• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Judge Mathis weighs in on Zimmerman trial. [W:109]

He NEVER turned and looked at his mother or family during the voir dire hearings.

Since that was the first time his mother appeared in public I found that odd.
:doh:doh:doh:doh:doh
You find everything he does as odd.
Had he turned to his mother and smiled, or chuckled at something she said, you would be here saying he was smirking and shouldn't be showing he is in a jovial mood. Etc...

I agree.

Just look at the dad's tactics, and the book he wrote. They like to spin this as nothing but poor white people being ganged up on by racially motivated minority group. They attack and delegitimize the black minorities supporting the trial, but no other race doing the same. All the other races supporting this trial get a free pass by them.

Its pathetic and its obvious that some people want this to be a race issue, and want the community further divided on race.

Their tactic, aware of it it not is to make this and see this as a race issue. Then delegitimize the black people.... Eww, who wants to be on the same side as them. They argue, the black people only see skin color, not facts.

Grim already.accused "the black community" of racism and abandoning MLK on this. He also said black people need to be called out. Then he got pissed and acted like I crossed some line by insisting he tell me why he thinks white people question Zimmerman's story too.

You guys created an entire thread about some obscure black TV judge, filled it with comments about Obama this, black that, "black boys", and then expect people not to notice? How does any of this relate to the case that will have opening statements on Monday in any way, shape, or form?

It only seems to relate to a certain segment of society that operates from bigotry and felt a need to let a little of it out.

I'm happy to let this thread speak for itself and let you guys go back your circle jerk.

Just look at the dad's tactics, and the book he wrote. They like to spin this as nothing but poor white people being ganged up on by racially motivated minority group. They attack and delegitimize the black minorities supporting the trial, but no other race doing the same. All the other races supporting this trial get a free pass by them.
Holy ****!
Tactics?
What his father said is accurate.
Your bias wont let you see that.

If Zimmerman did racially profile Trayvon, that alone doesn't make him guilty of murder. Racial profiling and murder are not the same.

Your post doesn't indicate that you understand that.

It sounds like you're saying: black people think Zimmerman racially profiled a black person, therefore black people think Zimmerman committed murder because they are black.

What about white people supporting the trial? How do you argue their view?

And there are enough evidence to say Zimmerman needs to be questioned more, because his story isn't perfect...

When you start accusing black people of not liking facts, that makes you look pretty bad.

That's correct, I created it... And I don't recall filling it with any Obama this's or black that's...

I created this thread to point out how a popular TV Judge has seemingly made the decision to pass judgment on this case based on Travon Martin's race, rather than the actual facts. He demonstrated this by misstating certain facts and presenting things in a one sided manner that obviously is advocating that Zimmerman should be found guilty of murder.

Another reason I posted it, was because of a discussion I had last week based on the blog post I made and subsequent thread "BET should be ashamed of themselves", where I made the statement that a huge majority of black people in America think Zimmerman is guilty of murder, not based on the facts, but because Martin is black and Zimmerman is not. Judge Mathis's commentary backs up my observations very nicely.

Here, in case you you all missed it back on page 3:

The man states he can't render a conclusion on Zimmerman's guilt or innocence, because he is a judge and that wouldn't be proper, then proceeds to do exactly that. He couldn't have been any more transparent and to top it all off, the man can't even get all the damned facts straight. Here's are the top 10 misstated facts and not so subtle innuendos by the "honorable" Judge Mathis:

1. The case "shines a light on racial profiling and SD laws" - Racial profiling? This case has nothing to do with racial profiling. This is 100% about self defense vs. murder.

2. "Zimmerman was on patrol as a neighborhood watchman" - No he wasn't. He was on his way to the store.

3. "He said he was black and wearing a hoodie" - Zimmerman was asked if he was white, black, or Hispanic. He was unsure and said "he looks black" and then a minute later when he got closer he told the officer "he's a black male". He was also asked Martins description, so he described his pants, top and shoes. He didn't call police and say "there's a suspicious looking hoodie wearing black guy walking down the street".

