• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge Rules Acting DHS Secretary Did Not Have Authority To Suspend DACA Program

You think passing a law covering DACA is good only for Democrats, hence bad for Republicans? Yes, you really are confused, watch it get passed.
You seem to think passing a law that would cover border security is only good for Republicans, hence bad for Democrats? Yes, you really are confused, watch it not get passed.

You can look up for yourself the legal details of DACA. I'm not your personal assistant and could care less if you prefer to remain ignorant. In the meantime, here are some quotes from Obama about his authority to change immigration law via executive order.

“I’m president, I’m not king”
“I’m the president of the United States, not the emperor of the United States.”
“I can’t just make the laws up myself.”
“There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system that for me to simply through executive order ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as President.”
Your tantrum is amusing.

You seem to think passing a law that would cover border security is only good for Republicans, hence bad for Democrats? Yes, you really are confused, watch it not get passed.
The Dems have and will continue to pass Bills to fund border security, you don't seem to know that fact. The only thing they are unwilling to do is fund Trump's Wall, guess what, the Repubs don't give a chit about any stupid Wall. Both Parties will get what they want and the Wall is a dead deal. Watch and learn.

Like I said, watch and see, the GOP will pass a DACA law to protect those that the guidelines apply to. Thinking you are going to be surprised how GOP will become far less obstructive without the Donald sitting in the WH, bet it happens next year. Are you against protecting those kids?
The GOP hasnt significantly changed when trump came to power. They were still obstructing everything and they wont change when trump is out of power. Were going to have to actually fight them to get anything done, its the only thing they understand. The last 12 years should have taught us something.

Excellent insight. I see you continue to show value.
I’d hate to see you change one iota but considering your ideology, i wont have to worry :). The laughs will keep on coming.

The GOP hasnt significantly changed when trump came to power. They were still obstructing everything and they wont change when trump is out of power. Were going to have to actually fight them to get anything done, its the only thing they understand. The last 12 years should have taught us something.
We'll see how well it works or not. I know there are some issues the Repubs won't budge on and I don't blame them, such as gun control. Other things can be worked out, Biden and McConnell get along just fine and you just might see more get done than many believe is possible. Keep your fingers crissed., We haven't even gotten Biden sworn in yet, so first things first.

The Dems have and will continue to pass Bills to fund birder security, you don't seem to know that fact.
If the birder security funding proposed by Democrats were adequate we wouldn't have nearly 1+ million DACA recipients, you don't seem to know that fact.

The only thing they are unwilling to do is find Trump's Wall, guess what the Repubs don't give a chit about any stupid Wall. Both Parties will get what they want and the Wall is a dead deal. Watch and learn.
And enforce the current laws as well as expand current protections... but, let's pretend Democrats are in favor of border security if it makes you feel better.

Didn't trump say he supported the DACA kids be given a path to citizenship, didn't the Republicans say the same. So why hasn't it been dealt with, oh wait now I remember, when the Dems tried trump added on funding for the Wall as a condition, yes, it is called exstorsion. So, next year under a new President it will finally get dealt with.
Most people would call that negotiating.

When I ask for a link, and the person I ask is unable or unwilling to provide one, moves the goalpost, or insist that you provide a link but won't provide one of his/her own, I simply stop engaging.

Stop following trolls down the hole.... It's the primary reason why so many of these threads go on for dozens of pages.

When I ask for a link, and the person I ask is unable or unwilling to provide one, moves the goalpost, or insist that you provide a link but won't provide one of his/her own, I simply stop engaging.

Stop following trolls down the hole.... It's the primary reason why so many of these threads go on for dozens of pages.
What goalposts? Do your own research. That's how people get smart. Under what authority can the executive branch create a new status of immigrant with new legal benefits? None. There is no precedent or legal right to do so. The person who implemented it was a professor of constitutional law and said repeatedly it was unconstitutional. And, somehow you need links to a basic legal question. Figure it out. Nobody on here is your tutor. Your sense of entitlement is absurd.

Mods, do you see this? This is what happens when you don't require links or support.

By not requiring links, you encourage certain behaviors that just frustrate people who genuinely want to engage in a debate.

Post count may increase the visibility of a forum on a Google search, but it doesn't necessarily increase the quality of the content....

Mods, do you see this? this is what happens when you don't require links or support.

By not requiring links, you encourage certain behaviors that just frustrate people who genuinely want to engage in a debate.

Post count may increase the visibility of a forum on a Google search, but it doesn't necessarily increase the quality of the content....
Now you want moderators to help you find a link? Why don't you make an argument for why you think it was legal and then I can tell you why it's wrong.

Most people would call that negotiating.
Most people know trump does not negotiate, it is his way or no way, and that is what both sides got, nothing.

We'll see how well it works or not. I know there are some issues the Repubs won't budge on and I don't blame them, such as gun control. Other things can be worked out, Biden and McConnell get along just fine and you just might see more get done than many believe is possible. Keep your fingers crissed., We haven't even gotten Biden sworn in yet, so first things first.
Its not really about gun control. Is that really what you think is the problem? Yeah rich people get along gee thats a surprise. Maybe they should think about the hundreds of thousands of people who are dead and maybe performative horse shit #resistance will actually mean something. Make republicans own this shit each and every one of those people that enabled trump. Its not about ideology. Its about holding people accountable for blatantly evil acts. Im sorry asking to hold mitch mc****ing connel accountable is not an extremist partisan position..... Casper, we have had 12 years of this shit.... im ****ing tired of it and so many people are. If we keep this charlie brown act up the next trump is going to utterly destroy you. Do you want that to happen?

Last edited:
Im still thinking latin americans now are going to beat us in the realm of democracy. At least people are fighting and organizing for it against greater odds.

This is a just ruling, too bad there even needed to be a ruling. Trump does not honor his oath as president or the rule of law. Mafia.

Just another example of the general lawlessness this administration lives in.

Your can have your opinion. No matter how misguided it is.
You said DACA was unconstitutional. I called you on it. You are unable to prove that it is.
Come back when you have something that defends your position. If not, have a whatever day.

Those who are excited to troll will never come up with any links or documents to back up their bullshit. I understand that DACA was never proven to be unconstitutional.

Its not really about gun control. Is that really what you think is the problem? Yeah rich people get along gee thats a surprise. Maybe they should think about the hundreds of thousands of people who are dead and maybe performative horse shit #resistance will actually mean something. Make republicans own this shit each and every one of those people that enabled trump. Its not about ideology. Its about holding people accountable for blatantly evil acts. Im sorry asking to hold mitch mc****ing connel accountable is not an extremist partisan position..... Casper, we have had 12 years of this shit.... im ****ing tired of it and so many people are. If we keep this charlie brown act up the next trump is going to utterly destroy you. Do you want that to happen?
Relax, you won, good Grief take a deep breath.

That article is over three years old...
And?? Do you have any more recent articles which are from legitimate sources that prove DACA is unconstitutional? If so, provide them. If not, give it up.

Back
Top Bottom