• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Joseph Smith Conviction - Death Penalty

Navy Pride said:
With all respect you need to go back and read some of the polls on the death penalty and you will find that liberals are against the death penalty and conservatives are for it............It is the same way nationally......

After all the polls you have dismissed in the past, that didn't agree with you, and all the posts denouncing polls from folks on your side of the aisle, you now refer me to a poll? :rofl

As a rule, I would agree that the bleeding heart liberal would oppose the death penalty more than a blood thirsty conservative. But I try to avoid such extremists and I do not count any as a friend from either side.

I am a moderate that goes left and right depending on the topic. I'm free that way. You are more of an extremist. I do not take your opinions to heart no more that I would a liberal quack's opinions to heart. One's a Green Mallard and ones a Canadian Goose. But they are BOTH quacks.

Captain America said:
After all the polls you have dismissed in the past, that didn't agree with you, and all the posts denouncing polls from folks on your side of the aisle, you now refer me to a poll? :rofl

As a rule, I would agree that the bleeding heart liberal would oppose the death penalty more than a blood thirsty conservative. But I try to avoid such extremists and I do not count any as a friend from either side.

I am a moderate that goes left and right depending on the topic. I'm free that way. You are more of an extremist. I do not take your opinions to heart no more that I would a liberal quack's opinions to heart. One's a Green Mallard and ones a Canadian Goose. But they are BOTH quacks.

Hey I make no apologies I am a very conservative person and proud of it.I wear my conservatism on my sleeve like a badge of glory.........You know where you stand with me on the issues........So lets get that clear.........

That said I know of no Conservative that is against the death penalty and I only know of one, sort of liberal, her name is aps, in this forum who is for it.......I am trying to make a moderate out of her though...;)

You do the math.........

That said I know of no Conservative that is against the death penalty and I only know of one, sort of liberal, her name is aps, in this forum who is for it.......I am trying to make a moderate out of her though...

You should get out more. There isn't a moderate bone in your body. Who you talkin' too?

Captain America said:
You should get out more. There isn't a moderate bone in your body. Who you talkin' too?

And your sure as hell no conservative or moderate but that is the first thing you have said that was right all night because I am no moderate...............Congratulations

Thank you, thank you. I would like to share this award with all the little people......:2wave:

Navy Pride said:
Hey I make no apologies I am a very conservative person and proud of it.I wear my conservatism on my sleeve like a badge of glory.........You know where you stand with me on the issues........So lets get that clear.........

That said I know of no Conservative that is against the death penalty and I only know of one, sort of liberal, her name is aps, in this forum who is for it.......I am trying to make a moderate out of her though...;)

You do the math.........

Hehehehhehehehhehe :lol:

Navy Pride said:
It is classical liberal thinking.......None will respond to my question..Usually people like stace, Mixed Media, Champs, and Independent Thinker are all over the subject and believe that life in prison with all the perks like Colored Cable TV, Playboy magazines, and state of the art gyms, is much worse then being executed....

Well why is this scum begging for life in prison if that is so?????

That's what it is, a liberal idea.

The answer to your question is obvious, and meant to be so. He doesn't want to die, and most other rational beings would chose life over death as well. Those who say otherwise are deluding themselves.

Navy Pride said:
With all respect you need to go back and read some of the polls on the death penalty and you will find that liberals are against the death penalty and conservatives are for it............It is the same way nationally......

Democrats who claim to be liberal, sure. It's a basic social liberal idea.

Calm2Chaos said:
How about we do this the easy way. Hang the man from his testicles about 4-5ft off the ground. Take a medium cheese grater and run it over every inch of his body. Then slowly lower him into a large tub of Alcohol. Repeat and rinse until he either begs for death or actually dies. After he is dead for 30 minutes ask him if he wants to request a stay of the death penalty. This seems fair giving him the same choice in his future as he did for her.

I raise up my glass to that!

-Demosthenes- said:
That's what it is, a liberal idea.