4. He was told not to follow Martin, but "Zimmerman followed Martin anyway" - There is no evidence to substantiate that. Zimmerman said after the dispatcher said he didn't need him to do that, he said "OK" and no longer followed Martin. Even if he still followed him, the judge failed to point out that was not an order Zimmerman was required to adhere to, and his actions were not illegal and well within his rights as a citizen.

5. On 911 tapes we hear a "no, no", we don't know if that came from Z or M - What was screamed was "help" and possibly "stop", but nowhere did I hear "no, no". Zimmerman said it was him screaming for help, a neighbor said it was zimmerman screaming for help, the police were convinced it was zimmerman screaming for help, Zimmerman's family are convinced it was Z screaming for help, Martin's father after hearing the tape of the screams said that was not his son screaming, and since the FBI determined the screams were impossible to analyze, that's all the available evidence. That doesn't sound as up in the air as the judge made it out to be.

6. Is this a case of "walking while black"... Did he "zoom in on Martin" and follow him because he was a black male wearing a hoodie - For a judge who won't draw a conclusion until all the evidence and testimony has been given, he sure didn't hesitate to speculate. Problem is, he only speculated about how this could be all Zimmerman's fault and he used the race card to do it. He never once speculated that Martin may have acted inappropriately... He never commented about the physical injuries to Z, and lack of injuries to M? He never speculated why Martin decided to confront Z instead of just going home?

7. Racial profiling is a form of discrimination... - More speculation about Zimmerman's motives, yet the judge failed to mention that maybe Martin fit the description of the men who were involved in a series of recent burglaries in the neighborhood, and that may have played a part in why Z called the police.

8. The Judge defines "racial profiling" as an act committed by law enforcement officials - George Zimmerman is not a law enforcement official.

9. Since the SYG laws went in effect in 2005, deaths have "shot up over 200% in Florida" - Instead of standing by "the rule of law" as a judge is supposed to do, now the judge is saying the SYG law is bad, insinuating that even if Z is found not guilty, he's still could be a murderer... just a legal one.

10. Some say Zimmerman's choice for jury trial, rather than SYG hearing gives him "better chance for acquittal" - Implying that the use of this legal strategy might allow him to get away with his crime.

So where were any of the facts or speculation from the judge that didn't make Zimmerman out to be racist, trigger happy child murderer? I sure as hell couldn't find them anywhere, could you? I mean come on... Could the judge have been anymore obvious about his belief that Zimmerman is guilty of murdering Trayvon Martin and did so simply because Martin was black?

Now if you would, find some place real special you can dig a nice deep hole and bury all those racist incinuations... Because to be honest with you, I've had about enough from people like you who point their condescending finger in my direction and label me racist for simply pointing out the plain, simple, unvarnished truth... Now if you've grown attached to those insinuations and feel you just can't part with them, may I suggest you point them in the direction of Judge Mathis where I assure you they will be a much better fit... While your at it, why not do everyone a favor and remind that "officer of the court" that that isn't one of those trick blindfolds that lady justice is wearing... It's real and he of all people shouldn't have to be reminded of that

You think there was zero evidence of racial profiling?

Not so sure about that. If most of the breakins were by young black men.....do you think he would have been on the lookout for preteen Asian girls?

Frankly, I think folks are getting kinda wadded up over the word "profiling". Police do it all the time. In and of itself, it is not racist.

I think there was clear evidence he was profiled, and as long as he had good information that the break-ins were truly by black males, think a NW person might be so inclined to look for that person.

My problem is what Zimmerman did after he saw Trayvon.

But then again, there are clearluy people out there that profile for racist reasons.
Every sentient human on the planet 'profiles' everyday, all day. Why don' t all the 'inner cities' in the country have nice peaceful gardens and walkways and family restaurants and why is it that the chances of watching a White family out for a 'Sunday drive' deciding to visit any inner city are about as good as watching a herd of unicorns eating your tulips in the backyard.

