• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Journalists Exposed By WikiLeaks Will Now Cover Trump White House

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The MSM has NO shame....

Americans have known for decades that the MSM is primarily controlled by Dems. WikiLeaks just confirmed what we already knew. Amazingly, the MSM hasn't been adversely affected by being exposed as hacks for the DNC.

It's the other way around. Trump doesn't have to invite a hostile press to his press conferences. I know I wouldn't.

NYT, POLITICO, HUFFINGTON POST, CNN, WASHINGTON POST, MSNBC, CBS, NBC...

Literally none of them would be invited to any press briefings. It's real simple: if they're going to make up stories anyway, then they don't need the White House for that.

Here's a fresh pile from CBS News. Not surprisingly, the author has refused to put their name on this 'journalism', knowing full well of the backlash they'd receive.

Poll: Trump will start off term in historically weak position

^Wow, you mean to tell me that after being negatively talked about for the past 2 months since the election, Americans are taking your wall-to-wall coverage of how bad Trump is to heart?

I don't see why Trump wouldn't be able to sever relations with the MSM. It's really just propaganda.

Yet they wonder why he doesn't tell the press when he is going to play golf or eat dinner with his family. He has a great opportunity to keep shoving it up their butt. This is going to be fun to watch.

It's the other way around. Trump doesn't have to invite a hostile press to his press conferences. I know I wouldn't.

NYT, POLITICO, HUFFINGTON POST, CNN, WASHINGTON POST, MSNBC, CBS, NBC...

Literally none of them would be invited to any press briefings. It's real simple: if they're going to make up stories anyway, then they don't need the White House for that.

A reinoe press conference:

white2.jpg

Yet they wonder why he doesn't tell the press when he is going to play golf or eat dinner with his family. He has a great opportunity to keep shoving it up their butt. This is going to be fun to watch.

Probably, but not for the reason you think. Unless his leash gets drastically shortened, I expect many an entertaining meltdown from The Donald, and many more from his disciples here.
The MSM ain't going anywhere, and nor are their viewers.

Probably, but not for the reason you think. Unless his leash gets drastically shortened, I expect many an entertaining meltdown from The Donald, and many more from his disciples here.
The MSM ain't going anywhere, and nor are their viewers.

Clinton was going to win by a landslide. The Democrats had a good chance at taking the senate. Trump was going to bow out before the primaries then he was going to roll over in some plot to give the win to Clinton, then he was just running so he could start "Trump Media". I haven't seen any meltdown from Trump. Reality is that he won. I have seen the media and liberals meltdown **** themselves because he uses twitter. OMG, he didn't tell the press he was going to dinner. Now the left seems to be rationalizing and justifying the dishonesty of the press just like they rationalized the violation of the bylaws of their own party in the primaries. The majority distrusts the press. The press doesn't have to go anywhere. They can be ignored where they sit.

Clinton was going to win by a landslide. The Democrats had a good chance at taking the senate. Trump was going to bow out before the primaries then he was going to roll over in some plot to give the win to Clinton, then he was just running so he could start "Trump Media". I haven't seen any meltdown from Trump. Reality is that he won. I have seen the media and liberals meltdown **** themselves because he uses twitter. OMG, he didn't tell the press he was going to dinner. Now the left seems to be rationalizing and justifying the dishonesty of the press just like they rationalized the violation of the bylaws of their own party in the primaries. The majority distrusts the press. The press doesn't have to go anywhere. They can be ignored where they sit.

You make a good point. The usual left leaning MSM and talking heads who try to pass themselves off as all wise and knowing sages missed an awful lot of predictions in 2016 didn't they? I wonder if anybody took the time and trouble to list all the wrong predictions we saw on Twitter and Facebook and on the message boards we haunt, including DP? That could be really entertaining to review now. :)

I'll make my New Year's predictions right now.

--Trump will handle himself in the Presidency in a capable manner.
--Trump isn't going to be just like any other President who has been in office, but he is going to be Trump and do it his way.
--He will go through some trial and error to find some policy or methods that work, he is going to make some mistakes, and he is going to do some good things.
--Some will appreciate that and acknowledge the good while some will make huge mountains out of every molehill, real or imagined, and blame Trump for every bad thing that happens for the next 20 years.
--The world won't come to an end.
--The sun will rise every morning as it always does.
--And we'll all go about our daily lives pretty much as we do now.

And we won't be able to trust the MSM to be fair or honest any more than we do now.

You make a good point. The usual left leaning MSM and talking heads who try to pass themselves off as all wise and knowing sages missed an awful lot of predictions in 2016 didn't they? I wonder if anybody took the time and trouble to list all the wrong predictions we saw on Twitter and Facebook and on the message boards we haunt, including DP? That could be really entertaining to review now. :)

I'll make my New Year's predictions right now.

--Trump will handle himself in the Presidency in a capable manner.
--Trump isn't going to be just like any other President who has been in office, but he is going to be Trump and do it his way.
--He will go through some trial and error to find some policy or methods that work, he is going to make some mistakes, and he is going to do some good things.
--Some will appreciate that and acknowledge the good while some will make huge mountains out of every molehill, real or imagined, and blame Trump for every bad thing that happens for the next 20 years.
--The world won't come to an end.
--The sun will rise every morning as it always does.
--And we'll all go about our daily lives pretty much as we do now.

And we won't be able to trust the MSM to be fair or honest any more than we do now.

Thread Killa......lol

I was supporting Trump and sending him money back when everyone else in this thread was probably still supporting Cruz and Rubio so don't take this the wrong way but...

The MSM is going to have their political correspondents cover the White House?

Who woulda thunk?

Wikileaks is your arbiter of what is permitted? You surely love your Putin puppets!

Wikileaks provided the information about the corrupt journalists

Americans just process and act on what we find out

I was supporting Trump and sending him money back when everyone else in this thread was probably still supporting Cruz and Rubio so don't take this the wrong way but...

Who woulda thunk?

Well all the major news sources have always had their White House correspondents attend the daily or periodic press briefings usually conducted by the President's press secretary. I don't expect that to change.

What may be different, however, is that Trump is unlikely to cowtow to the press or tolerate incompetent or excessively abusive reporting as George W. Bush did. (Obama didn't have to because he was their guy so he got mostly favorable press.) I would guess any blatantly unethical reporting could cost somebody their White House press credentials in a Trump White House.

Who woulda thunk?

The corrupt partisan democrat journalists.

If I were trump. I would not give them press passes

The MSM has NO shame....

Remember, back in 2009, when President Obama called Fox "not a news network" for doing to him what everyone else did to Bush since before his first inauguration?

I can't WAIT for Trump to get tough with the press, just so I can hear the liberal screams of "press intimidation" or whatever trumped-up term they invent for the purpose, just to be slapped back down with their own hypocrisy.

I am by no means a Republican, but this Fox bad, every one else good bull**** is just that - bull****. Nothing pisses me off more than people lying and then being smug about it and then getting away with it. Fox is terrible about it, but so is everybody else.

Wikileaks provided the information about the corrupt journalists

Americans just process and act on what we find out

Well some process and act on what we find out. Others blame the Russians for putting Trump in office. (Gullible fits in there somewhere I think. :) )

The corrupt partisan democrat journalists.

If I were trump. I would not give them press passes

I would disapprove of him denying press passes to the MSM. I would approve of him removing press passes from those who reported dishonestly.

Back
Top Bottom