• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge appears likely to allow January 6-related candidacy challenge against Marjorie Taylor Greene

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Couldn't happen to better insurrection supporter...

"A federal judge signaled Friday that she'll likely allow a group of Georgia voters to move forward with their constitutional challenge against GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, which claims she can't run for reelection because she aided the January 6 insurrectionists.

Federal Judge Amy Totenberg of the Northern District of Georgia said during a lengthy hearing that she has "significant questions and concerns" about a recent ruling in a similar case, which blocked the same challenge against Rep. Madison Cawthorn, a North Carolina Republican.

A group of Georgia voters, backed by a coalition of constitutional scholars and liberal activists, lodged the challenge against Greene last month with state election officials. Greene then filed her own lawsuit in federal court, asking Totenberg to shut down the state-level proceedings."

Last edited:
Wow, this really gives me good vibes. If the GOP won't oust the loons, then at least the people of this country can give it a go.

They have my support!

Couldn't happen to better insurrection supporter...

"A federal judge signaled Friday that she'll likely allow a group of Georgia voters to move forward with their constitutional challenge against GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, which claims she can't run for reelection because she aided the January 6 insurrectionists.

Federal Judge Amy Totenberg of the Northern District of Georgia said during a lengthy hearing that she has "significant questions and concerns" about a recent ruling in a similar case, which blocked the same challenge against Rep. Madison Cawthorn, a North Carolina Republican.

A group of Georgia voters, backed by a coalition of constitutional scholars and liberal activists, lodged the challenge against Greene last month with state election officials. Greene then filed her own lawsuit in federal court, asking Totenberg to shut down the state-level proceedings."

If she lost her job, she'd have much more time to lick putins balls.

Wow, this really gives me good vibes. If the GOP won't oust the loons, then at least the people of this country can give it a go.

They have my support!
just maybe...

Unfortunately it will just add fuel to the crazies fire

Good on Judge Totenberg.

I hope more citizens file such lawsuits.

Back
Top Bottom