• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge denies Trump’s bid for a stay of subpoena in Manhattan DA’s tax records case

So will we all see his tax returns before or after he is found guilty of campaign finance violations and tax fraud?

As I understand it the ruling was for releasing to the Grand Jury. Neither Congress or the public will see them. Should Vance disclose them he could be in violation of the Grand Jury.

The important thing is that it appears we "might" get an answer to your question after the election.
"The legal battle and grand jury secrecy rules make it unlikely the tax returns will become public before November’s election, where Trump is seeking a second term."

Trump loses bid to delay handover of tax returns to NY prosecutor - Reuters

Just a guess on my part but I suspect that the returns will be released to the public during the last week of October.

Just a guess on my part but I suspect that the returns will be released to the public during the last week of October.
Good.

:)

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

Trump chose not to release the returns but Vance decided that they were needed to properly investigate felonies that he knows Trump committed but just can't seem to prove.

That is not going to be a problem now as Trump has been successfully thwarted from putting himself above the law and thwarted from trying to make himself immune from investigation.

I would imagine copies will be made by dutiful patriots and leaked to the press.

As I understand it the ruling was for releasing to the Grand Jury. Neither Congress or the public will see them. Should Vance disclose them he could be in violation of the Grand Jury.

You're a lot more trusting than I am.

That should make you happy then since you believe nothing is in there right?

I would imagine copies will be made by dutiful patriots and leaked to the press.

He's 100% innocent and his tax records will clear that all up right? So why are so scared that you feel the need to play this sarcstic victim card?

That should make you happy then since you believe nothing is in there right?

That's the thing. All Trump supporters know Trump is a crook...but they just don't care.

Is Vance going to release the returns to the public before or after he gets the conviction?

And for Luce, it is no longer Trump's choice whether or not he releases his returns. Trump chose not to release the returns but Vance decided that they were needed to properly investigate felonies that he knows Trump committed but just can't seem to prove.

That's why you gather evidence...
You are new to this huh..

In Lutherf world, you have to be proven guilty BEFORE one is allowed to investigate.

He's 100% innocent and his tax records will clear that all up right? So why are so scared that you feel the need to play this sarcstic victim card?

Why do you think that your dishonesty, attempting to put words in my mouth, refute or prove anything that I opined on this thread?

In Lutherf world, you have to be proven guilty BEFORE one is allowed to investigate.

I know the game. Had this been travon martin or something luther would be saying he is guilty. It's the same arguments from people who think alike.

They dont actually believe in equal justice. They never have

Why do you think that your dishonesty, attempting to put words in my mouth, refute or prove anything that I opined on this thread?

Either you want his tax returns leaked or your were being sarcastic and don't want his tax returns leaked.

All you are doing here is playing ignorant so as to not have to admit your obvious stance.

You don't need 6 years of tax returns, or even any tax returns, to prove campaign finance fraud. as far as I know Vance hasn't even informed anyone of exactly what he's investigating and it used to be that the American people had the protections of the 4th Amendment. The idea there was that a rogue prosecutor couldn't investigate just to find something to prosecute. There had to be probable cause to start issuing warrants.

These days it's kind of like "some news report said so" is sufficient probable cause to start issuing warrants. That's not the way it's supposed to work.

You don't need 6 years of tax returns, or even any tax returns, to prove campaign finance fraud. as far as I know Vance hasn't even informed anyone of exactly what he's investigating and it used to be that the American people had the protections of the 4th Amendment. The idea there was that a rogue prosecutor couldn't investigate just to find something to prosecute. There had to be probable cause to start issuing warrants.

These days it's kind of like "some news report said so" is sufficient probable cause to start issuing warrants. That's not the way it's supposed to work.

Vance (or any other prosecutor) has NO obligation to inform ANYONE what the grand jury investigating. NONE..

Either you want his tax returns leaked or your were being sarcastic and don't want his tax returns leaked.

All you are doing here is playing ignorant so as to not have to admit your obvious stance.

His followers have fallen on desperate times.

It's hilarious really. I mean how many times did Trump say he'd release the damn things? Of course he always had some excuse as to why it couldn't happen in the moment. So all that bs of "sure I've got no problems releasing them" has led to the courts being tied up with his actually fighting for them to not be released. I'd honestly go look outside if he told me the sun was shining. And I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see it pouring down rain. His followers would claim above the dark clouds the sun really is shining. :shrug:

Looks like gaming the court system to delay and stall is coming to an end.

Judge denies Trump’s bid for a stay of subpoena in Manhattan DA’s tax records case

A federal judge on Friday denied President Donald Trump’s bid to temporarily block a ruling allowing a subpoena for his tax returns and other financial records.

The decision came a day after the judge rejected Trump’s latest attempt to stop the Manhattan District Attorney’s office from enforcing a subpoena issued to his accounting firm.​

that will be appealed as well and will be granted by a higher court since this judge can't seem to do his damn job.

that will be appealed as well and will be granted by a higher court since this judge can't seem to do his damn job.

Because you know the judges job better amirite? :lol:

Sounds like you are saying no one in the history of America has ever had their taxes investigated. :lol:

Not trusting, it is the law. Not that they would follow the law.

And that is precisely what I implied above in my post, isn't it?

More dishonesty from you, attempting to put words in my mouth. If you really want to know why I wrote the above statement in my post why not ask?
You're not very good at this but alas, carry on if it makes your day with the fails.

More dishonesty from you, attempting to put words in my mouth. If you really want to know why I wrote the above statement in my post why not ask?
You're not very good at this but alas, carry on if it makes your day with the fails.

Sure thing...

Explain away will ya?

Back
Top Bottom