1. Racial profiling is disputed. Arguing that he did racially profile and convincing a jury thst he did, will not automatically warrant a guilty verdict. So even if he thought Trayvon suspicious based on race, and based on the race of previous buglars in the neighborhood; if the defense can show Trayvon attacked, George feared for his life, etc. racially profiling won't matter.

He will be judged on the guilt of murder.

2. Moot point. Doesn't matter and is not relevant. He look the safety of the neighborhood into his own hands when he called the cops, got out of his car and chased.Travon.

3. So what. You're trying to explain his case for him.

4. Wait for the trial. Wait to see all the evidence and the prosecution's case against him..

Not only are you showing your bias, in not having seen all the evidence, but you attack black people of ignorance by failing to operate in your parameter of evidence and fact. Plenty people question Zimmerman's story based on the debris field. That doesn't make us stupid or racist. It just means we want better answers.

5. Obviously, you're more biased than him. It is up in the air according to defense's own expert.

The black guy doesn't look like the biased one with an agenda right now.

Did you form these opinions just because of the color of you skin?

Here, in case you you all missed it back on page 3:

The man states he can't render a conclusion on Zimmerman's guilt or innocence, because he is a judge and that wouldn't be proper, then proceeds to do exactly that. He couldn't have been any more transparent and to top it all off, the man can't even get all the damned facts straight. Here's are the top 10 misstated facts and not so subtle innuendos by the "honorable" Judge Mathis:

1. The case "shines a light on racial profiling and SD laws" - Racial profiling? This case has nothing to do with racial profiling. This is 100% about self defense vs. murder.

2. "Zimmerman was on patrol as a neighborhood watchman" - No he wasn't. He was on his way to the store.

3. "He said he was black and wearing a hoodie" - Zimmerman was asked if he was white, black, or Hispanic. He was unsure and said "he looks black" and then a minute later when he got closer he told the officer "he's a black male". He was also asked Martins description, so he described his pants, top and shoes. He didn't call police and say "there's a suspicious looking hoodie wearing black guy walking down the street".

4. He was told not to follow Martin, but "Zimmerman followed Martin anyway" - There is no evidence to substantiate that. Zimmerman said after the dispatcher said he didn't need him to do that, he said "OK" and no longer followed Martin. Even if he still followed him, the judge failed to point out that was not an order Zimmerman was required to adhere to, and his actions were not illegal and well within his rights as a citizen.

5. On 911 tapes we hear a "no, no", we don't know if that came from Z or M - What was screamed was "help" and possibly "stop", but nowhere did I hear "no, no". Zimmerman said it was him screaming for help, a neighbor said it was zimmerman screaming for help, the police were convinced it was zimmerman screaming for help, Zimmerman's family are convinced it was Z screaming for help, Martin's father after hearing the tape of the screams said that was not his son screaming, and since the FBI determined the screams were impossible to analyze, that's all the available evidence. That doesn't sound as up in the air as the judge made it out to be.

6. Is this a case of "walking while black"... Did he "zoom in on Martin" and follow him because he was a black male wearing a hoodie - For a judge who won't draw a conclusion until all the evidence and testimony has been given, he sure didn't hesitate to speculate. Problem is, he only speculated about how this could be all Zimmerman's fault and he used the race card to do it. He never once speculated that Martin may have acted inappropriately... He never commented about the physical injuries to Z, and lack of injuries to M? He never speculated why Martin decided to confront Z instead of just going home?

7. Racial profiling is a form of discrimination... - More speculation about Zimmerman's motives, yet the judge failed to mention that maybe Martin fit the description of the men who were involved in a series of recent burglaries in the neighborhood, and that may have played a part in why Z called the police.

8. The Judge defines "racial profiling" as an act committed by law enforcement officials - George Zimmerman is not a law enforcement official.

