• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge: RI’s stun gun law violates 2nd Amendment

Take that up with Kim Potter. She tried to taser a man who was just evading her at a traffic stop. If she was making a self defense move while yelling, "Taser taser taser!" and somehow grabbing the wrong gun, the jury would have acquitted her. Everyone agreed it was all about how she used her real gun, not whether she was defending herself or not, to determine her guilt.
Take it up with SCOTUS. Reread Caetano v Massachusetts. Reread Heller, too, so you understand that right of the people to be arms in self defense isn't associated with membership in a militia.

Take it up with SCOTUS. Reread Caetano v Massachusetts. Reread Heller, too, so you understand that right of the people to be arms in self defense isn't associated with membership in a militia.

Why don't you respond directly to the post you quoted?

Why don't you respond directly to the post you quoted?
Because you're wrong. Actual legal experts briefed the jury on the law. The jury came back with their verdict based on their instructions.

You've shown no evidence of understanding the law at all.

Does this address your concerns?

Because you're wrong. Actual legal experts briefed the jury on the law. The jury came back with their verdict based on their instructions.

You've shown no evidence of understanding the law at all.

Does this address your concerns?

So you just do not want to answer any of my questions because I am wrong. Have fun not getting any more replies fro me.

Exactly how is banning stun guns a violation of the Second Amendment? They are not firearms used by a well-regulated malitia. Police used them to control BLM riots in 2020. Violating the Second Amendment would be banning the use of real guns, not tasers.
the idiotic NY ban on nunchaku was struck down based on the second amendment. An Oregon ban on automatic knives was struck down by the Oregon courts using the state's second amendment provision.

Arms are deadly weapons. The Second Amendment clearly does not apply to stun guns.
what supports this idiotic comment. Arms can be completely lethal, sometimes lethal or partially lethal. Clubs for example

"For the security of a free state, a well-regulated malitia . . ." Tell me how stun guns, pepper spray, and mace are all used in the military to secure a free state.
so you are saying select fire automatic weapons or belt fed machine guns are protected by the second?

The First Amendment begins with free speech, followed by free press. All you need is the ability to communicate - whether you do it by talking, signing, writing, typing, or tapping.

Likewise the 2A doesn't specify the physics of how an armament might work.

Likewise the 2A doesn't specify the physics of how an armament might work.

It was very badly written if the purpose of including "a well-regulated malitia" had everything to do with police and nothing to do with the military.

It was very badly written if the purpose of including "a well-regulated malitia" had everything to do with police and nothing to do with the military.
you constantly misspell "militia"

is there some reason for this? what part of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" causes you so many comprehension problems?

It had nothing to do with either

The people who wrote it, were speaking about a militia, and imparted an erroneous value upon it.

So you just do not want to answer any of my questions because I am wrong. Have fun not getting any more replies fro me.
The answer is that you are wrong. If the only answer you consider to be a real answer is to agree with you, you're going to be here a while.

Back
Top Bottom