• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge orders special counsel to hand over all interview documents ...

Now MUELLER'S under the microscope: Judge sentencing ex-National Security Advisor Michael Flynn orders special counsel to hand over all interview documents after General claimed FBI pressured him NOT to take a lawyer

Judge Emmet Sullivan ordered the Mueller investigation and the Flynn team to turn over all documents relating to the interview before 3pm Friday.
Because Flynn wasn't in custody the FBI didn't have to advise Flynn of his rights but Sullivan is looking for evidence of coercion.
Sullivan is said to be known for strictly enforcing rules of evidence.

This is a followup to this thread https://www.debatepolitics.com/us-p...sent-during-interview-did-not-warn-false.html from yesterday.

If you weren't under arrest nor charged with a crime at the time of questioning, you don't have to have a lawyer present. You can still refuse to answer any and all questions, but you don't have to have your attorney present during routine questioning where no charges have been filed.

And that's a lie from the House intel committee, like usual.
Comey had to correct the stupid right-wingers on this, under oath because they cherry picked it out last time so that morons would parrot it.

Mr.Comey.
My recollection was -- he was-- the conclusion
of the investigators was he was obviously lying, but they saw none of the normal common indicia of deception: that is, hesitancy to answer, shifting in seat, sweating, all the things that you might associate with someone who is conscious and manifesting that they are being--they're telling falsehoods.There's no doubt he was lying, but that those indicators weren't there.

https://oversight.house.gov/wp-cont...y-interview-transcript-12-7-18_Redacted-1.pdf

Mother****ing House Republicans spreading fake news like the dillholes they are.

Comey changed his story. Looks like Comey should be investigated to see which testimony is a lie.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...aw3UfAZ8xIDflXlsaRs-cuOB&ust=1544829894648859

McCabe also testified that the agents didn't think Flynn was lying.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...aw3UfAZ8xIDflXlsaRs-cuOB&ust=1544829894648859

A former general with forty years of public service, in a country with fifty years of nightly TV police dramas, has almost certainly heard of Miranda. It cannot seriously be claimed that if the special prosecutor didn't tell him he had a right to remain silent that he didn't know about it. A tenth grader would demand it.

Fail to mirandize someone and watch it get kicked out when it goes to court.

So Flynn is now claiming he was pressured NOT to have a lawyer present during the first interview.

Didn't President Obama fire Flynn because he didn't trust him? And didn't Flynn last just 23 days as trump's National Security Advisor?

This is a desperate attempt by Flynn to avoid a hefty jail sentence.

Can't wait for trump's next rant that he never spoke to or met Flynn in his entire life.

Comey changed his story. Looks like Comey should be investigated to see which testimony is a lie.

The House Intelligence Committee on Friday released

Like I said, those dumb-**** House Republicans cherry-picked it to deceive the American public, in an effort to harm the DOJ's ongoing investigation. Comey corrected them, that's why he insisted on the full transcript being released.
HAHAH, outsmarted by Comey?

The only reason they aren't indicted on this is because they have limited immunity if they "act" like they are working in their official capacity.

Like I said, those dumb-**** House Republicans cherry-picked it to deceive the American public, in an effort to harm the DOJ's ongoing investigation. Comey corrected them, that's why he insisted on the full transcript being released.
HAHAH, outsmarted by Comey?

The only reason they aren't indicted on this is because they have limited immunity if they "act" like they are working in their official capacity.

You're only looking at one testimony. You're ignoring the testimony from last year. Doing you're own cherry picking. Comey perjured himself.

You're only looking at one testimony. You're ignoring the testimony from last year. Doing you're own cherry picking. Comey perjured himself.

Don't ****ing tell me what I'm ignoring or not. I corrected your stupid partisan conspiracy theory bull****.
End of discussion.

Flynn lied, and the agents knew it.
Flynn's body language was NOT that of a liar. <_ Republicans ****ers cherry picked this out to deceive the public and give people like you fodder to troll with.

Last edited:
Don't ****ing tell me what I'm ignoring or not. I corrected your stupid partisan conspiracy theory bull****.
End of discussion.

Flynn lied, and the agents knew it.
Flynn's body language was NOT that of a liar. <_ Republicans ****ers cherry picked this out to deceive the public and give people like you fodder to troll with.

You're ignoring the fact that Comey lied under oath.

You're ignoring the fact that Comey lied under oath.

That's a ****ing lie. You can't show his transcript that evidence a lie, because you're lying.

Anyone with a ****ing brain knows that if Comey was evidenced to have lied to Hosue Republicans, they would have had him on perjury by the time he walked out the door. Where is that perjury charge?
*crickets*

Stop lying.

People people.
You need to separate Flynn's offense from what the FBI did that resulted in Flynn's offense.
We'll see if the Judge feels it was at all troubling.
I wonder if anyone who thought it was just defense attorney crapola yesterday ever thought the Judge would want to review the documents.

That's a ****ing lie. You can't show his transcript that evidence a lie, because you're lying.