9. Since the SYG laws went in effect in 2005, deaths have "shot up over 200% in Florida" - Instead of standing by "the rule of law" as a judge is supposed to do, now the judge is saying the SYG law is bad, insinuating that even if Z is found not guilty, he's still could be a murderer... just a legal one.

10. Some say Zimmerman's choice for jury trial, rather than SYG hearing gives him "better chance for acquittal" - Implying that the use of this legal strategy might allow him to get away with his crime.

So where were any of the facts or speculation from the judge that didn't make Zimmerman out to be racist, trigger happy child murderer? I sure as hell couldn't find them anywhere, could you? I mean come on... Could the judge have been anymore obvious about his belief that Zimmerman is guilty of murdering Trayvon Martin and did so simply because Martin was black?

Now if you would, find some place real special you can dig a nice deep hole and bury all those racist incinuations... Because to be honest with you, I've had about enough from people like you who point their condescending finger in my direction and label me racist for simply pointing out the plain, simple, unvarnished truth... Now if you've grown attached to those insinuations and feel you just can't part with them, may I suggest you point them in the direction of Judge Mathis where I assure you they will be a much better fit... While your at it, why not do everyone a favor and remind that "officer of the court" that that isn't one of those trick blindfolds that lady justice is wearing... It's real and he of all people shouldn't have to be reminded of that

1. Racial profiling is disputed. Arguing that he did racially profile and convincing a jury thst he did, will not automatically warrant a guilty verdict.
Which goes against what the Federal Government through the FBI has determined.
To even alleged such during trial knowing that, is deceitful, underhanded and despicable.
Anybody supporting such, is likewise.

Absolutely 100% Y-E-S

Race played a major role, making it seem like Trayvon Martin was "up to no good".

IDT race was an issue with GZ or anyone else until the family hired an atty who knew how to work the media to get nationwide attention to case.

Now that race is an issue, I've yet to hear/see any black news reporters or commentators take GZ's account and give it any validity. The judge is one among many.

That being said, I have see a couple who seem to be mostly neutral in their report/comments.

Moderator's Warning:
Address the topic instead of other posters.

LOL...

OMG, eat up that spin...

Did you even watch it?

The black kid is smaller and looks younger. The white kid appears more imposing.

Then...

What are the outtakes? It is edited you know...

Do you have any proof of your claims? Or are you just spinning for damage control?

Do you have any proof of your claims? Or are you just spinning for damage control?
The fact that they did not have "similar clothing" and did not have actors that appeared "about the same age" are two clearly false assertions in the video. It is fair for me to assume other acts of deception were intentional by the producers of that video. For anyone to willingly overlook such fact is beyond my comprehension.

The fact that they did not have "similar clothing" and did not have actors that appeared "about the same age" are two clearly false assertions in the video. It is fair for me to assume other acts of deception were intentional by the producers of that video. For anyone to willingly overlook such fact is beyond my comprehension.

You obviously did not see the video:lol:

In all three videos, all were teenagers +- a few years form each other and all wore similar clothing.

If you believe otherwise, look up the actors names. When you find they are all around the same age, please don't run and hide.

You obviously did not see the video:lol:

In all three videos, all were teenagers +- a few years form each other and all wore similar clothing.

If you believe otherwise, look up the actors names. When you find they are all around the same age, please don't run and hide.
I'm sorry, but we disagree.

The white kid was bigger and more imposing. The black kid was wimpy, and not a perceived threat should an altercation occur. The white kid dressed normally, the black kid wearing very baggy clothes...

You can say they each wore jeans, t-shirt, tennis shoes, and a cap. It's not what they wore, but how they wore them.

What if the white kid wore his clothing baggy and was scrawny, and the black kid work proper fitting clothing, and was larger?

Say what you want. It is clear to me, and many others, that ABC intentionally set it up for perceived bias.

