• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge asks if Flynn's conduct is "treasonous activity"

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/michael-flynn-sentencing/index.html

Judge Emmet Sullivan asked in court today if Michael Flynn's conduct "rises to the level of treasonous activity?"

Prosecutor Brandon Van Grack, speaking for the special counsel's office, said prosecutors did not consider charging Flynn with treason.
===========================================
When asked if Flynn could have been charged with treason, the prosecutor 'wouldn't go there.'

The mess continues...

Judge Sullivan told Flynn his conduct bordered on treason and that Flynn disgusts him.

Judge: Did you realize at the time that lying to the FBI was a crime? Flynn: Yes, your honor.
Judge: Do you wish to change your guilty plea? Flynn: No, your honor.

The judge declared a 30 minute recess so Flynn can make certain he wishes to be sentenced today.

It is highly unusual for a guilty plea agreement to proceed like this.

:popcorn:

Trump is the Puff Daddy of politics. Everyone associated with him either goes to prison, or disappears from the limelight under his supervision.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Judge Emmet Sullivan asked in court today if Michael Flynn's conduct "rises to the level of treasonous activity?"

Prosecutor Brandon Van Grack, speaking for the special counsel's office, said prosecutors did not consider charging Flynn with treason.
When asked if Flynn could have been charged with treason, the prosecutor 'wouldn't go there.'

So much winning!

LOCK HIM UP!

Trump is the Puff Daddy of politics. Everyone associated with him either goes to prison, or disappears from the limelight under his supervision.

Because the Obama seeded Justice Department is full of crooks. Eric Holder openly protected Obama officials from prosecution and was the only AG to have ever been held in contemp of Congress

Keebler elf decided to recuse himself most unwisely

Well...I thought Flynn wouldn't get any jail time. This judge seems to be itching to give him some jail time.

Because the Obama seeded Justice Department is full of crooks. Eric Holder openly protected Obama officials from prosecution and was the only AG to have ever been held in contemp of Congress

Your obsession with a conspiracy is none of my business. Please return when everyone leading the charge (that means the prosecutors, for you folks at home) aren't Republicans.

Your obsession with a conspiracy is none of my business. Please return when everyone leading the charge (that means the prosecutors, for you folks at home) aren't Republicans.

Lol it’s clearly enough of your business you will waste your time responding.

And if you were a Trump admin official who claimed “it’s not my business” you just got indicted by Mueller for lying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Answer that should have been: you are damn right it does rise to that level.

Of course. Conspiracy when the defendant willingly pleaded guilty. Please re-read Post #3.

You should consider staying on topic. This thread isn't about Obama, Holder, nor the "Keebler elf". It's about Michael Flynn and the judge asking if his behavior rises to the level of treason.

Lol it’s clearly enough of your business you will waste your time responding.

And if you were a Trump admin official who claimed “it’s not my business” you just got indicted by Mueller for lying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I respond to obsessive all of the time. If I didn't, there wouldn't be much of anyone on the right to respond to. Their obsessions are not mine to care for, just point out.

That said, no, you will not be getting your wish this Christmas, Flynn is totally ****ed.

Try not lying to the FBI?

Judge Sullivan told Flynn his conduct bordered on treason and that Flynn disgusts him.

Judge: Did you realize at the time that lying to the FBI was a crime? Flynn: Yes, your honor.
Judge: Do you wish to change your guilty plea? Flynn: No, your honor.

The judge declared a 30 minute recess so Flynn can make certain he wishes to be sentenced today.

It is highly unusual for a guilty plea agreement to proceed like this.

:popcorn:

I suspect he wants to make an unmistakably clear record so that Flynn cannot later move to withdraw his guilty plea with any hope of success and try to push some kind of lunatic conspiracy theory at trial. You know...the theory that the usual suspects have been repeating around DP.

History and facts have proved you wrong. Keep whining though....:lamo

which basically means no it doesn't rise to the level of treasonous activity.

Really not the kind of question you want to the judge to be asking the people who are prosecuting you.

I suspect he wants to make an unmistakably clear record so that Flynn cannot later move to withdraw his guilty plea with any hope of success and try to push some kind of lunatic conspiracy theory at trial. You know...the theory that the usual suspects have been repeating around DP.

This is exactly how I see it also. The judge is preempting any "I didn't know" claim on any appeal.

Let us hope Judge Sullivan handles ALL of the Trump crime family future trials.

Let us hope Judge Sullivan handles ALL of the Trump crime family future trials.

Wasn't he the judge who was going to bitch slap Mueller and end all this injustice?

Wasn't he the judge who was going to bitch slap Mueller and end all this injustice?

I guess what he got was 'further information'. Having information can change someone's mind.

Begs the question whether judge even knows what the hell he's talking about ...

@stevenportnoy
Follow Follow @stevenportnoy
More
"I felt terrible about that," Sullivan says, after the prosecutor notes Flynn's conduct as a foreign agent ended in mid-Nov 2016.

"I'm not suggesting he committed treason," Sullivan adds, further apologizing for his remarks in the prior session.

9:44 AM - 18 Dec 2018

Flynn just blinked and asked for his sentence to be delayed so he could sing even louder. If anybody is being bitch slapped here it certainly is not Robert Mueller.

Back
Top Bottom