• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Judge Orders Removal of Evolution Stickers

The bible is based in faith 20 people can read the bible and have 8-12-15 and yes 20 different interpretation of it i.e

Go forth and multiply do you really think JESUS was saying YOU CAN"T WEAR A COMDOM this is what a lot of Catholics thinks!!.

Do you really think JESUS even had any idea what a COMDOM was !!!

IF their even was a JESUS How do you know he was"nt just telling people go and have a good life sure he would expect them to have CHILDREN because he knew they would be having SEX so of course 1 & 1 makes 2 and of course their was no such thing as COMDOM'S

The Jewish people believe their was no JESUS and they were around in that time and in fact it happen on there LAND

So one group says the other is a lier JEWS say ONE thing the catholic Say's another

I personal find it very arrogant for anybody to think they are right

We need a true seperation of church and state your religon should be tought in your home and your CHURCH not our schools

Their are 100's if not 1000' of other exempls I an others can give you!!

And by the way IN GOD WE TRUST SHOULD BE TAKEN OFF OUR MONEY
because most of what the BIBLE DOES SAY is JESUSlove the POOR not the RICH

i.e It's harder for a RICH man to enter the kingdom of heaven than it is to put a THEAD THOUGH A NEEDLE!! ( This may not be perfet word for word but it's close !!been many years )

Freedom69 said:
The bible is based in faith 20 people can read the bible and have 8-12-15 and yes 20 different interpretation of it i.e

Go forth and multiply do you really think JESUS was saying YOU CAN"T WEAR A COMDOM this is what a lot of Catholics thinks!!.

Do you really think JESUS even had any idea what a COMDOM was !!!

IF their even was a JESUS How do you know he was"nt just telling people go and have a good life sure he would expect them to have CHILDREN because he knew they would be having SEX so of course 1 & 1 makes 2 and of course their was no such thing as COMDOM'S

The Jewish people believe their was no JESUS and they were around in that time and in fact it happen on there LAND

So one group says the other is a lier JEWS say ONE thing the catholic Say's another

I personal find it very arrogant for anybody to think they are right

Your observation is correct. 20 people reading the same bible come up with a number of conflicting understandings. It's also quite commonplace for one to read a biblical passage, scratch his head and wonder, "Now, what the hell did that mean?"

The Roman Catholics have an easy time of it. They never have to read the bible. The theological hierarchy in the Vatican takes care if the interpretation for all and instructs the faithful accordingly.

Of course every so often, someone takes exception with the official version, runs off, and organizes his own church.

We need a true seperation of church and state your religon should be tought in your home and your CHURCH not our schools
True. However, this does not preclude cooperation between the two. Faith based organizations have been shown to do a better job of managing social programs than does the government with all its red tape and inherent inefficiencies.

Their are 100's if not 1000' of other exempls I an others can give you!!
Don't be bashful, pour them out.

And by the way IN GOD WE TRUST SHOULD BE TAKEN OFF OUR MONEY
because most of what the BIBLE DOES SAY is JESUSlove the POOR not the RICH
To the best of my knowledge, Christ preached, "Love thy neighbor.", with no mention of economics.

i.e It's harder for a RICH man to enter the kingdom of heaven than it is to put a THEAD THOUGH A NEEDLE!! ( This may not be perfet word for word but it's close !!been many years )
That was His way of saying that the rich should not neglect to be charitable toward the poor.

Fantasea said:
Faith based organizations have been shown to do a better job of managing social programs than does the government with all its red tape and inherent inefficiencies.

Where has this been shown?

argexpat said:
Where has this been shown?
Try this for starters. After that do a search on the words: faith based programs

http://www.cpjustice.org/stories/storyReader$545

Fantasea said:
Try this for starters. After that do a search on the words: faith based programs

http://www.cpjustice.org/stories/storyReader$545

I did a search and found this:

Faith-Based Fudging
How a Bush-promoted Christian prison program fakes success by massaging data.

argexpat said:
I did a search and found this:

Faith-Based Fudging
How a Bush-promoted Christian prison program fakes success by massaging data.
1. I was unable to open this link which is the website of Slate Magazine an ultra liberal piece originating in your neck of the woods. What was their complaint, which is what one would expect from founder and editor Michael Kinsley.

2. There were 82,000 pages of hits. Besides the one you referenced, how many others did you read?

3. You did not rebut the information on the website to which I referred you. Why?

1. I was unable to open this link which is the website of Slate Magazine an ultra liberal piece originating in your neck of the woods. What was their complaint, which is what one would expect from founder and editor Michael Kinsley.

I had no trouble at all. The complaint was plain and simple cherry picking, count the winners and ignore the losers. :spin:

Theory is only something held by the individual as a belief. Fact is only something held by the individual as a belief. I see those here that claim creationism or evolution as fact so they must have imperical evidence in their pocket. I believe in both and don't see a conflict in my thinking. In the last two hundred years man has become taller and longer living in a most notable fashion. This is a fact. It is science that has provided much of this evolution what with better diet and medicine. Still, even in this tiny time frame there have been physical changes in man. Man has evolved.

