• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge rules against Trump in tax records subpoena fight

HenryChinaski

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Judge rules against Trump in tax records subpoena fight - CNNPolitics
A federal judge on Thursday said New York state prosecutors could have access to President Donald Trump's accounting records for a criminal investigation, siding harshly against the President.

The ruling by US District Judge Victor Marrero follows a landmark Supreme Court decision this summer that appeared to set up potentially lengthy delays on subpoenas for Trump's records. Yet the ruling on Thursday snaps attention back to the ongoing criminal probe of Trump's business dealings, and revives the possibility that Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance could reach the records before the presidential election.
"Justice requires an end to this controversy," Marrero wrote.
Vance's office has been examining whether Trump or the Trump Organization violated state laws in connection with hush money payments made to women alleging affairs with Trump. The investigation has also looked into whether business records filed with the state were falsified and if any tax laws were violated, CNN has reported.
Trump had sued Vance to stop the grand jury subpoena of his longtime accounting firm Mazars USA for years of his records. But the judge said the case was no longer valid and should be tossed from court.
But Marrero rejected Trump's attempt to use the court system for more delays. He built into his ruling a prohibition for Trump to revise his lawsuit as a way to keep it alive even if he's lost additional rounds in court.
Trump's legal strategy to "enable the clock to run," Marrero wrote, "amounts to absolute immunity through a back door, an entry point through which not only a President but also potentially other persons and entities, public and private, could effectively gain cover from judicial process."
Trump has always been dirty. Ask any lifelong resident of NY, they know his history. I've no doubt that Trump is scared and knows damn well what they will find. I also have no doubt that he will throw anyone and everyone under the bus including his own kids to avoid culpability.

With Bannon getting yanked off the yacht of a Chinese con man, and charged with pocketing money from a fake charity of his own, we hardly noticed!!!!!!!!

Judge rules against Trump in tax records subpoena fight - CNNPolitics Trump has always been dirty. Ask any lifelong resident of NY, they know his history. I've no doubt that Trump is scared and knows damn well what they will find. I also have no doubt that he will throw anyone and everyone under the bus including his own kids to avoid culpability.

Yes.

I told anyone who would listen, eight years ago.

I knew who and what Donald Trump was thirty five years ago.

The Deep State is gunning for Trump even harder now.

Can’t believe it.

Obviously there’s nothing in those tax returns.

That’s why he’s fighting so hard to stop them from being seen.

To stop people wasting time having to read them and articles about them.

That times saved can be used to fix the economy.

Can’t believe it.

If he loses the election(I hope) The GOP is done paying his legal bills, he's on his own.

Can’t believe it.

there is no such thing as the deep state.

We need a poll to see how many Trump Republicans believed Trump when he said he'd release his taxes.

Can’t believe it.

If Trump hadn't been distracted by these deep state investigations there would have been zero deaths from covid-19.

Back
Top Bottom