• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Jorgensen C-Span Interview

Ikari

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Well the MSM isn't going to cover the 3rd parties, that's just how it goes. But C-Span did give a 45 minute interview with Jo Jorgensen, the Libertarian candidate for President.

Libertarian Nominee Jo Jorgensen on Campaign 2020 | C-SPAN.org

She says a lot of stuff I can really agree with, some not so much. But by far lines up far better with my political ideology and platform than the Republocrat Status Quo disasters.

Early on she brings up a point that people voted for Donald Trump because they were looking for something different, someone that didn't come with 50 years of baggage and political favors. After 4 years, we find that it's more of the same, and that if we really want change, if we really want that "outsider" you have to go outside the Republocrat establishment.

For many who have voted 3rd party for some time, this strikes as a "no duh" statement. But I think maybe folk should consider it. Trump wasn't really an outsider, he was just the other side of the Corporate State. But if one is interested in one that is outside the Washington structure, is for the rights and liberties of the People, and is looking for real change and down-sizing of the government; you should look at Jorgensen.

The video linked is 45 minutes long, so it is long, but you're not going to see coverage of the Libertarian candidate on the major networks, so it's a good interview to get to know Jorgensen and her platform. Check it out.

Well the MSM isn't going to cover the 3rd parties, that's just how it goes. But C-Span did give a 45 minute interview with Jo Jorgensen, the Libertarian candidate for President.

She says a lot of stuff I can really agree with, some not so much. But by far lines up far better with my political ideology and platform than the Republocrat Status Quo disasters.

Early on she brings up a point that people voted for Donald Trump because they were looking for something different, someone that didn't come with 50 years of baggage and political favors. After 4 years, we find that it's more of the same, and that if we really want change, if we really want that "outsider" you have to go outside the Republocrat establishment.

For many who have voted 3rd party for some time, this strikes as a "no duh" statement. But I think maybe folk should consider it. Trump wasn't really an outsider, he was just the other side of the Corporate State. But if one is interested in one that is outside the Washington structure, is for the rights and liberties of the People, and is looking for real change and down-sizing of the government; you should look at Jorgensen.

The video linked is 45 minutes long, so it is long, but you're not going to see coverage of the Libertarian candidate on the major networks, so it's a good interview to get to know Jorgensen and her platform. Check it out.

Too bad she'll never know what it's like to be an outsider like Trump knows.

Does she REALLY want to be President? Does she REALLY think she can combat the Dem and Rep Elites in Congress? Does she REALLY think she can weather the same kind of negative coverage the media has slammed Trump with?

Her answer to the first question guarantees that neither major party will give her the time of day.

Don't get me wrong, though. I LIKE her answer to the first question, but the system is stacked against her and if, by some chance, she became President I don't think she would stand a snowball's chance in hell getting anything she wants done.

And that's too bad.

Too bad she'll never know what it's like to be an outsider like Trump knows.

Does she REALLY want to be President? Does she REALLY think she can combat the Dem and Rep Elites in Congress? Does she REALLY think she can weather the same kind of negative coverage the media has slammed Trump with?

Her answer to the first question guarantees that neither major party will give her the time of day.

Don't get me wrong, though. I LIKE her answer to the first question, but the system is stacked against her and if, by some chance, she became President I don't think she would stand a snowball's chance in hell getting anything she wants done.

And that's too bad.

The system is stacked against her, and with the Republocrats in charge of Congress, they'd fight her every step of the way. But she can take down Presidential power a few notches, as is necessary, and raise the proper discussions we need to have about size and scope of government and its daily interference in our lives.

Plus if Trump taught us anything, it's all about the SCOTUS picks. If SCOTUS has to be politically charged, it may be nice to have one or two libertarian leaning justices on the team.

The problem with libertarians, imho, is that they are impatient. They run 3rd party for the presidency when they should be building a foundation at the local level. They need to prove their philosophy works on the smaller stages first and this is coming from someone who self identifies with them more than any other political group

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The problem with libertarians, imho, is that they are impatient. They run 3rd for the presidency when they should be building a foundation at the local level. They need to prove their philosophy works on the smaller stages first and this is coming from someone who self identifies with them more than any other political group

Oh, we run people at every level of government. If things need to change now, not in 20 years, why would we not want to also run on the national stage for President?

Libertarians do hold 168 elected offices, and we have one in Congress as well.

Oh, we run people at every level of government. If things need to change now, not in 20 years, why would we not want to also run on the national stage for President?

Libertarians do hold 168 elected offices, and we have one in Congress as well.
Who in congress?
Rand?

Back
Top Bottom