• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge Rules Acting DHS Secretary Did Not Have Authority To Suspend DACA Program

And?? Do you have any more recent articles which are from legitimate sources that prove DACA is unconstitutional? If so, provide them. If not, give it up.
There's more recent court cases where the issue was litigated. Quoting an old artice while ignoring current events is kinda silly.

There's more recent court cases where the issue was litigated. Quoting an old artice while ignoring current events is kinda silly.
So as usual, you have NO articles of proof for your claim from legitimate sources. You need to stop wasting everyone's time here, spreading false information here without proving it's factual with links. I for one am not interested in your trolling posts.

So as usual, you have NO articles of proof for your claim from legitimate sources. You need to stop wasting everyone's time here, spreading false information here without proving it's factual with links. I for one am not interested in your trolling posts.
I don't need an article because I'm smart and know the history and current events. You can do your own research. I'm not your personal assistant.

The current debate before the courts is essentially that despite DACA being unconstitutional the plaintiffs either don't have legal standing to bring suit since they were not specifically harmed and/or the cat is already out of the bag and there's an earned benefit that cannot be taken away without an act of legislature. The executive branch does not and never has had the authority to create a new status of immigrant and provide federal benefits and protections to said class. That power has always rested within the legislature. There is no precedent for it and there is no law that grants that authority. That's not under dispute. The dispute is now that individuals came forward and provided personal information to the government for said benefits it can't be taken away without an act of Congress.

I don't need an article because I'm smart and know the history and current events. You can do your own research. I'm not your personal assistant.

The current debate before the courts is essentially that despite DACA being unconstitutional the plaintiffs either don't have legal standing to bring suit since they were not specifically harmed and/or the cat is already out of the bag and there's an earned benefit that cannot be taken away without an act of legislature. The executive branch does not and never has had the authority to create a new status of immigrant and provide federal benefits and protections to said class. That power has always rested within the legislature. There is no precedent for it and there is no law that grants that authority. That's not under dispute. The dispute is now that individuals came forward and provided personal information to the government for said benefits it can't be taken away without an act of Congress.
So, to be clear, no court has ever ruled DACA as unconstitutional. So your claims that it is are meaningless opinion.

You can admit you're wrong whenever you want. At this point it's just awkward for all of us.
I’m sorry, I missed the court that ruled it y constitutional in your post. Care to try again?

Do you remember where you moved the goalposts? They've been lost in your straw man rhetoric.
I accept your concession. Thank you for admitting DACA has not been ruled unconstitutional.

I accept your concession. Thank you for admitting DACA has not been ruled unconstitutional.
You're inventing an argument to tear it down which is a typical straw man fallacy. I'd suggest you listen to the latest Supreme Court oral arguments where the unconstitutionality was never in question. The question was simply how to move forward now that there's an expected benefit. Nobody with more than a couple firing neurons believes DACA was implemented in a constitutional fashion... which explains why everyone else in this thread has quietly bowed out. They must have decided to do their own research. I'm sure eventually you'll catch up.

You're inventing an argument to tear it down which is a typical straw man fallacy. I'd suggest you listen to the latest Supreme Court oral arguments where the unconstitutionality was never in question. The question was simply how to move forward now that there's an expected benefit. Nobody with more than a couple firing neurons believes DACA was implemented in a constitutional fashion... which explains why everyone else in this thread has quietly bowed out. They must have decided to do their own research. I'm sure eventually you'll catch up.
Thank you for again conceding that DACA is not unconstitutional.

yea, that court didn't rule it unconstitutional either. They simply issued a stay. So again, no court has ever ruled DACA is unconstitutional.
They ruled it was unlawful and upheld an injunction issued by a lower court. So I guess that would make it two courts that found it unlawful.

They ruled it was unlawful and upheld an injunction issued by a lower court. So I guess that would make it two courts that found it unlawful.
so you agree with me then, that no court has ever ruled DACA unconstitutional. Thank you.

so you agree with me then, that no court has ever ruled DACA unconstitutional. Thank you.
So you agree with me them, that DACA was found to be unlawful. Thank you.

So you agree with me them, that DACA was found to be unlawful. Thank you.
Except it wasn't. the supreme court blocked trump from shutting down the program.

Except it wasn't. the supreme court blocked trump from shutting down the program.
They never examined the question of its lawfulness.

This is a just ruling, too bad there even needed to be a ruling. Trump does not honor his oath as president or the rule of law. Mafia.

I cant wait to see the mental gymnastics these judges go through when every time biden tries to rescind one of Trumps EOs its challenged in court. They have now set a precedent that preexisting EOs can't be arbitrarily changed by the next potus.
Dont get me wrong I am sure they will concoct a reason why its ok for Biden to do it, but it will put another nail in the dwindling credibility of the ruling class.

Back
Top Bottom