• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge Cannon overrules Special Master to once again protect Trump

Indeed. There are two ways to look at the law. One is as a set of rules to govern interrelationships - government to people, between people and organizations, etc. The other is as a process to be used to manipulate others. We can see which is being wielded by whom, here.

"...“It follows that the President of the United States fits comfortably within the statutory description’s plain language,” wrote Judges Calabresi and Nardini, appointed by Clinton and Trump, respectively. “For, as Trump points out in his brief, the President is a government employee in the most basic sense of the term: He renders service to his employer, the United States government, in exchange for a salary and other job-related benefits.”

This is what it looks like when there is no allegiance to the rule of law.
This is judicial activism for one man. There should be an investigation into her behavior after this is over.

Good question. I would hope not, but by the same token, the brainwashed Trump fans hold him in such ridiculously high regard that I don't think any politician who wants a long career can or will publicly admonish the divisive and failed politics of Trump.
Well trump fans are ****ing idiots and the GOP needs to make it clear that he is not the future of the party.
If he runs he will loose again, making it the 3rd time the majority of voters vote against him.

on the flip side the GOP is more productive as the opposition rather than the ruling party. So maybe backing a loser is s good play......

This is judicial activism for one man. There should be an investigation into her behavior after this is over.
A federal judge has been impeached for favoring a litigant, but was not removed from the bench by the Senate.

I know it wasn't your original comment, but how does a judge "tank" their career when they are appointed for life? And perhaps she has no aspirations for the court of appeals, but if she did, all she needs to do is bide her time and wait for another republican presidency that remains beholden to all things Trump.

Maybe just her reputation then, but the point of the meme I posted stands: she's such a trump shill at this point she may as well be on Fox.

Perhaps post #104 offers a possible solution

Maybe just her reputation then, but the point of the meme I posted stands: she's such a trump shill at this point she may as well be on Fox.

Perhaps post #104 offers a possible solution
Agree that impeachment would be the only option but that simply is not going to happen here.
And despite how badly Cannon has screwed up this far, I continue to urge folks not to over estimate what authority/role she will actually play in this saga. She won't be the judge assigned to the case when/if Trump is indicted; she won't be deciding what evidences is admissible or inadmissible, etc.

DOJ, fresh from victories at the 11th circuit and the SC has filed another appeal with the 11th circuit that would basically expunge much of the stink rising out of Judge Cannon's backwater courtroom from the Mar-a-lago materials investigation. There will still be some stink from the sewage Cannon dumped in her initial rulings. But that can be dealt with in due time.

I suspect DOJ feels good about its chances and well they should. There goes your little judicial toy Donnie. That didn't last long now did it.

The thing that is against the law is the fact that Trump removed the documents and began storing them
at his choice of homes.

The degree of classification is not an issue .........under the spying charge that could be another story.

Nonetheless no one own the documents except the government.

Back
Top Bottom