• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge denies Trump’s bid for a stay of subpoena in Manhattan DA’s tax records case

Sounds like you are saying no one in the history of America has ever had their taxes investigated. :lol:

There is an IRS to handle those investigations.

You don't need 6 years of tax returns, or even any tax returns, to prove campaign finance fraud. as far as I know Vance hasn't even informed anyone of exactly what he's investigating and it used to be that the American people had the protections of the 4th Amendment. The idea there was that a rogue prosecutor couldn't investigate just to find something to prosecute. There had to be probable cause to start issuing warrants.

These days it's kind of like "some news report said so" is sufficient probable cause to start issuing warrants. That's not the way it's supposed to work.

What part of this goes beyond campaign finance fraud dont you grasp?
You have nothing. Stop wasting peoples time with your ignorance

I would imagine copies will be made by dutiful patriots and leaked to the press.

Seriously doubt it, but if that did happen it would be a fait accompli.

That is not going to be a problem now as Trump has been successfully thwarted from putting himself above the law and thwarted from trying to make himself immune from investigation.

Wouldn't break out the champagne quite yet. There's still more motions to go. How many? I couldn't say. We could be near the end; we could be nowhere near the end.

Because you know the judges job better amirite? :lol:

Don't be surprised if SCOTUS kicks this back down to the lower courts AGAIN.

Despite handing Democrats a whole bunch of symbolic victories, the SC has been handing Trump all the practical ones. Trump's entire purpose was to use the courts as a delaying action, and by golly that's what he's doing.

Last edited:
Who's in charge of the IRS currently?
Take your time trying to follow that

Yeah. I'm quite sure that Trump has managed to turn the entire IRS to his side just like he has the FBI, CIA, DoJ and every other agency. Heck, since he took office tehre hasn't been one single person in government that has opposed him on anything.:lamo

Sure thing...

Explain away will ya?

What's to explain? If you can't comprehend English, it's not my responsibility to teach you.

Why would NY nine years of his taxes, back to 2011, anyway? Sounds like they're fishing.

Last edited:

Still sounds like you are saying no one in the history of America has ever had their taxes investigated. :lol:

What's to explain? If you can't comprehend English, it's not my responsibility to teach you.

That's exactly what I thought you'd do. You asked me to ask you to expand on it. I did and you run away. Talk about some real dishonesty.

And you say I'm bad at this? :lol:

515d9193a60e2783db573690b1c5ff1d.jpg

Denied... Time is running out

Yeah. I'm quite sure that Trump has managed to turn the entire IRS to his side just like he has the FBI, CIA, DoJ and every other agency. Heck, since he took office tehre hasn't been one single person in government that has opposed him on anything.:lamo

He appointed the head and what do you thi I that head can do just like barr does...

You cant be this naive

My understanding is that this investigation is about Trump claiming his $150,000 payment to Stormy Daniels to keep quiet about her affair with Trump as a business deduction.

Can anyone confirm that?

Sorry, never mind. Thanks, Google:

A New York prosecutor trying to access Donald Trump’s tax returns told a judge on Monday that he was justified in demanding them, citing public reports of “extensive and protracted criminal conduct at the Trump Organization”.
Trump’s lawyers last month said the grand jury subpoena for the tax returns was issued in bad faith and amounted to harassment of the president.

Trump’s taxes may be released to Manhattan grand jury, supreme court rules
The Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus Vance, is seeking eight years of the Republican president’s personal and corporate tax records, but has disclosed little about what prompted him to request the records, other than part of the investigation relates to payoffs to women to silence them about alleged affairs with Trump in the past.

In a court filing on Monday, though, attorneys for Vance said Trump’s arguments that the subpoena was too broad stemmed from “the false premise” that the investigation was limited to so-called “hush-money” payments.

They said that information confirms the validity of a subpoena seeking evidence related to potentially improper financial transactions by a variety of individuals and entities over a period of years.

They said public reporting demonstrates that at the time the subpoena was issued “there were public allegations of possible criminal activity at Plaintiff’s New York County-based Trump Organization dating back over a decade.”

Oh, this is going to be good fun.

Last edited:
It’s going to be so funny when we find out Trump isn’t a real billionaire.

Also how deep into he is with foreign countries. Oh my god everyone owns a piece of this guy except Americans.

My understanding is that this investigation is about Trump claiming his $150,000 payment to Stormy Daniels to keep quiet about her affair with Trump as a business deduction.

Can anyone confirm that?

Sorry, never mind. Thanks, Google:

Oh, this is going to be good fun.

Only the grand jury and prosecutor know what the grand jury is investigating. That information is covered under grand jury secrecy. Any target of the grand jury is not entitled to know what the grand jury is investigating.

So will we all see his tax returns before or after he is found guilty of campaign finance violations and tax fraud?

He won't be tried. We'll just see his tax retirns, unless there's nothing to see. This is nothing but a ploy to leak the returns to the media; look for an uncrossed "t", or an undotted "i", or a mistake that doesn't comply with some obscure rule buried deep in the tax code that caused Trump to not pay $148.67.

It’s going to be so funny when we find out Trump isn’t a real billionaire.

Also how deep into he is with foreign countries. Oh my god everyone owns a piece of this guy except Americans.

Leaking the tax returns violate Federal law, but at least you're honest about this being a ploy to leak his returns to the media.

Leaking the tax returns violate Federal law, but at least you're honest about this being a ploy to leak his returns to the media.

Oh, I thoroughly hope his taxes are leaked. I fully expect them to be.

#DeepStateNeverForgets #YouCantStopWhatsComing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, I thoroughly hope his taxes are leaked. I fully expect them to be.

#DeepStateNeverForgets #YouCantStopWhatsComing

You hope they violate Federal law? Hypocritical much?

You hope they violate Federal law? Hypocritical much?

How do you know I haven’t been supportive of Trump’s breaches of federal law during the last 3+ years? Maybe you’re the hypocrite for supporting those trespasses but now that we can see his taxes and humiliate him, you suddenly care about “law.”

So will we see the returns before or after he is convicted?

Come on Lutherf. try using your head for something other than a MAGA hat rack. What do you think would be the primary facet of grand juries that made it so easy for the judge to rule that the enforcement of the grand jury subpoena would not cause Mr Trump any irreparable harm?

Come on Lutherf. try using your head for something other than a MAGA hat rack. What do you think would be the primary facet of grand juries that made it so easy for the judge to rule that the enforcement of the grand jury subpoena would not cause Mr Trump any irreparable harm?

I don't think that there's any real intent to prosecute or at least no real expectation of a successful prosecution. I think this whole thing is a political ploy with at least some of the intent being to make Trump's tax returns public.

How do you know I haven’t been supportive of Trump’s breaches of federal law during the last 3+ years? Maybe you’re the hypocrite for supporting those trespasses but now that we can see his taxes and humiliate him, you suddenly care about “law.”

Because he hasn't breached Federal law. That's how I know.

The judge is in on the scam.

Because he hasn't breached Federal law. That's how I know.

Of course he has. Repeatedly. He should have been impeached and removed based on the emoluments clause alone. Failing that, his extortion of Ukraine should have generated impeachment, removal, and prosecution.

Having a corrupt AG acting as the president’s personal attorney is a heluva drug.

Of course he has. Repeatedly. He should have been impeached and removed based on the emoluments clause alone. Failing that, his extortion of Ukraine should have generated impeachment, removal, and prosecution.

Having a corrupt AG acting as the president’s personal attorney is a heluva drug.

Post a few examples.

He should have been impeached and removed based on the emoluments clause alone

Evidence?

An AG is a president's wingman. That's how it works. Right?

Back
Top Bottom