• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge removes 'birther' elements from Army doc's court martial

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
(CNN) -- A judge on Thursday denied a request for President Barack Obama to testify at a court martial for a U.S. Army flight surgeon who refused to deploy to Afghanistan until he saw proof that Obama was born in the United States.

The judge, Army Col. Denise Lind, said any evidence or witnesses related to Obama's citizenship is irrelevant to the charges against Lt. Col. Terrence Lakin, who has 17 years of service in the U.S. military.

Good, because the issue here is that Col. Lakin refused to obey a lawful order and deploy. Very simple issue, very simple case, and hopefully a very simple punishment of prison and dishonorable discharge.

Once more - Where is proof of your birth, Obama? It's right here:

t1larg.obama.newspaper.jpg

Article is here.

I hope the military throws the book at him. With 17 years of service in the military he should know better than to try to use some wacko conspiracy bull**** to get out of deploying and he should have been setting an example for all of those he outranks.

I'm happy to see he's getting court-martial. Hopefully the jury will burn him. I'm surprised though as higher ups usually get a slap on the wrist.

I hope the military throws the book at him. With 17 years of service in the military he should know better than to try to use some wacko conspiracy bull**** to get out of deploying and he should have been setting an example for all of those he outranks.

Some of these old-timers sure seem to be terrified of going to Afghanistan; that psycho who shot all the people at Ft Hood was having the same issue, facing an Afghanistan deployment and desperate to get out of it.
It's strange, he claimed he didn't have any problem going to Iraq, just didn't want to go to Afghanistan.
At the peak of the fighting in Iraq in 2007, the casualty rate was much higher than it currently is in Afghanistan.
I wonder what these guys are so scared of? Discomfort? Primitive conditions? :shrug:

I'm happy to see he's getting court-martial. Hopefully the jury will burn him. I'm surprised though as higher ups usually get a slap on the wrist.

Maybe it's because of the media attention.

Some of these old-timers sure seem to be terrified of going to Afghanistan; that psycho who shot all the people at Ft Hood was having the same issue, facing an Afghanistan deployment and desperate to get out of it.
It's strange, he claimed he didn't have any problem going to Iraq, just didn't want to go to Afghanistan.
At the peak of the fighting in Iraq in 2007, the casualty rate was much higher than it currently is in Afghanistan.
I wonder what these guys are so scared of? Discomfort? Primitive conditions? :shrug:

The soldiers in both cases are POGs(pronounced pōg, an acronym for persons other than grunt, not a combat soldier,specifically not a infantry soldier. Civilians in soldiers clothing). They are not the ones doing patrols, on guard duty, heck they are such pogs they make regular pogs the line mechanics, scouts, not look like pogs. So you are probably right about them worrying about living in primitive living conditions or at least not having all their luxuries of home.

Good, because the issue here is that Col. Lakin refused to obey a lawful order and deploy. Very simple issue, very simple case, and hopefully a very simple punishment of prison and dishonorable discharge.

Once more - Where is proof of your birth, Obama? It's right here:

t1larg.obama.newspaper.jpg

Article is here.

I do hope you realize that doesn't prove Obama was born in Hawaii.

In fact that 'official' looking document isn't even enough to get a passport.

I am looking at the passport website and it says a birth certificate is valid proof of citizenship, which is one of the things needed to get a passport. And you are right a birth certificate alone is not enough to get a passport. You also need primary identification such as previously issued undamaged passport, Naturalization certificate, Valid Driver's license, government ID(city,state or federal) or military ID. So if Obama used his birth certificate in combination with government ID he could get a pass port. So saying "that 'official' looking document isn't even enough to get a passport" does not any shape or form prove his birth certificate is fake or useless.

First Time Applicants

Last edited:

It was enough for Governor Linda Lingle, and she is a Republican.

Also Obama's birth is documented in 2 Hawaiian Newspapers, in which the announcements were printed the very day he was born.

Obama is a citizen. Period. Everything else is just conspiracy theories which deserve their place alongside Bigfoot, invaders from outer space, and Bush doing the World Trade Center.

Also Obama's birth is documented in 2 Hawaiian Newspapers, in which the announcements were printed the very day he was born.

Obama is a citizen. Period. Everything else is just conspiracy theories which deserve their place alongside Bigfoot, invaders from outer space, and Bush doing the World Trade Center.

Hey don't forget the the blackman was credited with the creation of peanut butter to help with racial harmony conspiracy.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/consp...blackman-order-facilitate-racial-harmony.html

I have no sympathy for this individual but I find it rather calous of you to not feel any empathy for those who don't want to be redeployed but go out of a sense of duty. You really need to put yourself in the shoes of these men and women that have and are being redeployed to bum **** Egypt over and over again. I'm not sure if i could keep my sanity.

You can't talk sense into these people danarhea. Even if he had witnessed the birth he would probably deny it.

I have no sympathy for this individual but I find it rather calous of you to not feel any empathy for those who don't want to be redeployed but go out of a sense of duty. You really need to put yourself in the shoes of these men and women that have and are being redeployed to bum **** Egypt over and over again. I'm not sure if i could keep my sanity.

The fort hood shooter was not "redeploying"; he'd never been deployed before. He was terrified of going even once.
My son is slated to deploy to Afghanistan for the first time in the near future; I can assure you, it's something I've thought about.
That's why I'm wondering: why is the thought of deploying to Afghanistan so much more objectionable to these old-timers than Iraq was? The casualty rate isn't worse. What's so terrible over there?
I don't recall anyone pulling such bizarre stunts to avoid deployment to Iraq, even at the height of the fighting and no matter how many times they'd previously been deployed.

