• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge strikes down portions of Florida's racist election law

Subieguy

Todays GOP: wrong on EVERYTHING!!!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Yes your honor. Well done and thank you.

As I have been saying all along about most of these bills they unfairly target black voters.

A federal judge struck down portions of a Florida election law passed last year, saying in a ruling Thursday that the Republican-led government was using subtle tactics to suppress Black voters

“For the past 20 years, the majority in the Florida Legislature has attacked the voting rights of its Black constituents,” Walker added.
Florida’s Republican-led legislature joined several others around the country in passing election reforms after Republican former President Donald Trump made unfounded claims that the 2020 election was stolen from him. Democrats have called such reforms a partisan attempt to keep some voters from the ballot box.

Much of the debate focused on vote-by-mail ballots and how they are collected and returned. The new law also limited when people could use a drop box to submit their ballot.
The office of Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis, which made the election bill a priority, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

May we hope other Judges in other states see the light as well?

The judge will be overruled. Florida doesn't not have to allow mail-in ballots at all. Alaska doesn't. Only those voters who have personally requested an absentee ballot are allowed to mail in their ballots, nobody else. Furthermore, drop boxes require supervision in order to verify chain of custody. If the State chooses not to provide that supervision, then those drop boxes - and all the ballots they contain - become invalid and are tossed into the trash.

In the infamous words of the first Democrat President Andrew Jackson, "The courts made their decision, now lets see them enforce it."

If these cases reach the Supreme Court, I hope at least 5 Justices will agree that these laws are not aimed at any particular group.

These laws simply wish to ensure honest elections.

It seems, however, that the Dems will eventually get to appoint more Justices to the Court during the Biden years and if the Dems win the White House in 2024.

So those laws will eventually be declared unconstitutional because of the zeitgeist in this nation.

The judge will be overruled. Florida doesn't not have to allow mail-in ballots at all. Alaska doesn't. Only those voters who have personally requested an absentee ballot are allowed to mail in their ballots, nobody else. Furthermore, drop boxes require supervision in order to verify chain of custody. If the State chooses not to provide that supervision, then those drop boxes - and all the ballots they contain - become invalid and are tossed into the trash.

In the infamous words of the first Democrat President Andrew Jackson, "The courts made their decision, now lets see them enforce it."

Are military and overseas votes "supervised"?

If these cases reach the Supreme Court, I hope at least 5 Justices will agree that these laws are not aimed at any particular group.

It seems, however, that the Dems will eventually get to appoint more Justices to the Court during the Biden years and if the Dems win the White House in 2024.

So those laws will eventually be declared unconstitutional because of the zeitgeist in this nation.
I don't agree with your assessment. Biden may indeed get to appoint more Supreme Court justices, but it depends on who controls the Senate. Obama did not get consent from the Senate for his nominee to the Supreme Court, for which the nation should be very grateful. It is unlikely that Biden will have another Supreme Court nominee accepted by the Senate after this coming November election, so this is really his one and only shot and it will not change the composition of the court. Biden is replacing one leftist POS with another leftist POS.

Are military and overseas votes "supervised"?
When they have a polling station established on base, absolutely. However, most military votes are cast via absentee ballot.

I voted absentee twice when I served in the Marine Corps from 1972 until 1980. In November of 1972 I was just graduating boot camp, and in November 1976 I was in 14 Area of Main Side, Camp Pendleton, CA. Although my vote was included with the State of Nebraska at the time, because that is the State where I originally enlisted.

When they have a polling station established on base, absolutely. However, most military votes are cast via absentee ballot.

I voted absentee twice when I served in the Marine Corps from 1972 until 1980. In November of 1972 I was just graduating boot camp, and in November 1976 I was in 14 Area of Main Side, Camp Pendleton, CA. Although my vote was included with the State of Nebraska at the time, because that is the State where I originally enlisted.
So chain of custody is a problem?

1648863594223.png

hmm? the judge is an Obama appointee-doesn't mean his ruling is improper but if the judge was say a Trump appointee, then the ruling would have more gravitas

hmm? the judge is an Obama appointee-doesn't mean his ruling is improper
but if the judge was say a Trump appointee, then the ruling would have more gravitas
Do you want to know a secret TD??? This ruling will STAND... I shit you not... It will get fast-tracked... By the 2022 midterms

Even the Supreme Court will uphold it... This is their "Get Out of Jail Free" card. to clean up Roberts's ****ed up decision in the Supreme Court decision in Shelby V holder voting rights bill... On June 25, 2013, the United States Supreme Court held that it is unconstitutional to use the coverage formula in Section 4(b) of the Voting Rights Act to determine which jurisdictions are subject to the preclearance requirement of Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act, Shelby County v. Holder, 133 S. Ct... Roberts will reverse himself, and bring another rePuke with him...

The SCOTUS can not let all these new Voter Suppression bills stand... It would destroy America... and they know it...
-peace

Last edited:
Do you want to know a secret TD??? This ruling will STAND... I shit you not... It will get fast-tracked... By the 2022 midterms

Even the Supreme Court will uphold it... This is their "Get Out of Jail Free" card. to clean up Roberts's ****ed up decision in the Supreme Court decision in Shelby V holder voting rights??? On June 25, 2013, the United States Supreme Court held that it is unconstitutional to use the coverage formula in Section 4(b) of the Voting Rights Act to determine which jurisdictions are subject to the preclearance requirement of Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act, Shelby County v. Holder, 133 S. Ct... Roberts will reverse himself, and bring another rePuke with him...

The SCOTUS can not let all these new Voter Suppression bills stand... It would destroy America...
-peace
voter suppression laws-hmmm. that sounds like loaded language

Yes, by their superiors.

More fantasy... They are sent through regular mail just like your electric bill and subscription of Trump Fantasy magazine...

voter suppression laws-hmmm. that sounds like loaded language Call it what it is...
If you read the ruling carefully, which I did, it reeks of Roberts's inputs and collaboration...
They do not want a blood bath at the polls on their hands...
The country would not recover from that...
-peace

Any State that allows unrequested and unverified ballots to be mailed in, is asking for massive voter fraud. Their election results cannot be trusted.

As usual, Democrats say black voters are too poor or stupid to vote.

Bullshit.

Honest elections? Zeitgeist?

That whole post is absolute bullshit.

they voted tRump out...
took the house and the senate
-peace
any more questions???

So how would such a law inhibit black people from voting then?!? Looks like they can vote just fine.

Taking the House and/or Senate is just temporary, I assure you. The way the Biden Administration screwed things up so badly.

hmm? the judge is an Obama appointee-doesn't mean his ruling is improper but if the judge was say a Trump appointee, then the ruling would have more gravitas
How many Trump appointed judges have ruled against his policies, lies, appeals, etc? More than a few.

How many Trump appointed judges have ruled against his policies, lies, appeals, etc? More than a few.
that really has nothing to do with what i stated, does it. we do know that GOP judges are more likely to rule against their party than dem judges are

that really has nothing to do with what i stated, does it. we do know that GOP judges are more likely to rule against their party than dem judges are
Why is that? Are you implying they are less biased?

We're living the 1950s/1960s all over again.

Back
Top Bottom