• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge blocks Arkansas' tough new abortion law

that's why we need judges. Why are they wasting their time/money on unconstitutional bills when they have people in their state who need jobs, food, healthcare?

that's why we need judges. Why are they wasting their time/money on unconstitutional bills when they have people in their state who need jobs, food, healthcare?

To make life harder for all of us and decrease our quality of life even further.

I would think that entities that have capabilities above that of your average ordinary animal would be given immediate consideration first but that's not the case here

I guess we'll all just have to see, won't we?

I guess we'll all just have to see, won't we?

There's nothing to see. These laws will continually be destroyed until right wing fanatics get it through their heads that women have the right to choose and always will.

Sure, there's something to see--for example, whether an appellate court reverses this judge's decision.

just like i said in the past

once pushed like other bills, due to RvW and other rights liberties and freedoms this bill will fail and rightfully so, it would be found to be a violation and will fall like the rest.
What a waist of time and money.

While i myself dont think RvW is perfect and i would change it, making it more restrictive and give the ZEF official rights after 21 weeks(viability) people are going to keep trying to infringe on rights and logic until it breaks and they will lose.

Whats going to happen is eventually people will keep pushing this issues and something even more concrete than RvW will happen.

The time line may get bumped a little in one direction or the other but thats it, people are going to push the issue until bills like these cant even be brought to the table.

Sure, there's something to see--for example, whether an appellate court reverses this judge's decision.

Whatever level it ends up being knocked down at doesn't matter. It will be struck down, period.

I don't know why the OP and this judge have decided to lie about our Constitution.

that's why we need judges.

Yeah, until they make a decision you do not like, then they are horrible biased people. Same old same old.

How can a judge say 'it is probably unconstitutional'? Seems pretty whacky.

How can a judge say 'it is probably unconstitutional'? Seems pretty whacky.

She clearly said the law defines viability as something that viability is not.
They want to restrict abortion at 12 weeks gestation when the limit viability (gestation age when more than 50 percent of premies will survive ) is 24 weeks gestation and that has remain unchanged for the last 12 years.

it seems the anti abortion crusaders seem to keep forgetting that there is a judicial branch of government

Sometimes, I think these politician's enact such measures, all the while knowing it will be struck down, just to get some "street cred," amongst their base and voting constituency. Yeah, it might be a waste of taxpayer dollars but just about anything else they do is also a waste of taxpayer dollars, so WTF?

As long as it gets them votes and they get to keep their job screwing the public, all's well that end's well.

it seems the anti abortion crusaders seem to keep forgetting that there is a judicial branch of government

Not at all. We just hope that someday they'll do their job and honor the rule of law.

so when will the anti-abortion crowd accept the ruling of Roe V Wade?

Exactly the sort of dishonorable disgrace I was talking about. No better example of disrespect for the rule of law.

Exactly the sort of dishonorable disgrace I was talking about. No better example of disrespect for the rule of law.

how is Roe V wade a disgrace to the rule of law? the decision was made by the supreme court, the highest court of the land, and yet that is not enough?

how is Roe V wade a disgrace to the rule of law? the decision was made by the supreme court, the highest court of the land, and yet that is not enough?

Gee, I don't know, how can the Supreme Court ignoring the Constitution and making **** up be disgraceful?

It isn't like they're supposed to respect, uphold, and protect it or anything...

Sometimes, I think these politician's enact such measures, all the while knowing it will be struck down, just to get some "street cred," amongst their base and voting constituency. Yeah, it might be a waste of taxpayer dollars but just about anything else they do is also a waste of taxpayer dollars, so WTF?

As long as it gets them votes and they get to keep their job screwing the public, all's well that end's well.

bingo. you got it. And it keeps us distracted from real issues - jobs? infrastructure falling apart? businesses getting huge tax subsidies? Never mind, we'll pass another anti-abortion bill, that will keep the people busy...

She clearly said the law defines viability as something that viability is not.
They want to restrict abortion at 12 weeks gestation when the limit viability (gestation age when more than 50 percent of premies will survive ) is 24 weeks gestation and that has remain unchanged for the last 12 years.

The law can change, as it has since the beginning of man. I doubt, however, those that celebrate this will celebrate the law changing. Clearly the intent was to have the case go to the SCOTUS, which appears to be the way it is heading.

BTW, don't bother to label me on either side of this, just pointing out some simple realities about the hypocrisy of man.

The law can change, as it has since the beginning of man. I doubt, however, those that celebrate this will celebrate the law changing. Clearly the intent was to have the case go to the SCOTUS, which appears to be the way it is heading.

BTW, don't bother to label me on either side of this, just pointing out some simple realities about the hypocrisy of man.

Nobody is under the delusion that Roe v. Wade won't ever be revisited by the S.C. But the "simple reality" is: Roe v. Wade is still in full force. There are 7 states, which want to get the issue before the S.C. But, it's not getting there...as of yet. So they are trying to dishonestly beat the R v W decision by attacking facilities. And it will come back to bite the moral fascists and crusaders in the ass.

I assume there are a lot of people who want a showdown...from both sides. If Roe v. Wade restriction are made harder...or just overturned. Then this nation is sophisticated enough for women to create strategies to have abortions...and they'll be done when any woman is determined to.

If women are forced into be nothing more than chattel...then any damage resulting from an unwanted pregnancy will be societies mess to clean up....if it can be. If a woman dies...then pro-life...won't morn....but that says something about the true hypocrisy.

Nobody is under the delusion that Roe v. Wade won't ever be revisited by the S.C. But the "simple reality" is: Roe v. Wade is still in full force. There are 7 states, which want to get the issue before the S.C. But, it's not getting there...as of yet. So they are trying to dishonestly beat the R v W decision by attacking facilities. And it will come back to bite the moral fascists and crusaders in the ass.

They are just using the same tactics the other side uses, bringing cases, pushing to the SCOTUS, in order to work their agenda to their end goal. That anyone gets worked up about it, or is unable to see what either side is doing when they are doing it, is a reflection of the person complaining about it...

There's nothing to see. These laws will continually be destroyed until right wing fanatics get it through their heads that women have the right to choose and always will.
That one absolutist statement...."Always" will??
Things do change and if I had my way, this one definitely would.

Unless a woman tells another person she is pregnant she is the only one who knows she is pregnant therefore she will always be able to choose if she wants to remain pregnant or have an abortion.

The difference now is that even if it becomes illegal ( which is extremly unlikely as long as the US remains a democracy ) to seek an abortion ,this is the Information Age and there are a lot safer methods for her to end a pregnancy than before Roe vs Wade.

Back
Top Bottom