• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge Blocks Ohio PP Law

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Good deal.

Judge Blocks Ohio Law to Divert Planned Parenthood Money - ABC News

A federal judge blocked a state law aimed at diverting public money from Planned Parenthood, saying in a Friday ruling that the group stood to suffer "irreparable injury."

The Ohio law targets the more than $1.4 million in funding that Planned Parenthood gets through the state's health department. That money, mostly from the federal government, supports certain education and prevention programs. The law would bar such funds from going to entities that perform or promote abortions.

The restrictions, which had been slated to take effect in May, were signed by Republican Gov. John Kasich during his failed presidential bid.

Just give tax money to ISIS instead, they do less damage.

:2rofll: :2funny:

Utter nonsense, you may live in a pro-life bubble, the rest of us live in reality and know better.

Doing irreparable injury is the point. PP or any other agenda driven organization should not be funded with taxpayer money.

Jay, you have got to be a pro-aborts best friend. Keep posting your nonsense. It can only help the cause. You should get a podcast going and broadcast that **** nationally.

Doing irreparable injury is the point. PP or any other agenda driven organization should not be funded with taxpayer money.

Right, poor women should not be diagnosed with cervical cancer and should just die. And since STD's are not a public health issue, we should not use any government funding to screen for that either. :roll:

Right, poor women should not be diagnosed with cervical cancer and should just die. And since STD's are not a public health issue, we should not use any government funding to screen for that either. :roll:

PP is not a government agency. It's a private agency and as such needs to be funded privately.

If the items you mentioned are a public health issue, we have a federal department for that.

PP is not a government agency. It's a private agency and as such needs to be funded privately.

If the items you mentioned are a public health issue, we have a federal department for that.

The judge disagrees.

:2rofll: :2funny:

Utter nonsense, you may live in a pro-life bubble, the rest of us live in reality and know better.

By the numbers they do. :shrug:

Bush appointee. Funny how fast you wingies eat your own.

Bush was a neocon. A neocon is like a liberal, but with a weird fetish for war.

I'm aware. Doesn't make it right.

In the grand scheme of things, meaning how government grants and funding go for such matters as private support providing services for the good of public health, this was a good decision. Abortion is a constitutional right as decided in Roe v Wade. Banning a group from participating in the government feeding trough of public funding to provide public services, only because the group is advocating an unpopular legal activity, is discrimination.

In the grand scheme of things, meaning how government grants and funding go for such matters as private support providing services for the good of public health, this was a good decision. Abortion is a constitutional right as decided in Roe v Wade. Banning a group from participating in the government feeding trough of public funding to provide public services for advocating a legal activity is discrimination.

Just because it's legal doesn't mean the government has any obligation to financially support organizations that are practicing it.

Bush was a neocon. A neocon is like a liberal, but with a weird fetish for war.

Funny how that works now. I bet all you all voted for him twice anyway though. Right?

Just because it's legal doesn't mean the government has any obligation to financially support organizations that are practicing it.

It's not Ohio's money. It's federal money that Ohio is unilaterally deciding should not go to a legal group promoting legal services. It's not Ohio's call.

Funny how that works now. I bet all you all voted for him twice anyway though. Right?

I can't speak towards anyone else, but I didn't.

I can't speak towards anyone else, but I didn't.

You're that young? :eek:

You come across as a 60 year old grump. Why is that?

Edit: I quoted what was written there before you changed the wording in your reply

You're that young? :eek:

You come across as a 60 year old grump. Why is that?

Yeah, I have heard that before. I can't say I like it that much, but I guess that's just the way it is. I can't say why that is to be honest. I've always been traditional in my thinking on social matters and my political views have always been out of the mainstream. I started off as a conservative with some pretty strong libertarian leanings and by the time I got to be twenty three whatever conservatives views I had were gone. After that I just kind of continued to drift more and more towards libertarianism until I got to where I am now with a more voluntaryist outlook.

By the numbers they do. :shrug:

Yeah, but not really, only in the minds of pro-lifers, not in the minds of people who do not have that point of view.

:roll: doesn't even come close.

Islamic terror organizations don't kill as many innocent human beings as the scum you support do.

They don't even come close.

Back
Top Bottom