The answer to your question is obvious, and meant to be so. He doesn't want to die, and most other rational beings would chose life over death as well. Those who say otherwise are deluding themselves.

Democrats who claim to be liberal, sure. It's a basic social liberal idea.

It does not answer my question because liberals contend life in prison is worse then the death penalty.........

Putting in a bit, I think the death penalty is worse because you have to wake up and know you will die with each day and that it is getting closer. Liberals just say life is worse to have an excuse to ban the death penalty. Let me tell you, in liberal America, it would be a hellpit of crime.

Falangist said:
Putting in a bit, I think the death penalty is worse because you have to wake up and know you will die with each day and that it is getting closer. Liberals just say life is worse to have an excuse to ban the death penalty. Let me tell you, in liberal America, it would be a hellpit of crime.

The death penalty is definitely worse......Put yourself in the place of someone that is going to be executed.......Imagine the horror as the time grows near.........

When you get life in prison there is hope.....When you get the death penalty there is no hope.........

Navy Pride said:
The death penalty is definitely worse......Put yourself in the place of someone that is going to be executed.......Imagine the horror as the time grows near.........

When you get life in prison there is hope.....When you get the death penalty there is no hope.........

If I was going to be executed I'd fight for my life by trying to waste as many of the guards as I could. Make em' shoot me dead before they have a chance to jam a needle into my arm. I wouldn't just sit by and allow someone to attempt to kill me unchallenged! The best death is through the glory of battle! Which is why we should allow death row inmates the chance to go thru a gladitorial battle. The wiiner is given life in prison instead of the death penalty. While the losers obviously die in combat, but it would be an honourable death. Let's give the criminals the same kind of honour that I would expect to receive!

Honor? I do not feel any obligation to allow a capitol offender a chance at redemption or honor. Screw 'em.

Donkey1499 said:
If I was going to be executed I'd fight for my life by trying to waste as many of the guards as I could. Make em' shoot me dead before they have a chance to jam a needle into my arm. I wouldn't just sit by and allow someone to attempt to kill me unchallenged! The best death is through the glory of battle! Which is why we should allow death row inmates the chance to go thru a gladitorial battle. The wiiner is given life in prison instead of the death penalty. While the losers obviously die in combat, but it would be an honourable death. Let's give the criminals the same kind of honour that I would expect to receive!

The purpose of capital punishment is not to allow someone to die with honor and dignity.After all the murderer did not allow his victim to die with honor,why should we allow the murderer to die with honor.

jamesrage said:
The purpose of capital punishment is not to allow someone to die with honor and dignity.After all the murderer did not allow his victim to die with honor,why should we allow the murderer to die with honor.

I was talking about if it were me! Naval Prizzle said something about being in their shoes. Then again, I'd give anyone honour before I killed them. If I was paid (and that's a big IF) to kill, say, a woman's husband. I'd give the dude a blade and we'd duke it out. May the better man win, so they say. That may seem odd to some of you, but that just shows that I cannot strike down a defenseless person. It's not in my heart to do so.

Now, on to my point. Say I came out of the scrap as the victor. Put I get arrested and am givin the death penalty. I'd want to receive the honour that I gave my foe. Tis only fair. May the punishment fit the crime, as they say.

20 - 21 years is the AVERAGE time it takes to put someone to death in the United States. That is 20-21 years of appeals, court costs, etc.....

THIS, I believe, is the reason that it costs more to put someone to death rather than just put them in jail for life.

20-21 years is RIDICULOUS!

Then you have the anti-death penalty crowd making a big deal about several doctors walking out of an execution in California the other day. THIS was a complete set up! The doctors were asked to take part in putting the man to death, to ensure he did not experience any unneccessary discomfort.

OF COURSE they walked out/refused! It is against their oath, which is to SAVE lives, to assist in putting this man to death. You do not need DOCTORS to put a man to death or to assist in the procedure.

