• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge removes 'birther' elements from Army doc's court martial

James, you surprise me occasionally.
That's a good thing.

It wasn't right when the die hard Bush bashers made up all kinds of lies about Bush like he lied for war, stole the elections, went AWOL, is dictator,Bush masterminded 9-11 and other nonsense and its not right when the die hard Obama bashers make up lies that he was born in Kenya and is a closet muslim.

I disagree with the Vietnam war, and also with drafts in general.
It's a different story when you've voluntarily enlisted and taken advantage of training, bonuses, and other benefits. When you enlist during wartime, you will be deployed. That's pretty predictable. Don't want to deploy? Don't enlist.

Vietnam was a whole 'nother story.
Members of my family were actively helping guys like the one in your story avoid the draft during that era, and I'm proud of them for doing so.
Equally proud of my grandfather, an air force colonel who died in Vietnam.

The law's the law. You don't get to invoke the law when it favor's your agenda, then cast it aside when it doesn't.

Those people that evaded the draft during Vietnam--along with those that aided them--don't deserve to live in this country. They're all piece's of ****, just like this officer, who refused to deploy, because of his birfer politics.

The law's the law. You don't get to invoke the law when it favor's your agenda, then cast it aside when it doesn't.

Those people that evaded the draft during Vietnam--along with those that aided them--don't deserve to live in this country. They're all piece's of ****, just like this officer, who refused to deploy, because of his birfer politics.

Sounds like you are a Nam Vet.

I am one year too young to have been drafted for Vietnam. Most of the older boys in my neighborhood had already come home in a flag draped coffin. I watched that God Damned draft lottery on TV for two years straight. I registered with the SS on my 18th birthday. I got 1-H. I asked the man there what the 'H' stood for. He said: "holdover". That was the happiest word I had ever heard in my life.

I had planned to enlist in the Air Force if my number would have come up. I would have been a legacy of sorts following 2 generations of Air Force lifers. My Father, who is ultra conservative advised me not to join the service. I didn't.

That war was wrong and we lost. We lost so much that we don't even like to talk about it all that much. If you were drafted and served in Vietnam, I respect you for your convictions, and your service.

If you want to bash draft dodgers, start with Cheney and Bush. Remember that we were all very young at that time. Some didn't make good decisions.

I hope the military throws the book at him. With 17 years of service in the military he should know better than to try to use some wacko conspiracy bull**** to get out of deploying and he should have been setting an example for all of those he outranks.

you know, james, i don't agree with your politics, but you are one of the most honest posters on this board.

I didn't know that. It's still stupid. There is a laundry list of reasons why Obama sucks as did Bush and the past few administrations. Bitching about this non-issue is just another distraction.
Hmm...

I just thought of an excellent conspiracy theory.

The conspiracy theory(s) about Pres. Obama being born in Kenya, or whatever, is actually fueled by operatives of his, for the purpose of distracting us from the actual issues.

:mrgreen:

Hmm...

I just thought of an excellent conspiracy theory.

The conspiracy theory(s) about Pres. Obama being born in Kenya, or whatever, is actually fueled by operatives of his, for the purpose of distracting us from the actual issues.

:mrgreen:

Nah, Obama could have done better than that. He could have spread the rumor that he was really the son of Adolph Hitler and his wife, Josef Stalin, (Yea, they really were a gay couple - LOL). And when his brother bin Laden came up with the idea of jihad against America, Obama thought that was cool, and so he organized political education classes around it, during his stint a a community organizer, and had Bill Ayers teach them, with Reverend wright leading the Islamic devotions at the classes each day. Then, when Bush did the World Trade Center (He was actually Obama's cousin), Obama thanked him profusely, while proceeding to erect a mosque at the site.

Nah, Obama could have done better than that. He could have spread the rumor that he was really the son of Adolph Hitler and his wife, Josef Stalin, (Yea, they really were a gay couple - LOL). And when his brother bin Laden came up with the idea of jihad against America, Obama thought that was cool, and so he organized political education classes around it, during his stint a a community organizer, and had Bill Ayers teach them, with Reverend wright leading the Islamic devotions at the classes each day. Then, when Bush did the World Trade Center (He was actually Obama's cousin), Obama thanked him profusely, while proceeding to erect a mosque at the site.
You're far better at this than I am.

Why would someone spend over 3 million dollars out of their own pocket in legal fee's to fight having to show what should be a required document to run for President?
I know I shouldn't, but...
Where exactly did you find this figure of $3mil in legal fees?

I do hope you realize that doesn't prove Obama was born in Hawaii.

In fact that 'official' looking document isn't even enough to get a passport.

Sweet, I just won $10!!

I called it: 8-10 posts before a resident birther makes a stupid remark.

Pay up, suckers...

Actually, at the time of Obama's birth, there was some obscure and now-defunct law which stated that if his mother was under the age of 21 at the time of his birth (which she was), then she does not, by law, automatically confer citizenship upon any children she gave birth to outside the borders of the US. That's what the birthers are clinging to. His mother's age.
Isn't that nutty? :lol:
ugh, its worse than nutty.

Good, because the issue here is that Col. Lakin refused to obey a lawful order and deploy. Very simple issue, very simple case, and hopefully a very simple punishment of prison and dishonorable discharge.

Once more - Where is proof of your birth, Obama? It's right here:

t1larg.obama.newspaper.jpg

Article is here.

It doesn't matter where BHO was born, he's still an incompetent.

But is it usual on American Birth certificates to black out the certificate numbers? That's different from what most other countries do,

Personally, I don't care if he was born on Pluto (wait, does Pluto exist anymore?) or next door to where I live - I still don't consider him a good president.

Of course, McCain was an only infinitesimally better option (at least as I judge things).

Damnit.

Personally, I don't care if he was born on Pluto (wait, does Pluto exist anymore?) or next door to where I live - I still don't consider him a good president.

Of course, McCain was an only infinitesimally better option (at least as I judge things).

Damnit.

It's still there, but it's no longer classified as a planet. My children are going to grow up saying there are only 8 planets in the solar system.

I still believe in you, Pluto!

Sounds like you are a Nam Vet.

I am one year too young to have been drafted for Vietnam. Most of the older boys in my neighborhood had already come home in a flag draped coffin. I watched that God Damned draft lottery on TV for two years straight. I registered with the SS on my 18th birthday. I got 1-H. I asked the man there what the 'H' stood for. He said: "holdover". That was the happiest word I had ever heard in my life.

I had planned to enlist in the Air Force if my number would have come up. I would have been a legacy of sorts following 2 generations of Air Force lifers. My Father, who is ultra conservative advised me not to join the service. I didn't.

That war was wrong and we lost. We lost so much that we don't even like to talk about it all that much. If you were drafted and served in Vietnam, I respect you for your convictions, and your service.

If you want to bash draft dodgers, start with Cheney and Bush. Remember that we were all very young at that time. Some didn't make good decisions.

No, I'm not a Vietnam Veteran, but, the law's the law. You don't have the option to invoke the law when it suits your agenda, then cast it aside when it doesn't.

I don't fault anyone for not volunteering to join the service during a time of war. And, surely don't fault anyone for enlisting in a non-combat arms unit during a time of war. However, anyone that doesn't adhere to the law, during a time of war, or in peace time, is a piece of **** and doesn't deserve to be an American.

As far as Bush and Cheney go, Bush served in the military; and regarding Cheney, if you would have qualified for a 4-F classification, it's obvious that you would have jumped on that mother****er like a duck on a june bug, so don't be a hypocrite.

Back
Top Bottom