• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joseph Stalin made a comment to his countryman on America's freedoms and its greatnes

trfjr

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
i ran across this quote from Joseph Stalin and it hit me like a ton of bricks

Joseph Stalin made a comment to his countryman on America's freedoms and its greatness. America is like a healthy body and its resistance is three fold: It is patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we undermine these areas over a period of time the great country of America will collapse from within.

The Great Book of Best Quotes of All Time.

Now who here in America has raged a war against the three strengths that Joseph Stalin said America has?

who has raged a war against religion and want to eliminate it from the public forum?
who has raged a war against the traditional morality of the nation and social conservatism?
who has done what they can to eliminate America patriotism by blaming everything wrong with the world on America?

Re: Joseph Stalin made a comment to his countryman on America's freedoms and its grea

Now who here in America has raged a war against the three strengths that Joseph Stalin said America has?

who has raged a war against religion and want to eliminate it from the public forum?
who has raged a war against the traditional morality of the nation and social conservatism?
who has done what they can to eliminate America patriotism by blaming everything wrong with the world on America?
There's no evidence that Uncle Joe ever said that, nor does it sound like him.

Re: Joseph Stalin made a comment to his countryman on America's freedoms and its grea

How is this a bad thing? There is also the fact it doesn't sound like Stalin. It sounds like someone would make up to support social conservatism which is America's real weakness.

We should start a fund to free all the religious and moral POW's captured up to this point in your invented war on religion. Or at least help those injured by weapons and incarceration.

Oh wait, there is no war. The country is having a national debate and moving in a direction you dislike. That's all. I'm sure the national debate on slavery was just as contentious.

We should start a fund to free all the religious and moral POW's captured up to this point in your invented war on religion. Or at least help those injured by weapons and incarceration.

Oh wait, there is no war. The country is having a national debate and moving in a direction you dislike. That's all. I'm sure the national debate on slavery was just as contentious.
We should give them Utah, and then build a one hundred foot wall around it.

Its not a bad thing if you want implode America from within.

How is this a bad thing? There is also the fact it doesn't sound like Stalin. It sounds like someone would make up to support social conservatism which is America's real weakness.

So Republicans/conservatives believe in the beliefs of Joseph Stalin now. Interesting.

The quote is obviously false.
snopes.com: Joseph Stalin on America

The only war being waged here is the OP vs reality.

So Republicans believe in the beliefs of Joseph Stalin now. Interesting.
That's hardly new. He would have loved the Tea Party.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/undermine.asp

I see someone already beat me to it.

Even if the quote were real, the OP's premise is based on an absolutely moronic and asinine premise. I mean I guess we were being moral as hell when we interned Japanese Americans, made deals with dictators in third-world countries while overturning democratically elected leaders who just happened to be slightly left of center, turned dogs and water cannons on civil rights protesters, and made black people go to the back of the bus. :roll: But keep at it, the "liberals are destroying America" narrative isn't one you're going to be able to back up if you have any real grounding in American history.

Last edited:

"trfjr would be well advised not to take quotes tossed about on the internet literally without proper documentation" - Julius Caesar

How Accurate Is Snopes.com?

18.05.2009 | Author: The Frog Prince | Posted in For Members, METRO NEWS HEADLINES, Online, political, US News

This questioned has been asked to me more than a few times. You be the judge of the “authoritative source.”

“For the past few years snopes.com: Urban Legends Reference Pages has positioned itself, or others have labeled it as the ‘tell-all, final word’ on any comment, claim and e-mail. But for several years people tried to find out who exactly was behind snopes.com.

Only recently did Wikipedia get to the bottom of it -kinda makes you wonder what they were hiding. Well, finally we know. It is run by a husband and wife team – that’s right, no big office of investigators and researchers, no team of lawyers. It’s just a mom-and-pop operation that began as a hobby. David and Barbara Mikkelson in the San Fernando Valley of California started the website about 13 years ago – and they have no formal background or experience in investigative research. After a few years it gained popularity believing it to be unbiased and neutral, but over the past couple of years people started asking questions who was behind it and did they have a selfish motivation? The reason for the questions – or skepticism’s is a result of snopes.com claiming to have the bottom line facts to certain questions or issues, when in fact, they have been proven wrong. Also, there were criticisms the Mikkelsons were not really investigating and getting to the ‘true’ bottom of various issues.
When I saw that Snopes had falsely claimed that Obama’s Birth Certificate had been properly validated, I realized something was wrong with either their research and/or their credibility. It seems something is seriously wrong with both.
Then a few months ago, when my State Farm agent, Bud Gregg, in Mandeville hoisted a political sign referencing Barack Obama and made a big splash across the Internet, supposedly the Mikkelson’s claim to have researched this issue before posting their findings on snopes.com. In their statement they claimed the corporate office of State Farm pressured Gregg into taking down the sign, when in fact nothing of the sort ever took place. I personally contacted David Mikkelson (and he replied back to me) thinking he would want to get to the bottom of this, and I gave him Bud Gregg’s contact phone numbers. Bud was going to give him phone numbers to the big exec’s at State Farm in Illinois who would have been willing to speak with him about it. He never called Bud. In fact, I learned from Bud Gregg no one from snopes.com ever contacted anyone with State Farm. Yet snopes.com issued a statement as the ‘final factual word’ on the issue as if they did all their homework and got to the bottom of things.

Not!

So, I say this now to everyone who goes to snopes.com: Urban Legends Reference Pages to get what they think to be the bottom line facts: Proceed with caution. Take what it says at face value and nothing more. Use it only to lead you to their references where you can link to and read the sources for yourself. Plus, you can always Google a subject and do the research yourself. It now seems apparent that’s all the Mikkelson’s do. After all, I can personally vouch from my own experience for their ‘not’ fully looking into things.”

Last edited:

he said that ...really?

Wow....how did America manage keep slavery and Jim Crow hidden from Stalin? :lamo

"trfjr would be well advised not to take quotes tossed about on the internet literally without proper documentation" - Julius Caesar

misattributed quotes are all over the internet, just a few minutes ago someone on facebook posted the supposed Adm. Yamamoto quote about there being a "rifle behind every blade of grass" if you ever tried to invade mainland America, a quote for which there is basically no evidence that Yamamoto said such a thing. Snopes the **** out of everything before you believe that Ishtar ---> Easter. That was another one.

How Accurate Is Snopes.com?

18.05.2009 | Author: The Frog Prince | Posted in For Members, METRO NEWS HEADLINES, Online, political, US News

This questioned has been asked to me more than a few times. You be the judge of the “authoritative source.”

“For the past few years snopes.com: Urban Legends Reference Pages has positioned itself, or others have labeled it as the ‘tell-all, final word’ on any comment, claim and e-mail. But for several years people tried to find out who exactly was behind snopes.com.

Only recently did Wikipedia get to the bottom of it -kinda makes you wonder what they were hiding. Well, finally we know. It is run by a husband and wife team – that’s right, no big office of investigators and researchers, no team of lawyers. It’s just a mom-and-pop operation that began as a hobby. David and Barbara Mikkelson in the San Fernando Valley of California started the website about 13 years ago – and they have no formal background or experience in investigative research. After a few years it gained popularity believing it to be unbiased and neutral, but over the past couple of years people started asking questions who was behind it and did they have a selfish motivation? The reason for the questions – or skepticism’s is a result of snopes.com claiming to have the bottom line facts to certain questions or issues, when in fact, they have been proven wrong. Also, there were criticisms the Mikkelsons were not really investigating and getting to the ‘true’ bottom of various issues.
When I saw that Snopes had falsely claimed that Obama’s Birth Certificate had been properly validated, I realized something was wrong with either their research and/or their credibility. It seems something is seriously wrong with both.
Then a few months ago, when my State Farm agent, Bud Gregg, in Mandeville hoisted a political sign referencing Barack Obama and made a big splash across the Internet, supposedly the Mikkelson’s claim to have researched this issue before posting their findings on snopes.com. In their statement they claimed the corporate office of State Farm pressured Gregg into taking down the sign, when in fact nothing of the sort ever took place. I personally contacted David Mikkelson (and he replied back to me) thinking he would want to get to the bottom of this, and I gave him Bud Gregg’s contact phone numbers. Bud was going to give him phone numbers to the big exec’s at State Farm in Illinois who would have been willing to speak with him about it. He never called Bud. In fact, I learned from Bud Gregg no one from snopes.com ever contacted anyone with State Farm. Yet snopes.com issued a statement as the ‘final factual word’ on the issue as if they did all their homework and got to the bottom of things.

Not!

So, I say this now to everyone who goes to snopes.com: Urban Legends Reference Pages to get what they think to be the bottom line facts: Proceed with caution. Take what it says at face value and nothing more. Use it only to lead you to their references where you can link to and read the sources for yourself. Plus, you can always Google a subject and do the research yourself. It now seems apparent that’s all the Mikkelson’s do. After all, I can personally vouch from my own experience for their ‘not’ fully looking into things.”

Okay, so the burden of proof is on you to find and source the original ****ing quote instead of bashing snopes. This site is called Debate Politics, where you back up evidence for your assertions, not Data Dump. If snopes is wrong then go off and find proof that it is wrong, instead of some blog that claims snopes isn't right all the time.

Last edited:

Yea no one has the origin of this quote so probably someone made it up, and there has been no verified source of this quote.. So its probably made up.

No one.
Dont tell me its Obama.. .:roll:

All part of the rightwing noise machine's generation of urban myths.

Watch, they''ll repeat this idiotic bit of agitprop in a month. Ol' Uncle Joe, he had a soft spot for America, so why don't librals. Jesus.

Last edited:

So Republicans/conservatives believe in the beliefs of Joseph Stalin now. Interesting.

And like Stalin, they hate labor unions

Hmmmm

Joseph Stalin made a comment to his countryman on America's freedoms and its greatnes

I have to ask again ....Joseph Stalin knew nothing about American slavery and Jim Crow??? :lamo

Back
Top Bottom