• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joseph Stalin Had a 13 Year Old Child Bride

WarmPotato

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
He was 36 years old when he began a sexual relationship with 13 year old Lidia Pereprygina. He impregnated her and the baby died. When she fell pregnant again, he ran away and left her to raise the child alone. Lidia was not the only victim. According to various testimonies from the book Young Stalin by Simon Sebag Montefiore, Stalin had a pattern of pursuing underage girls.

Lidia Pereprygina had barely entered puberty when Stalin raped her. Its quite understandable why so many have labeled Joseph Stalin a pedophile. Even in the crumbling Russian Empire, the age of consent was 14. Meaning both legally and morally, Lidia Pereprygina could not consent. Stalin committed statuatory rape.

Stalin was a mass murderer.

There's nothing that I wouldn't believe about Joe Stalin. But then, he did defeat Hitler. Something about that part of the world during that era, that's for sure.

Both Truman and Churchill liked Stalin. Roosevelt did not.

And Roosevelt was very left wing.

Please, using the word "like" is a bit odd...they did their best to get along with him, and so did Roosevelt, although he bitched about it a lot more. All three presidents used a lot of ink talking about Stalin and you can access the papers in their presidential libraries.
It is inaccurate to say that Truman and Churchill LIKED him when the reality is that they all decided that it was practical to cultivate the best relationship they could given the circumstances.

The most positive things Truman ever said about Stalin:

“I like Stalin,” he wrote in a July 29, 1945, letter to his wife. “He is straightforward, knows what he wants and will compromise when he can’t get it.”

1945 diary entry in reference to possible Soviet help with Japan:

He said he wanted to cooperate with U.S. in peace as we had cooperated in War but it would be harder. Said he was grossly misunderstood in U.S. and I was misunderstood in Russia. I told him that we each could help remedy that situation in our home countries and that I intended to try with all I had to do my part at home He gave me a most cordial smile and said he would do as much in Russia.

“I got very well acquainted with Joe Stalin, and I like old Joe! He is a decent fellow. But Joe is a prisoner of the Politburo,” Truman said in Oregon in 1948, referring to the Soviet Union’s policymaking body.

One could infer that Truman "liked" the fact that Stalin was very blunt and direct with his plans and goals, and did not mince words. If a pot was black, he said so.
There is indeed much to like about a leader like that but that's speaking strictly in diplomatic terms.
Diplomacy is the art and science of "liking" specific characteristics and qualities in a potential adversary in the hopes of possibly turning them into an ally.

The “Declaration by United Nations” of the three-way alliance between USA, UK and USSR on January 1, 1942 was termed a
"three-way shotgun marriage" by no less than Truman himself.
In desperate times, the enemy of your enemy becomes your friend. During World War II, the United States, Great Britain and the Soviet Union would never have been three-way allies had they not shared a mortal enemy in Adolf Hitler.

PS: Roosevelt is only viewed as "very left wing" in today's far Right terms.
The New Deal laid the foundation for the most prosperous long term economic cycle in the history of this country, and perhaps even the world.

There's nothing that I wouldn't believe about Joe Stalin. But then, he did defeat Hitler. ...
its a Marxist Myth, USA with its 50% of the world GDP did defeat Hitler and than Koba´s USSR

Problem with Roosevelt that he was surrounded by Koba´s spies, Marxists , and useful idiots who literally controlled USA´s international politic , China and Yugoslavia 2 classical example of Marxist - Koba´s victory over USA and Roosevelt personally

Militarily, it was a joint effort with Russia doing a yeoman's job - too.
killing , looting and raping 1/2 of Europe , only koba´s Spies/ Marxists in R. administration saved Moscow´s satanic Marxist empire from distraction in 1945

Militarily, it was a joint effort with Russia doing a yeoman's job - too.
Pictures from the book “Drawings from the GULAG” by Danzig Baldaev, a retired Soviet prison guard. Depictions of the Soviet genocide.
1601151478413.png
“I am… English, French, American, Japanese, Italian, German and other spy…”
1601151508127.png

During the epoch of Stalin, such mass executions were common. Party staff, political and other activists, artists were executed by center’s orders, which were issued like hunting licenses by species of animals – moose, saigas, arkhars, argali, bears… This was made regularly to prevent the rise of national dignity in distant parts of the USSR.

1601151543476.png

“Doctor, those inmates ain’t following the plan! Zero diet for ’em!”

(Slogan at the wall: “Women are the great power!” – I. Stalin)

In ITLs, “enemies of the people” were forced to do the hardest work – digging and logging. Most of exhausted women suffered the vaginal prolapse as a result of strain and starvation. Weakened and ill ones were finished off by deprivation of food.

With a purpose to inflict psychic trauma, “enemy” women and girls were stripped naked at interrogations.

so what? without USA cash , USSR´d collapse much like UK in 1941-42 . ask famous Historian M Salonin , he will give you the exact numbers

They killing over two thirds of the Nazis and you say "So what"?

Are you still butt hurt Lithuania isn't under Nazi occupation?

Joseph Stalin Had a 13 Year Old Child Bride

So did Jerry Lee Lewis what's your point?

Problem with Roosevelt that he was surrounded by Koba´s spies, Marxists , and useful idiots who literally controlled USA´s international politic , China and Yugoslavia 2 classical example of Marxist - Koba´s victory over USA and Roosevelt personally

How exactly was the rise of Tito— who pretty much the textbook definition of “non aligned”—a victory for Stalin?

The US trying to get directly involved in the Chinese Civil War would have been Vietnam on steroids.

The New Deal laid the foundation for the most prosperous long term economic cycle in the history of this country, and perhaps even the world.

Trumpists are utter oblivious to this and to how us shaping world strategic alliances, anchoring ourselves as indispensable to teh western world.
This brought us tremendous wealth.

Every time I hear a deplorable scream of isolationism I know they are stupid of how we became great. It could have happened had we gone isolationist after the war.

Then you have the dumb deplorables who think we are somehow special and that is why we became so prosperous post WW2. Never considering that we were the only industrialized country who had it's infrastructure intact after the war.

Honest, ignorance is very dangerous. It is why history is repeated so often,

Then we have TRump, teh least knowledge president we have never had.... hence the country is falling apart.

Trumpists are utter oblivious to this and to how us shaping world strategic alliances, anchoring ourselves as indispensable to teh western world.
This brought us tremendous wealth.

Every time I hear a deplorable scream of isolationism I know they are stupid of how we became great. It could have happened had we gone isolationist after the war.

Then you have the dumb deplorables who think we are somehow special and that is why we became so prosperous post WW2. Never considering that we were the only industrialized country who had it's infrastructure intact after the war.

Honest, ignorance is very dangerous. It is why history is repeated so often,

Then we have TRump, teh least knowledge president we have never had.... hence the country is falling apart.

Minor note:
By 1948, most of the WW2 nations either HAD their manufacturing back online or were awfully close.
Antique stores are filled with 1948, 49, 50 examples of cameras, washing machines, radios, automobiles, finished goods, clothing, staples and the like.
True, a lot of manufacturing was happening surrounded by rubble but it's a fact that manufacturing was one of the first things being restored.

(A 1950 Blaupunkt Granada 3 AM-FM-SW-LW Hi-Fi radio)

BlaupunktSWradio1.jpg

Minor note:
By 1948, most of the WW2 nations either HAD their manufacturing back online or were awfully close.
Antique stores are filled with 1948, 49, 50 examples of cameras, washing machines, radios, automobiles, finished goods, clothing, staples and the like.
True, a lot of manufacturing was happening surrounded by rubble but it's a fact that manufacturing was one of the first things being restored.

(A 1950 Blaupunkt Granada 3 AM-FM-SW-LW Hi-Fi radio)

View attachment 67296738

because we helped rebuild them

because we helped rebuild them

Why yes of course. The Marshall Plan.
We HAD to, it was an insurance policy of sorts.
We wanted to make sure they didn't have any reason to drift back into the old world domination habits so we used things like Marshall to "drown out" the siren songs of fascism.

The difference is, in the last couple of decades when we've tried to Marshall some foreign lands, it has wound up being more of a smorgasbord for defense industry carpetbaggers to snuff through the gravy trough and grow rich, with little or no quarter given to actual restorative work being done.
Schools, hospitals, factories, infrastructure rebuilt in such slipshod manner many wound up being torn down again.
At least The Marshall Plan was all about Germans, Italians and the like doing much of the work themselves and just getting a financial boost to help pay for it.
In recent years we send "contractors" from stateside to do it or we outsource using unskilled labor at rock bottom prices where labor doesn't give a damn, because they don't actually live there.

Back
Top Bottom