a frame job carried out in the eagerness to get Trump. Very shameful treatment of a guy who has served his country over 30 years including in combat.

Flynn spoke to the Russian ambassador as part of preparing for his position. Apparently, that's a crime now. Oh, and nobody at the FBI who interviewed Flynn thought that he lied. It's a frame job carried out in the eagerness to get Trump. Very shameful treatment of a guy who has served his country over 30 years including in combat.

Red: Went well beyond that

Blue: They thought he appeared truthful. But of course they already had the material in hand that told them he was lying.

Yellow: NOPE!

Red: Went well beyond that

Blue: They thought he appeared truthful. But of course they already had the material in hand that told them he was lying.

Yellow: NOPE!

Well beyond that in what manner and what was illegal about it? Speaking of illegality, I think lying to the FISA judge on multiple occasions is a crime, is it not?

Well beyond that in what manner and what was illegal about it? Speaking of illegality, I think lying to the FISA judge on multiple occasions is a crime, is it not?

Keep diggin' You will find a few of your bothers in arms down there in the same hole. Just yell up and let us know when you want us to shove the dirt in over you.

Keep diggin' You will find a few of your bothers in arms down there in the same hole. Just let us know when you want us to shove the dirt in.

I see you assiduously avoided answering my questions. Says a lot.

I see you assiduously avoided answering my questions. Says a lot.

Says they have been answered a zillion times in a million threads. Gets tiring after awhile and booooooring.

You can keep repeating that but it's a lie.

What's shameful is the incoming NSA lying like a common criminal to the FBI. You guys on the right are trying like heck to lower the bar into the dirt for Trump and his cronies. It's stunning really.

He did it to himself. His willingness to do and say outrageous things for Trump is how he got the gig in the first place.

He was so far down the rabbit hole it was recognized before Trump was even elected:
October 16, 2016
How Mike Flynn Became America’s Angriest General
He was one of the most respected intelligence officers of his generation. Now he's Donald Trump’s national security alter ego, goading a crowd to lock Hillary Clinton up. What happened?

Last edited:

Undermining sanctions against the Russians for helping his future boss get elected.

Lying to the FBI is illegal. If you doubt it, go check out Flynn's guilty plea.

Speaking of illegality, I think murder is illegal.

You can keep repeating that but it's a lie.

What's shameful is the incoming NSA lying like a common criminal to the FBI. You guys on the right are trying like heck to lower the bar into the dirt for Trump and his cronies. It's stunning really.

Please man. Even Peter Strzok, of all people, did not think Flynn lied about anything. He didn't even bring a lawyer with him. Yea, sounds like a very dastardly guy.:roll:

Undermining sanctions against the Russians for helping his future boss get elected.

Lying to the FBI is illegal. If you doubt it, go check out Flynn's guilty plea.

Speaking of illegality, I think murder is illegal.

Flynn did what any incoming person in his position would do. Nobody at the FBI thought he lied. Of course, if you threaten someone with bankruptcy, a long prison term and make threats to their family, they will say pretty much what you want. It's amazing how easily the left takes to big state arm twisting and bullying when it suits their political objectives. Oh, and lying to the FISA judge is a crime, one the FBI did multiple times to get warrants to place surveillance on the Trump campaign.

Please man. Even Peter Strzok, of all people, did not think Flynn lied about anything.
Stop pushing lies:

Those misimpressions do not change the fact—as the defendant has admitted in sworn testimony to this District Court—that he was indeed lying, and knowingly made false statements to FBI agents in a national security investigation. Those false statements were material, including by raising the question of why he was lying to the FBI, the Vice President, and others.
https://www.scribd.com/document/395716348/Flynn-Interview-Documents#from_embed

Please man. Even Peter Strzok, of all people, did not think Flynn lied about anything. He didn't even bring a lawyer with him. Yea, sounds like a very dastardly guy.:roll:

Volunteer your legal services to Flynn if you want - they'll appreciate your rock solid analysis.

On this planet, he pleaded guilty to lying, because he lied, and he swore an oath under penalty of perjury he lied. I don't really care to debunk your nonsense for the 10th time.

Back
Top Bottom