Last edited:
The fort hood shooter was not "redeploying"; he'd never been deployed before. He was terrified of going even once.
My son is slated to deploy to Afghanistan for the first time in the near future; I can assure you, it's something I've thought about.
That's why I'm wondering: why is the thought of deploying to Afghanistan so much more objectionable to these old-timers than Iraq was? The casualty rate isn't worse. What's so terrible over there?
I don't recall anyone pulling such bizarre stunts to avoid deployment to Iraq, even at the height of the fighting and no matter how many times they'd previously been deployed.

I know of a rocker that is a right wing republican and a gung ho war monger that **** his pants and didn't bath for a couple of weeks to avoid the Vietnam draft. Any idea who that is? If I ever run into this phony piece of excrement I guarantee you I will deck his sorry ass.

I know of a rocker that is a right wing republican and a gung ho war monger that **** his pants and didn't bath for a couple of weeks to avoid the Vietnam draft. Any idea who that is? If I ever run into this phony piece of excrement I guarantee you I will deck his sorry ass.

I disagree with the Vietnam war, and also with drafts in general.
It's a different story when you've voluntarily enlisted and taken advantage of training, bonuses, and other benefits. When you enlist during wartime, you will be deployed. That's pretty predictable. Don't want to deploy? Don't enlist.

Vietnam was a whole 'nother story.
Members of my family were actively helping guys like the one in your story avoid the draft during that era, and I'm proud of them for doing so.
Equally proud of my grandfather, an air force colonel who died in Vietnam.

The thing that these idiots don't realize is even if he were born overseas he would still be a Natural Born Citizen because his mother is an American citizen. I know from experience having two kids born abroad to a foreign mother. I'm American and they're Natural Born Citizens despite never stepping foot in the states.

The thing that these idiots don't realize is even if he were born overseas he would still be a Natural Born Citizen because his mother is an American citizen. I know from experience having two kids born abroad to a foreign mother. I'm American and they're Natural Born Citizens despite never stepping foot in the states.

Actually, at the time of Obama's birth, there was some obscure and now-defunct law which stated that if his mother was under the age of 21 at the time of his birth (which she was), then she does not, by law, automatically confer citizenship upon any children she gave birth to outside the borders of the US. That's what the birthers are clinging to. His mother's age.
Isn't that nutty? :lol:

Last edited:
I didn't know that. It's still stupid. There is a laundry list of reasons why Obama sucks as did Bush and the past few administrations. Bitching about this non-issue is just another distraction.

Why would someone spend over 3 million dollars out of their own pocket in legal fee's to fight having to show what should be a required document to run for President?

Just ask yourself that. Why not just show it. That doesn't cost one cent.

Why put out an incomplete document that doesn't prove anything.

Obama's own grandmother said she witnessed his birth in Kenya.

He fights to hide his birth certificate.

It's just very suspicious behavior. I never put much stock in this until I learned that he would spend so much of his own money to fight showing it.

Why would someone spend over 3 million dollars out of their own pocket in legal fee's to fight having to show what should be a required document to run for President?

It's just very suspicious behavior. I never put much stock in this until I learned that he would spend so much of his own money to fight showing it.

The document you see posted here is proof in a court of law that he's a natural born US citizen. If you were born and Hawaii and asked the state of Hawaii for a birth certificate, that is what they would give you. He showed you his birth certificate. I'm sorry you don't understand that, but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to help you.

You've never in your life questioned whether a president was a legitimate US citizen. Except this one time, when a brown man with a funny name is president. Why do you suppose that is? if Ronald Reagan had shown you that document, you would have accepted it without question.

Conspiracy Theories

The document you see posted here is proof in a court of law that he's a natural born US citizen. If you were born and Hawaii and asked the state of Hawaii for a birth certificate, that is what they would give you. He showed you his birth certificate. I'm sorry you don't understand that, but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to help you.

You've never in your life questioned whether a president was a legitimate US citizen. Except this one time, when a brown man with a funny name is president. Why do you suppose that is? if Ronald Reagan had shown you that document, you would have accepted it without question.

This is what cracks me up. The birthers make up some bull **** that a man with money and connections would resort to a ****ty photoshop job. Not he could have bribed doctors at a hospital in Hawaii for a birth certificate. Not he could have ink washed(a very popular method for counterfeiting money and forging checks) a actual birth certificate and stuck his and his parents name on it. Not even a he paid someone to steal a blank birth certificate, typed in the required info and borrowed a notary stamp. Instead of any of those more efficiant methods of producing an infallible fake these birther nuts are making the claim he got a ****ty photoshop done to produce a fake.

This is what cracks me up. The birthers make up some bull **** that a man with money and connections would resort to a ****ty photoshop job. Not he could have bribed doctors at a hospital in Hawaii for a birth certificate. Not he could have ink washed(a very popular method for counterfeiting money and forging checks) a actual birth certificate and stuck his and his parents name on it. Not even a he paid someone to steal a blank birth certificate, typed in the required info and borrowed a notary stamp. Instead of any of those more efficiant methods of producing an infallible fake these birther nuts are making the claim he got a ****ty photoshop done to produce a fake.

James, you surprise me occasionally.
That's a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom