• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge Cannon overrules Special Master to once again protect Trump

Yes, they are.

They want Trump dealt with and the timing suggests they are going after Trump before he can run for office in 2024. With the evidence they have, Trump is going to prison. Judge Cannon is getting disbarred.
Justice Thomas is over that circuit, she won’t be going anywhere unfortunately.

...this particular exercise really matters little because the DOJ is free to continue using the Top Secret material in its criminal and national security investigations.
Well, some of the non-clasisfied documents might be important, too, as evidence of crimes other than violation of the Espionage Act. Personal documents could possibly support a charge of seditious conspiracy, for example.

Justice Thomas is over that circuit, she won’t be going anywhere unfortunately.

If Justice Thomas goes anywhere near this case, it will make him look bad and further soil his already destroyed image.

If Justice Thomas goes anywhere near this case, it will make him look bad and further soil his already destroyed image.
Yup, it will further the already existing SCOTUS legitimacy problem.

I don’t think banning Federalist Society members from office is the solution. Next, it’s the ACLU, and on and in. Tit for tat.

When did the ACLU virtually place anyone on a court?

"Judge" Cannon once again makes a questionable move to protect Trump. It is becoming clearer with every decision she makes that she was put on the court for one reason only, to be there when Trump needed her and she is right there kissing his ass with her decisions. She has apparently been told by Trump and the Federalist Society that Trump should be allowed to continue to lie about the documents and the FBI until his newest lies take hold and he can use them in court. I really wondered how she can live with herself, but then I realized, she is a right wing con with no conscience.

She isn't a judge. She's the lead defense attorney.

It's becoming increasingly obvious "Judge" Cannon is being directed,

October 1, 2022

"...What Cannon appears to have done is with no formal notice of what the deadline was or even that ten plus five was no longer operative, treat Dearie’s September 23 filing as his final action in setting the plan, but along the way use her own five day deadline for complaints instead of the September 27 deadline Dearie gave, which is the only way Trump’s temporal complaint would be timely yet have her order not be days premature.
The next day, with no notice of any new deadline, Cannon issued her order throwing out most of Dearie’s plan. I’ve spent hours and days looking at this, and there’s no making sense of the deadlines. Certainly, this could not have happened if any of Dearie’s deadlines had been treated as valid.
DOJ took a look at what Cannon had done and moved the 11th Circuit to accelerate the review process. The cited a number of reasons for the change in schedule. They described that Cannon sua sponte extended the deadline on the review to December 16.

On September 29, subsequent to the parties’ submission of letters to Judge Dearie, the district court sua sponte issued an order extending the deadline for the special master’s review process to December 16 and making other modifications to the special master’s case management plan, including overruling the special master’s direction to Plaintiff to submit his designations on a rolling basis.
Depending on how you make sense of Cannon’s Calvinball deadlines, it was a sua sponte order, because Trump’s complaint about the deadlines (not to mention his complaints generally) came in after the deadline attached to the Dearie plan that Cannon seems to treat as his final official action.

I think what really happened is that Cannon fired Dearie without firing him in response to being told by the 11th Circuit she had abused her authority, ensuring not only that nothing he decides will receive any consideration, but also ensuring that he has almost no time to perform whatever review role he has been given.

Effectively, Judge Cannon has just punted the entire process out after the existing appeals schedule, at which point — she has made clear — she’ll make her own decisions what government property she’s going to claim Trump owns.

TIMELINE..."​

Well, he was having difficulty finding attorneys that would work for him....

Last edited:
I know it wasn't your original comment, but how does a judge "tank" their career when they are appointed for life? And perhaps she has no aspirations for the court of appeals, but if she did, all she needs to do is bide her time and wait for another republican presidency that remains beholden to all things Trump.

"Judge" Cannon once again makes a questionable move to protect Trump. It is becoming clearer with every decision she makes that she was put on the court for one reason only, to be there when Trump needed her and she is right there kissing his ass with her decisions. She has apparently been told by Trump and the Federalist Society that Trump should be allowed to continue to lie about the documents and the FBI until his newest lies take hold and he can use them in court. I really wondered how she can live with herself, but then I realized, she is a right wing con with no conscience.
Oh, how cute.

Trump's got his own pet judge.

We'll see what the appeals court says about that.

As the young people say, laughing my [posterior] off.

Because a judge makes a ruling favoring Mr. Trump, she must be bad.

But if a judge makes a ruling that favors "President" Biden, then s/he must be good.

Unbelievable!
More like she has made very questionable calls that favored Trump that defied legal logic.

Oh, how cute.

Trump's got his own pet judge.

We'll see what the appeals court says about that.
Obviously Trump has already learned that succeeding in getting a special master appointed, and one that he preferred, is not working out the way he expected. And it is possible the special master will have completed what he was appointed to do by the time the court of appeals even addresses the merits of the appeal. So the issue very likely could be moot.

Further, since Trump cannot and will not offer any actual evidence to support his claims of declassification, the SM is going to treat those documents just as they are marked: classified is classified and top secret is top secret. Trump is going to get nothing out of this other than a delay and even that I don't think will be very long.

I know it wasn't your original comment, but how does a judge "tank" their career when they are appointed for life? And perhaps she has no aspirations for the court of appeals, but if she did, all she needs to do is bide her time and wait for another republican presidency that remains beholden to all things Trump.
If Trump runs and loses again in 2024 do you think the GOP will stick with I'm or his brand of politics?

What kind of dirt do the fake republicans have on Cannon that forces her to make decisions that
have no merit?
She is repaying the debt owed for a job she is not qualified to hold.

Happy wife happy life.......He don't care he has a lifetime gig.

If Trump runs and loses again in 2024 do you think the GOP will stick with I'm or his brand of politics?
Good question. I would hope not, but by the same token, the brainwashed Trump fans hold him in such ridiculously high regard that I don't think any politician who wants a long career can or will publicly admonish the divisive and failed politics of Trump.

As the young people say, laughing my [posterior] off.

Because a judge makes a ruling favoring Mr. Trump, she must be bad.

But if a judge makes a ruling that favors "President" Biden, then s/he must be good.

Unbelievable!
"It's just the normal noises around here!"

LOL ! BS like that gets old...

Last edited:
This is what it looks like when there is no allegiance to the rule of law.

This is what it looks like when there is no allegiance to the rule of law.
Indeed. There are two ways to look at the law. One is as a set of rules to govern interrelationships - government to people, between people and organizations, etc. The other is as a process to be used to manipulate others. We can see which is being wielded by whom, here.

Indeed. There are two ways to look at the law. One is as a set of rules to govern interrelationships - government to people, between people and organizations, etc. The other is as a process to be used to manipulate others. We can see which is being wielded by whom, here.
Judges have been impeached for favoring litigants, but none has ever been removed for it. As a non lawyer, it seems to me that she is really stretching the limits of some of the laws she is deciding. EP for djt? Where did that come from?

Back
Top Bottom