Inhumane? A prick of a needle, warm sensation in the arm, sleepiness, euphoria, and they go to sleep for good! If you want to talk inhumane, how about the victims who were butchered, slaughtered, killed in gruesome ways, dying in terror and, in some cases, pleading for their lives?

Want a cheaper way to do it? How about China's method, in some cases: 1 bullet to the back od the head, and the family gets the bill for the bullet.

I believe that there are some criminals - murderers, who can not be rehabilitated. they are the career criminals, the predators who prey on the defenseless, the children, and they never stop. I believe it is God's job to judge them, and I don't have a problem with the justice system arranging the meeting. It just seems like we are worrying more about the rights and comforts of the murderers and monsters more than the victims.

easyt65 said:
I believe it is God's job to judge them, and I don't have a problem with the justice system arranging the meeting.

Let God kill him.

Want a cheaper way to do it? How about China's method, in some cases: 1 bullet to the back od the head, and the family gets the bill for the bullet.

Now that's a GOOD idea! Let the UAE manage our ports and let China contract our executions. They can even keep the body parts for medical use.:mrgreen:

easyt65 said:
20 - 21 years is the AVERAGE time it takes to put someone to death in the United States. That is 20-21 years of appeals, court costs, etc.....

THIS, I believe, is the reason that it costs more to put someone to death rather than just put them in jail for life.

20-21 years is RIDICULOUS!

I beleave that forensic science will get good to a point that appeals will be almost eliminated.

Then you have the anti-death penalty crowd making a big deal about several doctors walking out of an execution in California the other day. THIS was a complete set up! The doctors were asked to take part in putting the man to death, to ensure he did not experience any unneccessary discomfort.

OF COURSE they walked out/refused! It is against their oath, which is to SAVE lives, to assist in putting this man to death. You do not need DOCTORS to put a man to death or to assist in the procedure.

You mean the same doctors who would proably like a good nazi would murder a unborn child?

Inhumane? A prick of a needle, warm sensation in the arm, sleepiness, euphoria, and they go to sleep for good! If you want to talk inhumane, how about the victims who were butchered, slaughtered, killed in gruesome ways, dying in terror and, in some cases, pleading for their lives?

The victims mean nothing to the murderer sympathizing morons in the anti-death penalty crowd.

I believe it is God's job to judge them, and I don't have a problem with the justice system arranging the meeting.

My thoughts exactly.

It just seems like we are worrying more about the rights and comforts of the murderers and monsters more than the victims.
People need to quit putting themselves in the shoes of these vermin and start putting themselves in the shoes of the victims.

I saw that horseshit the other day on tv there were all these sissy skirt men and ugly feminist holding up anti-death penalty signs feeling sorry for these vermin.

Here's the deal.. Navy.. first of all, I've been on the other side of the anti death penalty crowd. My very close cousin, and childhood friend was murdered, in front of her then 2 year old daughter. To this day, the murdering maggot has not been found. However had he/she/IT been found, the death penalty should be sought. I was told, by some anti-er's that in our family wanting the death penalty for this scum, we were enacting our own revenge, and revenge "has no place in the criminal justice system" I was further told that my opinion on the matter should be of no consideration because I am "too close to the situation to look at it objectively"

Secondly, Joseph Smith, in his pleading for his life (what a joke) said NOTHING of his guilt.... he blamed it on heroin. Umm... who's fault is it that heroin ever entered his system to begin with? :ranton: Why is personal responsibility disappearing from our list of societal standards? When did it become "acceptable" to blame everyone and everything else? Why should we be accepting of some criminal's plea's for mercy, when the victim they murdered has been silenced.. FOREVER? Ugh, it drives me crazy to hear this bs spewed by the anti-ers... however on the subject of child rape, MOST of the anti-ers are the same ones that believe a sexual predator of children can be rehabbed! :roll: Bad things happen to people, because people CHOOSE to do bad things. Drunk Driving.. a choice. Rape.. a choice. Murder (unless a CLEAR case of self defense).. a choice. Drugs... a choice.