Tell me. Why do you think they didn't use actors of a similar height and build, and identical attire? The easiest experiment to see the effects of a variable means you must make all other variables equal. Only someone biased or intellectually dishonest can say those other variables didn't play a role in people's actions. Because they didn't remove the possibility of the other variables being a factor, this example has no merit.

He thought a teen was suspicious for walking in the rain.... Maybe George thinks all teens have cars or they steal TVs and make their get -away on foot.

Months ago you admitted that Martin would have appeared suspicious to you from a distance for his walking back and forth talking on a phone under his hoodie. Apparently you came to decide you were wrong about that?

Months ago you admitted that Martin would have appeared suspicious to you from a distance for his walking back and forth talking on a phone under his hoodie. Apparently you came to decide you were wrong about that?

I think that he might have appeared suspicious for a minute if he was walking back and forth.. But that's why one has a brain.. He was in a lighted place out of the rain and talking on the phone... wearing light jeans and white shoes at 7 PM.

Read up about George's cheap gun and its recoil.

The Truth About George Zimmerman's Kel Tec PF-9 | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

I think that he might have appeared suspicious for a minute if he was walking back and forth.. But that's why one has a brain.. He was in a lighted place out of the rain and talking on the phone... wearing light jeans and white shoes at 7 PM.

Read up about George's cheap gun and its recoil.

The Truth About George Zimmerman's Kel Tec PF-9 | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

I hope you are mentally prepared to handle it sharon, when the trial is over and you realize that 95% of the irrelevant crap you've posted here, the stuff that you were convinced was meaningfull evidence, was never mentioned at all by the prosecution.

I'm sorry, but we disagree.

The white kid was bigger and more imposing. The black kid was wimpy, and not a perceived threat should an altercation occur. The white kid dressed normally, the black kid wearing very baggy clothes...

You can say they each wore jeans, t-shirt, tennis shoes, and a cap. It's not what they wore, but how they wore them.

What if the white kid wore his clothing baggy and was scrawny, and the black kid work proper fitting clothing, and was larger?

Say what you want. It is clear to me, and many others, that ABC intentionally set it up for perceived bias.

Tell me. Why do you think they didn't use actors of a similar height and build, and identical attire? The easiest experiment to see the effects of a variable means you must make all other variables equal. Only someone biased or intellectually dishonest can say those other variables didn't play a role in people's actions. Because they didn't remove the possibility of the other variables being a factor, this example has no merit.

Of course we disagree. You have a personal interest to keep White Privilege going strong in America, whereas I have an interest to see it removed.

You want to nitpick one video, claim it was all rigged, and for what? That White Privilege does not exist?

Lucky for me, ABC has done many specials on racism. I like how you are focusing on one video, and completely ignore the other two I linked. They even have more current specials on their site.

Of course we disagree. You have a personal interest to keep White Privilege going strong in America, whereas I have an interest to see it removed.

You want to nitpick one video, claim it was all rigged, and for what? That White Privilege does not exist?

Lucky for me, ABC has done many specials on racism. I like how you are focusing on one video, and completely ignore the other two I linked. They even have more current specials on their site.
Wow...

Just wow...

I guess if you wish to ignore the truth, fine.

I will say one more time that if you want to see the correct results for a variable in an experiment, then all other variables must be the same. If you wish to disregard this statement of fact, then fine. I have learned a long time ago that people who refuse to listen to reason, are best ignored.

Goodbye.

Wow...

Just wow...

I guess if you wish to ignore the truth, fine.

I will say one more time that if you want to see the correct results for a variable in an experiment, then all other variables must be the same. If you wish to disregard this statement of fact, then fine. I have learned a long time ago that people who refuse to listen to reason, are best ignored.

Goodbye.

What truth are we talking about here? Why are you so obscure about it?

Real every day life is not some science experiment in a lab with a controlled environment. There were hundreds of unique individuals, all shaped by their own life experiences, in the videos I posted.

Back
Top Bottom