• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge: No Jail for Teens Who Beat 13 yr old to Death

Roadvirus

Heading North
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Two 14-year-old Southern California boys who beat a fellow student in 2019, causing his death, won’t go to jail but must undergo anger management therapy, a judge ruled.

Riverside County Superior Court Judge Roger A. Luebs imposed the therapy as a probation condition before releasing the teenagers to their parents on Thursday, the Riverside Press-Enterprise reported Friday.

On Sept. 16, 2019, the teenagers were videotaped attacking 13-year-old Diego Stolz outside classrooms at Landmark Middle School in Moreno Valley, east of Los Angeles. One boy struck the teenager in the head from behind and he fell, hitting his head against a pillar. The boys then continued punching the boy, who died nine days later from a brain injury.

Teens who beat 13-year-old Moreno Valley classmate to death won’t go to jail, judge rules | KTLA

This nitwit judge needs to be kicked off the bench.

Tell me there is some context that I'm missing here. Because in my view, when you decide to murder someone and go through with it, you go to prison and don't come out.

Tell me there is some context that I'm missing here. Because in my view, when you decide to murder someone and go through with it, you go to prison and don't come out.

These were simply misguided youths who got mad and someone, but had no real understanding that beating someone to death was wrong. To ruin their lives by locking them up until age 21 (a seven year sentence for murder) would interrupt up their lives and freedom. The judge wisely and compassionately decided to give these otherwise nice kids some “anger management” therapy sessions with the hope that they would not claim more victims if they got mad again. Of course, if they get mad and injure or kill again then they might expect to get a bit of a time-out, but until then they should not be punished harshly for their first well documented brutal murder. ;)

Moreno Valley is a complete shithole... it is rampant with gang violence, violence and dirty heat. It is also not just "East of LA".... it is at least 100 miles away. It is the shithole that the millionaires drive through on there way to Palm Springs from Beverly Hills. I have been through there many times.

These were simply misguided youths who got mad and someone, but had no real understanding that beating someone to death was wrong. To ruin their lives by locking them up until age 21 (a seven year sentence for murder) would interrupt up their lives and freedom. The judge wisely and compassionately decided to give these otherwise nice kids some “anger management” therapy sessions with the hope that they would not claim more victims if they got mad again. Of course, if they get mad and injure or kill again then they might expect to get a bit of a time-out, but until then they should not be punished harshly for their first well documented brutal murder. ;)
Such sarcasm...

These kids are Hispanic. Moreno Valley is a gang infested shithole with many illegal aliens as well. Not sure they decided to murder him... but it does not take a genius to know that hitting a person in the head from behind with a solid instrument can cause death. Little kids know this. These Hispanic kids should know this as well.

Moreno Valley is a complete shithole... it is rampant with gang violence, violence and dirty heat. It is also not just "East of LA".... it is at least 100 miles away. It is the shithole that the millionaires drive through on there way to Palm Springs from Beverly Hills. I have been through there many times.
I unfortunately work there. My head is on a swivel 24/7

I unfortunately work there. My head is on a swivel 24/7
I bet. I know it is up the highway a bit but I stopped in Banning to ask for directions to Idyllwild and thought I was going to get killed by some local thugs that kinda descended on me from outside a gas station. We were shitting bricks as I tried to calmly get back to my car and drive my girlfriend off.

These two will go on to have babies.

I'm sure it will be a nurturing home environment for their kids.

They’ll likely reoffend and land in the Big House before the age of 18. If not, the judge made the right call by recommending treatment. Odds are against this though.

There likely were complications, like quick confessions and other due process issues. Juveniles interviewed without parents present technically cannot wave their rights. I’m just guessing here, but a deal may have been to best the state could hope for in a botched investigation.

Back
Top Bottom