• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Judge Mathis weighs in on Zimmerman trial. [W:109]

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Get a load of this.... Judge Mathis decides to comment on the upcoming Zimmerman trial, and he makes it clear right from the beginning, that he has not determined Zimmerman's guilt or innocence, because as a judge, he has to wait until all the evidence and testimony has been submitted before he can do that... Take notice of some of his "facts" and what he chooses to include, and not include in his description of this case.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear I heard all this 2 weeks ago on that BET special...

Anyway, is there anyone here who really thinks Judge Mathis hasn't already ruled on this one?

I'll wait for Barbra Streisand and George Clooney to opine before I make my decision on this case :roll:

Who gives a **** what a TV judge thinks?

Anyway, is there anyone here who really thinks Judge Mathis hasn't already ruled on this one?

A very high percentage of black individuals believe he is guilty. I suspect Mathis is one of them.

On the entire voire dire proceedings, there were quite a few black individuals. There was only one in the whole of them that I truly expect would have been on Zimm's side.

Out of all my black friends, there is only one that believes George was justified. So, I guess it just doesn't surprise me at all.

Get a load of this.... Judge Mathis decides to comment on the upcoming Zimmerman trial, and he makes it clear right from the beginning, that he has not determined Zimmerman's guilt or innocence, because as a judge, he has to wait until all the evidence and testimony has been submitted before he can do that... Take notice of some of his "facts" and what he chooses to include, and not include in his description of this case.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear I heard all this 2 weeks ago on that BET special...

That judge is full of **** and ignorant on the evidence, ignorant on basic concepts that apply to a SD claim

Zero evidence of racial profiling done by Z

Yeah, the judge should comment on his neighbor's arse and stay the **** out of this case

What a loser

That judge is full of **** and ignorant on the evidence, ignorant on basic concepts that apply to a SD claim

Yeah, the judge should comment on his neighbor's arse and stay the **** out of this case

What a loser

I must say that I'm very dissapointed in the man... I really though he would have had more integrity than that... So much for "justice is blind".

You think there was zero evidence of racial profiling?

Not so sure about that. If most of the breakins were by young black men.....do you think he would have been on the lookout for preteen Asian girls?

Frankly, I think folks are getting kinda wadded up over the word "profiling". Police do it all the time. In and of itself, it is not racist.

I think there was clear evidence he was profiled, and as long as he had good information that the break-ins were truly by black males, think a NW person might be so inclined to look for that person.

My problem is what Zimmerman did after he saw Trayvon.

But then again, there are clearluy people out there that profile for racist reasons.

What a loser

Oh, and I forgot to add concerning the "racial profiling" issue... He said this case is about SD laws and racial profiling, but his very own definition of racial profiling completely contradict that assertion. He defined it as an act committed by law enforcement and the last time I checked, Zimmerman was not a cop.

I must say that I'm very dissapointed in the man... I really though he would have had more integrity than that... So much for "justice is blind".

He is not acting as a judge here, he is merely trying to offer what his TV audience wants, defense of someone that looks like Obama's son might have. Note that his brief mention of "some kind of altercation occured" (felony assault/battery?) yet blows off any mention of the sole recipient of any "altercation" injuries, thus making self defense seem like an afterthought excuse with "racial profiling" being the "clear" motive. What a moron.

Oh, and I forgot to add concerning the "racial profiling" issue... He said this case is about SD laws and racial profiling, but his very own definition of racial profiling completely contradict that assertion. He defined it as an act committed by law enforcement and the last time I checked, Zimmerman was not a cop.

The dumb ass judge equates NW as in the same category as a cop

What the ignorant judge should know is...Profiling is not illegal when done by a private individual (for whatever reason)

The restrictions are placed on cops who aren't allowed to make their findings based on factors such as race.

Z was not on NW patrol duty and even if he was, Z still had a right to defend himself

Who is Judge Mathis and what happened to Judge Nelson?

God forbid someone other than a white person comment about this case.

It does seem odd that a whole thread is devoted to someone I never heard of and who has no connection to the case.

God forbid someone other than a white person comment about this case.

What took you so long? I figured one of you would have pulled the race card back on page one. It still doesn't make it any less despicable...

But hey, when you have nothing I guess the race card will do in a pinch, right?

