• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Judge halts Trump campaign's mail-voting lawsuit against Pennsylvania

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Judge halts Trump campaign's mail-voting lawsuit against Pennsylvania | TheHill

A federal judge in Pennsylvania on Sunday halted the Trump campaign’s lawsuit against the state over how it sends and counts mail-in ballots.

Nicholas Ranjan of the U.S. District Court in the Western District of Pennsylvania, who was appointed by President Trump, ruled Sunday that Trump’s lawsuit against the secretary of state and 67 county election boards should be put on hold while state court cases about voting move forward, CNN reported.

"After carefully considering the arguments raised by the parties, the Court finds that the appropriate course is abstention, at least for the time being. In other words, the Court will apply the brakes to this lawsuit, and allow the Pennsylvania state courts to weigh in and interpret the state statutes that undergird Plaintiffs' federal- constitutional claims," Ranjan reportedly wrote Sunday.
==========================================
Good.

A federal judge in Pennsylvania on Sunday halted the Trump campaign’s lawsuit against the state over how it sends and counts mail-in ballots.

Nicholas Ranjan of the U.S. District Court in the Western District of Pennsylvania, who was appointed by President Trump, ruled Sunday that Trump’s lawsuit against the secretary of state and 67 county election boards should be put on hold while state court cases about voting move forward, CNN reported.

"After carefully considering the arguments raised by the parties, the Court finds that the appropriate course is abstention, at least for the time being. In other words, the Court will apply the brakes to this lawsuit, and allow the Pennsylvania state courts to weigh in and interpret the state statutes that undergird Plaintiffs' federal- constitutional claims," Ranjan reportedly wrote Sunday.
Good.

IMO if Trump is going to keep making the claims of voter fraud then he needs to show proof for every state he points to. I mean how ironic that he endorsed Florida's mail in ballots, because of course that's where he's registered. They've had almost four years to prove significant fraud and his committee came up with nothing. So it's time for him to put up or shut up.

IMO if Trump is going to keep making the claims of voter fraud then he needs to show proof for every state he points to. I mean how ironic that he endorsed Florida's mail in ballots, because of course that's where he's registered. They've had almost four years to prove significant fraud and his committee came up with nothing. So it's time for him to put up or shut up.

Uh, there is proof in Philadelphia, with convictions.

Come on ... you can do it. How many fraudulent votes were cast? How many fraudulent voters went to prison? You need to provide a citation or people might get the impression you're full of crap.

Good.

Well then that sure cuts down on trump supporters making excuses for him. A trump appointed judge handing it off to the state. States rights over the feds, gotta' love it.

The Trump campaign should hire you into their legal team since they must have obviously missed this.

As Trump would say "It's one guy". :lamo

Also keep in mind Trump's claims (as far back as 2016) are millions of illegal ballots. So where is the proof of those millions?

As Trump would say "It's one guy". :lamo

Also keep in mind Trump's claims (as far back as 2016) are millions of illegal ballots. So where is the proof of those millions?

So, your reply is conflation? Trump claims versus a legal case? Fail.

the party of voter suppression. meanwhile, he votes by mail.

No, I mean pending court case. Quit diverting.

I stand by my comment. Trump has been screaming about voter fraud and rigging as far back as when I was actually a Trump supporter. It's millions you know? He actually put a committee together to show us. You do remember their outcome right?

For every state Trump wants to point to fingers at? Let him prove it or at least give enough evidence that it can be taken as more than some CT crap. One case in PA doesn't cut it.

I stand by my comment. Trump has been screaming about voter fraud and rigging as far back as when I was actually a Trump supporter. It's millions you know? He actually put a committee together to show us. You do remember their outcome right?

For every state Trump wants to point to fingers at? Let him prove it or at least give enough evidence that it can be taken as more than some CT crap. One case in PA doesn't cut it.

Because that isn't the basis for the suit. I would think you could get it together enough to figure that out, apparently not.

Back
Top Bottom