The most powerful word in the English language, is choose. Why? Because one can ALWAYS choose to do or not do something. When we start looking at crime as one's CHOICE... instead of a compulsion.. maybe we'll make headway. But as a society, some want to treat a compulsion and say.. there there. It's not your fault you are the way you are.. and then proceed to blame drugs, genetics...etc. It's bullshit... excuse my french. Here's a motto to live by... Do the crime... do the time.. Period! end of story. Mandatory sentences... all the way! :rantoff:

debate_junkie said:
Here's the deal.. Navy.. first of all, I've been on the other side of the anti death penalty crowd. My very close cousin, and childhood friend was murdered, in front of her then 2 year old daughter. To this day, the murdering maggot has not been found. However had he/she/IT been found, the death penalty should be sought. I was told, by some anti-er's that in our family wanting the death penalty for this scum, we were enacting our own revenge, and revenge "has no place in the criminal justice system" I was further told that my opinion on the matter should be of no consideration because I am "too close to the situation to look at it objectively"

Secondly, Joseph Smith, in his pleading for his life (what a joke) said NOTHING of his guilt.... he blamed it on heroin. Umm... who's fault is it that heroin ever entered his system to begin with? :ranton: Why is personal responsibility disappearing from our list of societal standards? When did it become "acceptable" to blame everyone and everything else? Why should we be accepting of some criminal's plea's for mercy, when the victim they murdered has been silenced.. FOREVER? Ugh, it drives me crazy to hear this bs spewed by the anti-ers... however on the subject of child rape, MOST of the anti-ers are the same ones that believe a sexual predator of children can be rehabbed! :roll: Bad things happen to people, because people CHOOSE to do bad things. Drunk Driving.. a choice. Rape.. a choice. Murder (unless a CLEAR case of self defense).. a choice. Drugs... a choice.

The most powerful word in the English language, is choose. Why? Because one can ALWAYS choose to do or not do something. When we start looking at crime as one's CHOICE... instead of a compulsion.. maybe we'll make headway. But as a society, some want to treat a compulsion and say.. there there. It's not your fault you are the way you are.. and then proceed to blame drugs, genetics...etc. It's bullshit... excuse my french. Here's a motto to live by... Do the crime... do the time.. Period! end of story. Mandatory sentences... all the way! :rantoff:

I used to be against the death penalty when I was younger.I thought it was hypocritical to kill a someone for killing.I later grew up,I realized that it was not the same thing.These murderers murdered their victims in cold blood and often times to fulfill very selfish and or disturbed reasons much like Joseph Smith.People escape prisons and can harm other people and these nmates harm other inmates.So executing these vermin ensures that they will not escape,and they will not be able to harm anyone else.

I do find it amusing that these vermin try their last minute appologies when the sentencing phase.I find it even more amusing when morons buy their "I'm only sorry becasue I got caught and now facing the death penalty" apology.Any body with kids knows that children only apologizes because an adult made them apoligize for doing wrong or they got caught doing wrong and about to get in trouble,adults do the same thing.IT is really pathetic when these scum try these horse **** apologies and try to blame the choices they made on other things.

debate_junkie said:

DJ, I myself am not arguing whether the deat sentence is justified or not in this thread.......My argument with you on the left who have said over and over again that life in prison is a much worse sentence then being executed.....If that is so why do prisoners like Smith get up and beg for life in prion instead of being executed?.......:confused:

Maybe you can answer that question for me....

Navy Pride said:
DJ, I myself am not arguing whether the deat sentence is justified or not in this thread.......My argument with you on the left who have said over and over again that life in prison is a much worse sentence then being executed.....If that is so why do prisoners like Smith get up and beg for life in prion instead of being executed?.......:confused:

Maybe you can answer that question for me....

It seems that not one person who is against the death penalty can answer your question.

Back
Top Bottom