The Sanhedrin asked Jesus if He was the Messiah and He said, "Yes!" Many miracles have been attributed to Him as you can read in the bible. This book is very old and was written by people with limited communications; surely not television or radio and not even a daily newspaper. We read these accounts today. So, seeing science march on and reading the bible what is one to think:

One will think what they want. That I believe in both science and religion is to me, open minded. A preacher that tells me a scientist is going to hell or a scientist that tells me that a preacher is teaching mythology doesn't know more or less than me. How could he? I have faith; faith in my own reasoning and decision making process. I can weather one side or the other telling me I'm wrong because they may be right. They may be wrong. I am content to look at the dinosaur bones, the rocks, the systems and physics of the universe, the word of God, the miracle of life and say, "I believe what I believe and enjoy other's opinions." Why shouldn't I? I have faith in myself :cool: ~~~

In the last two hundred years man has become taller and longer living in a most notable fashion. This is a fact.
Since WWII the Japanese have gotten quite a bit larger purely as a result of changing diet. It doesn't take 200 years.

Sounds good to me. Can't you imagine if I came back and said it takes 200 years for everything? Don't get me wrong, I don't seek the middle ground and you are quite right that evolution can come quick or slow; through mutation or long term changes. Personally, I think God has done wonders with evolution and of course those who think that is only mythology have their momentary doubts just as I do but then, we are human and consequently have much to think about without absolute evidence. I believe in people believing what they want so long as they don't harm others and I know that doesn't alleviate the "church/state" argument but even if one side or the other of that argument is advanced, I still get to believe what I want just as all here do. Siddartha would approve so why not free people? :cool: ~~~

gordontravels said:
Theory is only something held by the individual as a belief. Fact is only something held by the individual as a belief. I see those here that claim creationism or evolution as fact so they must have imperical evidence in their pocket. I believe in both and don't see a conflict in my thinking. In the last two hundred years man has become taller and longer living in a most notable fashion. This is a fact. It is science that has provided much of this evolution what with better diet and medicine. Still, even in this tiny time frame there have been physical changes in man. Man has evolved.

One will think what they want. That I believe in both science and religion is to me, open minded. A preacher that tells me a scientist is going to hell or a scientist that tells me that a preacher is teaching mythology doesn't know more or less than me. How could he? I have faith; faith in my own reasoning and decision making process. I can weather one side or the other telling me I'm wrong because they may be right. They may be wrong. I am content to look at the dinosaur bones, the rocks, the systems and physics of the universe, the word of God, the miracle of life and say, "I believe what I believe and enjoy other's opinions." Why shouldn't I? I have faith in myself :cool: ~~~

Unfortunately for you, until something else comes along, Evolution is as good as fact. Evolution is a theory taht is based upon so much evidence that is preposterous to say otherwise. To me, your open-mindedness is just a facade to your real beliefs. You want to say to yourself that you can think you are better than everyone by rising above when you are relaly just saying I have faith in both (which ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.).

The fact that evolution is a fact is what is paramount. These Southern counties who try and institute a policy based on religion are wrong as well. This view is not an alternate teaching method, it is a direct influence of religion on government, something prohibited by the constitution and therefore not allowed. The fact that people actually want to limit the teaching of evolution because it is unproven is ludicrous. It is proven time and time again, and Darwain sure as hell was right and there is no evidence contrary to that.

ShamMol said:
Unfortunately for you, until something else comes along, Evolution is as good as fact. Evolution is a theory taht is based upon so much evidence that is preposterous to say otherwise. To me, your open-mindedness is just a facade to your real beliefs. You want to say to yourself that you can think you are better than everyone by rising above when you are relaly just saying I have faith in both (which ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.).

The fact that evolution is a fact is what is paramount. These Southern counties who try and institute a policy based on religion are wrong as well. This view is not an alternate teaching method, it is a direct influence of religion on government, something prohibited by the constitution and therefore not allowed. The fact that people actually want to limit the teaching of evolution because it is unproven is ludicrous. It is proven time and time again, and Darwain sure as hell was right and there is no evidence contrary to that.

My you certainly like to interpret for your own ends don't you? Imagine, which you can't, me thinking I am better than (your words) "everyone". Of course you have read a post in a forum and your thought took the evolutionary shortcut of instant understanding. I say I can believe in the Bible and evolution and it really sets you off. You even know why I think the way I do. You are quite the expert but, you should realize you only understand your own thoughts based upon your decisions and not mine. I like to think that I can think yes but, that doesn't mean I don't think you can too. I simply see no conflict in God using evolution in his plan. I also don't think believing in everlasting life is wrong. I also believe in Chixalub. Do you know what I mean now?

I don't say that policy should be based either on evolution or religion. I also don't believe in being politically correct. In a democracy, I believe in the rule of the majority. I believe freedom is what is paramount and in all instances, what should be preserved; fought for if necessary. I believe that if evolution or religion is proven it is proven to the individual such as yourself and me. I think the history and basis for all religions should be taught in school and I think evolution should be taught as well.

So again, if I believe in evolution and believe that it is part of God's plan you think that makes me preposterous. Seems to me the only difference between us, other than both of us having made up our minds, is that you would denigrate my opinion while holding your "facts" up as the only light to be followed. I find it comforting that you won't get your way and I will still be able to be preposterously open minded. Can't really say I am better than "everyone" else but, I'll work on it :cool: ~~~

Fantasea said:
Perhaps you will be kind enough to furnish some of the 'fact' to which you refer.

You seem to be convinced as only one who has 'proof positive' can be. In the event that you cannot produce some facts, what, then, will you do in an effort to buttress your contention?

Incredible proactive post here.:D

Back
Top Bottom