Anyone with a ****ing brain knows that if Comey was evidenced to have lied to Hosue Republicans, they would have had him on perjury by the time he walked out the door. Where is that perjury charge?
*crickets*

Stop lying.

I've already posted the links to prove it.

I can assure you the judge isn't looking for "any" form of coercion. S/he's looking for information to support the assertion Flynn made, that he was "pushed" to abjure attorney representation during his questioning.

Judges, most especially those presiding over cases having defendants such as Gen. Flynn and matters as straightforward as lying (or not) to investigators, don't insert themselves into the case and look for information to support or refute claims the parties to the case haven't made.

Flynn did not say he was pushed.
His attorney merely offered on-the-record quotes by McCabe in which he appeared to present the requested interview as pro-forma just-between-friends information sharing.
If you read that section of the memo it was pretty clear.
Comey even said that he wouldn't have tried the same approach with a more experienced Administration.

So what's your point? That Flynn didn't lie to investigators?

Maybe you're presenting a due process point that concludes Flynn shouldn't be sentenced? Fine, but that doesn't alter the fact that he lied to federal prosecutors. At best, it affects whether his lie can be used to charge him with criminally culpable behavior.

The FBI investigators themselves said he didn't. Illegally, Mueller hide this from Flynn until after he has financially destroyed Flynn leaving him no choice but to plead guilty. Only after having done so did Mueller comply with what he was required to turn over to Flynn's lawyer on day one.

I have observed there is no denial of rights or illegal conduct the Democratic Party does not support if it serves their agenda. How Nazi of the Democratic Party.

His attorney merely offered on-the-record quotes by McCabe in which he appeared to present the requested interview as pro-forma just-between-friends information sharing.
Comey even said that he wouldn't have tried the same approach with a more experienced Administration.

That's total BS. When arranging the meeting on the phone with Flynn they he was told that they wanted to ask him about some questions about some conversations he had with the Russians and they asked if he would to like to arrange to have the White House Counsel present for it and Flynn said that wouldn't be necessarily. So those two things right there. Russians and do you want to have counsel present would tell him or anybody else with a half a brain that this wasn't a social or get to know you call. This was official FBI business.

I've already posted the links to prove it.

Comey didn't lie. He said the agents said that Flynn didn't exhibit any of the physical cues that that liars often exhibit when in the midst of telling their lies. Like avoiding eye contact, fidgeting and changing posture frequently, changes in voice inflection or tone etc. But they knew that he was lying nonetheless because they already had the answers to questions they asked him and the answers he gave didn't match the ones they had.

Ever hear of Miranda?

Getting interesting, yes, that's true.

The Flynn Entrapment
A court filing shows the ugly tactics employed by James Comey’s FBI.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-flynn-entrapment-11544658915

The Flynn entrapment - Hot Air
https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2018/12/the-flynn-entrapment/

10 hours ago - The FBI agents had seen transcripts of Mr. Flynn's conversations with the Russian ... wsj.com/articles/the-flynn-entrapment-11544658915.

Memo: FBI recommended Michael Flynn not have lawyer present ...
[url]https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/.../memo-fbi-recommended-michael-flynn-not-
...[/URL]
2 days ago - Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe suggested Flynn not have a lawyer present at a bureau interview.

Seem rather odd that Obama's and Comey's FBI had to resort to entrapment on the Trump transition team.
Also seems rather unethical and illegal. Aren't convictions overturned on entrapment?

So much for Comey's squeaky clean boyscout image, yet another lie foisted on the electorate for political advantage.

Getting interesting now that more of the Mueller's and the FBI's malfeasance is coming to light.

Red:
Fine....My "pushed" diction is merely my using the language in the rubric article excerpt found in the OP: "Flynn alleged in a court filling on Tuesday that the FBI pushed him toward having no lawyer present for his January 2017 interview."

The FBI investigators themselves said he didn't.
That’s a lie joko.
Comey in the new transcript clearly states that they obviously knew Flynn was lying. They only said his body language was not that of a liar. And House Republicans cherry picked that last bit to confuse the rubes. Looks like it worked.

Stop repeating those lies.

That’s a lie joko.
Comey in the new transcript clearly states that they obviously knew Flynn was lying. They only said his body language was not that of a liar. And House Republicans cherry picked that last bit to confuse the rubes. Looks like it worked.

Stop repeating those lies.

Comey is an idiot. He went on national TV and bragged about illegally setting up Flynn in a perjury sting operation, using Obama wiretap info based on democrat lies to a FISA court. To hell with these corrupted leftist goons from the Obama era.

I have a couple questions...why would they need a Fisa warrant to listen in on the Russian ambassador?...I thought fisa warrants were only for US citizens.
Do we no longer expect the CIA to listen in on foreign diplomats?
Why would Flynn lie knowing he was being recorded?
Why do some of you want Flynn a decorated military officer with all kinds of national security credentials to be let off for lieing about contacts with foreign agents?

Back
Top Bottom