• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

JournoList and the Leftist Mentality

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
American Thinker: JournoList and the Leftist Mentality

Replete with examples of what we already knew... an interesting expos-eh of the leftist propaganda machine.

A few of my favorites:
The first is their stifling sense of moral superiority. These people truly believe they are moral paragons...even if they have to cheat, lie, and manipulate to do it... Sara Mead (Aug 30, 2008, 12:24am) asserts, "I'm not at all a fan of Palin, either, but as liberals and decent human beings, we should be respectful in how we refer to people with disabilities."

...they truly believe all their own propaganda. The U.S. is run by "racists" (as one of them states bluntly), and Bush is the reincarnation of Hitler... This is Gospel Truth, so solid it requires neither evidence nor debate.

This might be the winner of the lot, it's so ludicrous as to be hilarious beyond beief:
David Roberts (Sept 8, 2008, 3:34pm): "There simply is nothing on the left like the partisan media on the right. The left has no media soldiers, only ironically distanced media observers."

The Tea Parties in particular got the J-listers all in a tizzy...Ryan Donmoyer (Aug 7, 2009, 8:08am) kicked things off: "You know, at the risk of violating Godwin's law, is anyone starting to see parallels here between the teabaggers and their tactics and the rise of the Brownshirts? Esp. Now that it's getting violent? Reminds me of the Beer Hall fracases of the 1920s."

Rick Perlstein (Aug 7, 2009, 10:59am): "... fascism is a variety of coalition politics; and... elements for that coalition are visible on the horizon."

Katha Pollitt (Aug 7, 2009, 12:20pm): "Unlike the German or Italian fascists, today's US rightwingers have nothing concrete to offer people. Just the pleasures of racism and selfishness and fear."

(Reading the original posts, by the way, is well worth it. Page after page of people earnestly pretending that they're not doing exactly what they're doing -- that is, distorting the news. Founder and chief guru Ezra Klein is particularly adamant: No message discipline here, he insists. We're just a discussion board! Then you get this, from veteran lefty academic Todd Gitlin [Sept 8, 2008, 9:37pm]: "On the question of liberals coordinating, what the hell's wrong with some critical mass of liberal bloggers & journalists saying the following among themselves:...

...the American Left. Amid that group, mental tribalism exists in almost refined purity. It is commonplace among journalists, intellectuals, and academics:

So any action is justified. Attacking Sarah Palin's family. Calling for FOX to be shut down. Giggling as you imagine Rush Limbaugh's death. Or these immortal words from Spencer Ackerman, written in the world's leading democracy in the first decade of the third millennium: "[F]ind a rightwinger's [sic] and smash it through a plate-glass window. Take a snapshot of the bleeding mess and send it out in a Christmas card to let the right know that it needs to live in a state of constant fear. Obviously I mean this rhetorically."

The e-mails have that same sour air: the sneering, the boasting, the half-digested half-ideas, the inability to carry any project to conclusion, and the well-practiced impulse to blame somebody, anybody else. And these are their best and brightest, the cream of the graduates of their highest institutes of learning. Ezra and the four hundred dwarfs.

Our Journolists... serving the American public in historic ways.

Can you imagine the stink that would still be going on in the media had journolist been made up of conservatives?
Ezra Klein started the list. He is still being treated with respect. Everytime I see him I think about how biased the media really is. The same with Chris Hayes. There is just no shame as far as progressives go. The end justifies the means and Obama got elected.
I'm not saying he wouldn't have been anyway but they sure didn't hurt his chances by making sure Wright was kept out of the news and Palin was demonized at every turn.

What's amazing is the fact that the majority of the liberal media still won't admit that there's any bias in their reporting. Luckily, the American public is much more intelligent than they give them credit for.

Back
Top Bottom