Not so sure about that. If most of the breakins were by young black men.....do you think he would have been on the lookout for preteen Asian girls?

Frankly, I think folks are getting kinda wadded up over the word "profiling". Police do it all the time. In and of itself, it is not racist. Sadly, Trayvon had that negative hoodie on that made him look sinister.

I think there was clear evidence he was profiled, and as long as he had good information that the break-ins were truly by black males, think a NW person might be so inclined to look for that person.

But then again, there are clearluy people out there that profile for racist reasons.

As I understand "profiling" is only illegal when done Government Employees and not private individuals. Dictionaries definitions are always helpful.
Who is Mathis??

Last edited:

Frankly, I think folks are getting kinda wadded up over the word "profiling". Police do it all the time. In and of itself, it is not racist.

Wrong and you are making inaccurate comments...aka making up stuff or ****

Z didn't report M because of his race.

Think before posting....fools broadcast their foolishness.

Wrong and you are making inaccurate comments...aka making up stuff or ****

Z didn't report M because of his race.

Think before posting....fools broadcast their foolishness.

I never said that he reported because of his race.

You did. Not my words. Your words.

Why do you consistently misconstrue what others are saying?

I never said that he reported because of his race.

You did. Not my words. Your words.

Why do you consistently misconstrue what others are saying?

Why did Z report M?

... and stick with the evidence

Why did Z report M?

... and stick with the evidence

https://216.58.158.174/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/audio_interview_0229_1.mp3

Serino: OK, I wasn’t privy to that, but if you guys continue Neighborhood Watch, um, typically speaking at nighttime, um, the garb is black on black on black, with a black hoodie. Now this guy had a dark grey hoodie. It was dark, but his pants were beige. Not quite your, you know, your prime suspect type. But, um, I listened to the phone call that you made to the non-emergency line. OK. You sound…well tell me what was going through your head at the time.
Zimmerman: Well, um, 2 or 3 weeks prior to that I’d seen somebody looking in the window of the house that he was in front of.
Serino: Was he white or black?
Zimmerman: Black.
Serino: OK.
Zimmerman: And the guy that lives there I know, he’s active in the neighborhood watch and he’s Caucasian.
Serino: OK.

George Zimmerman reported Trayvon Martin to police because he was black. He spotted another black male in the area two or three weeks prior to the shooting. As you can hear on the tape, Serino noted the hoodie (grey) and the pants (beige) do not fit the profile of someone burglarizing homes at night. It is black on black on black clothing, not grey on beige.

Trayvon Martin case: Frank Taaffe justified racial profiling that may have killed Trayvon Martin | theGrio

One of Zimmerman’s few supporters, Taaffe is a solid man of middle age who stands at about six feet tall. While imposing, Taaffe maintains a youthful air with a cleanly cropped goatee and buoyant spirit. In speaking to theGrio, Taaffe praised Zimmerman for his willingness to serve their besieged hamlet. This willingness seemed to overshadow the repercussions of Zimmerman’s reckless actions.

“He stepped up and said, ‘I’ve got this guys. I’ll take care of the community,’” Taaffe said of Zimmerman choosing to oversee security at the complex. “At that point, nobody gave him any argument, because it required daily patrols at night, on your own volition, taken out of your time. Heat, cold, rain, whatever the case is. George stepped up to the plate. And we as residents found that to be very admirable.”

Taaffe came to know Zimmerman intimately while acting as a watch block captain under George, who was captain of the neighborhood watch. Taaffe claims he saw the real Zimmerman — and that he is not a racist.

“He went around and did introduce himself to a few of the neighbors,” Frank remembered about his buddy, “As a matter of fact, there’s an African-American couple that lives next door to me that he introduced himself [to], and they didn’t find him racist at all.”

Taaffe trailed off before alluding to Trayvon’s “suspicious” appearance — then took up the subject directly.

“What if it was your neighborhood? And you had been phased by all the criminal activities that had transpired in your neighborhood?,” Taaffe elaborated, “and after eight burglaries — and they were all [done] by the same group of individuals, young black males, documented, that perpetrated these crimes — how would you feel if somebody walked through your neighborhood that more or less was within that scope? Would you not confront them and say, ‘Hey, what’s going on? Where are you going? What’s up?’ I know I would do the same thing. And I have done it.”

Back
Top Bottom