• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge orders Trump administration to restore CNN reporter Jim Acosta's White House press pass

who said he was obligated?:lamo

its always funny when you make up the most stupid and disconnected claims that show you have no idea about the topic at hand

Sounds like this judge think the president is obligated to speak to the press.

The correct court decision.

The Trump White House is in the process of silencing investigative journalists by holding their press-pass hostage.

Every major media corporation, including FOX News, supported CNN with amicus (friend of the court) briefs.

Investigative journalist? Even Jim Acosta wouldn't call himself that. He is a White House Correspondent.

Clearly the judge agrees with me. It’s literally part of his job. If you can’t understand that then I’m sorry, don’t know what else to tell ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're both wrong.

And why does trump take personal jabs at people? That’s acceptable to you? Sorry but I expect more from the highest office. His behavior was disgusting during that press conference. Again, the judge made the right call. Trump can try again. We all know he will.

Counter jabs. And its about time. we saw how bush experienced many unwarranted public crucifixions and did not bother to respond.

Dan Rather: CBS anchor stands by report that got him fired

Hopefully the fake media will have take one extra moment to get their ducks in a row before catapulting a load of crap.

JA does not display the ability of honest reporting as he has been caught lying on occasion.

"After reports emerged that Trump had visited Scalise at at MedStar Washington Hospital Center on Wednesday, Jim Acosta lied about talking with a White House official, lied about Donald Trump not visiting the Hospital and lied about Donald Trump not going into the room to see the congressman— “WH official on hospital visit: “President Trump did not meet with Scalise and did not go into the room where Scalise is being treated.”

Acosta was quickly corrected by another reporter before deleting his original tweet.

Acosta later had to admit that the lied, once again, and he never spoke to any “White House official.” Then he did like all good leftists do and started blaming his inaccurate tweet on another reporter who sent him an email via press pool.

This underscores once again that Acosta is a far-left activist posing as a journalist.

Acosta is clearly still butt-hurt over President Trumps election and several run-ins with Trump, including when Trump refused to take his question at a January press conference when Trump called CNN “fake news”.

The CNN reporter has proven Trump’s point by deliberately circulating fake news about the president not visiting Scalise in hospital when he did.

Acosta, whose pinned tweet reads, “We are real news Mr. President,” immediately tweeted the false claim about Trump not meeting Scalise because he wanted to make Trump look bad and very few of his followers care that he’s a compulsive liar including CNN.

A cursory check would have confirmed that the claim was false, but Acosta was more concerned about embarrassing Trump than reporting the truth – on the very same day that a hysterical, deranged anti-Trump leftist tried to massacre Republican lawmakers.

Let that sink in."

Sounds like this judge think the president is obligated to speak to the press.

It does? . . . . Please show us where in the ruling where your assumption is rational. . .thanks!

Republicans are all for free speech, until they aren't....

Righties will go all out to protect the 2nd Amendment while they piss on the 1st and the 14th.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/16/jud...orter-jim-acostas-white-house-press-pass.html

Now it is in the WH backyard to devise a process for removing press credentials

Judge criticized WH for their ever changing stories
https://www.thedailybeast.com/cnn-wins-legal-battle-against-trump-over-acostas-press-access

The WH shouldn't bother.

Let the guy back in the room and let him sit. Whoever runs a press event just ignore him.

Maybe he'll eventually go away or maybe CNN will pull him and put someone else in there who will be able to ask questions.

0. also this is a stay in the initial one this isn't a final ruling.
sure he can sit there, but trump can ignore him.

and if he wants to be belligerent during the conferences he can be asked to leave.
that is the better way to take care of acosta.

Yes. In these troubling times, when the media is the enemy of the people, some reporters definitely need to be "taken care of". There is even historical precedent for this:

A brief history of 'Lügenpresse,' the Nazi-era predecessor to Trump's 'Fake News'

A victory for free speech.

And the toddler-in-chief will have his usual mental breakdown.

Gonna be a rough week for him. :lamo

That would be good, but no one's right to free speech was taken away. So, nothing.

And why does trump take personal jabs at people? That’s acceptable to you? Sorry but I expect more from the highest office. His behavior was disgusting during that press conference. Again, the judge made the right call. Trump can try again. We all know he will.

He explains that strategy in his book. In a nutshell, it takes them off their balance and end up hamstringing themselves.

It does? . . . . Please show us where in the ruling where your assumption is rational. . .thanks!

Try again, with a coherent sentence.

This case was the same as what happened 50-60 years ago,

Not sure what you're referring to, but not at all the point.

This was a Trump appointee, and longtime Republican staffer, who decided against the Dear Leader. Word was, that wouldn't happen.

I'm not saying YOU claimed it wouldn't happen, but a lot of others around here did. You simply happened to be the OP on the topic.

Righties will go all out to protect the 2nd Amendment while they piss on the 1st and the 14th.

LOL, yep. Reminds me of handouts. They're all for them when Republicans are the primary beneficiaries, but let some go to "Young bucks and welfare queens" and suddenly it's the lazy takers exploiting the hard working producers.

What questions did Trump not answer? Acosta asked why Trump was calling the caravan an invasion. Trump answered. Acosta started to ask about the Russian investigation, Trump answered that too. Did he have some other question that he asked that I didn't hear?

Trump interrupted the second - the traditional second - question.

It was different when Obama did it, making derogatory comments about the free press?
Fox New's point of view” was “ultimately destructive” to the U.S, Obama's White House Labels Fox News Illegitimate

Yeah, despite our politics, we should ALL expect more from the highest office.

IMO, Jim Acosta should never be called upon again because he's proven he is there only to attack this president with his lame bait questions and constant disruptions.
That said, I believe the ruling should also go in his favor eventually. Let him sit on his hands in future pressers.

But I bet you trump will call on him yet again just to berate him and the cycle will just continue. Oh well. I still think the judge made the right call, even if Acosta will be ignored going forward. You want to argue Acosta was attacking yet when I watch that conference, he was asking questions and the only personal attacks I saw were coming out of trump’s mouth. Acosta could have chosen to engage those personal attacks and attack back but he didn’t. Trump is just a small, infantile man who can’t handle any questions that are critical of him or any questions that make him feel uncomfortable. Trump doesn’t have to like the questions, but the point of a FREE PRESS is to ask whatever question you want. It’s no ones fault that trump can’t handle them.

That would be good, but no one's right to free speech was taken away. So, nothing.

NObody tried to take Acosta's free speech away but I can see how this narrative will be repeated no less than 10 million times by Trump's haters in the coming week....

:coffeepap

All these liberal activist judges make me sick. This is just more deep state resistance against Trump. This judge was appointed by...

*checks notes*

...President Trump.

Never mind.

And as I pointed out:

There's one of those Trump appointees, and former Republican staffers, who can't be trusted when it comes to anything they have to decide concerning their Dear Leader.

Or so I've been told that's how it goes.

So this swings both ways, wouldn't you say?

Clearly the judge agrees with me. It’s literally part of his job. If you can’t understand that then I’m sorry, don’t know what else to tell ya.

It is funny how some people believe Acosta is somehow entitled to a hard pass, because "It’s literally part of his job". If that were the case, there are thousands of journalists that can claim they have to be admitted too, because it's part of their job and their "free speech".

So, is it now that Acosta can never lose his pass, if he still has his job?

Back
Top Bottom