• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jones issue discussed on CNN... Was that guy for real?

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
David Sirota is a democratic/liberal activist, and a writer on the Huffington Post, who along with so-called conservative writer David Frum, were interviewed today on CNN about the Van Jones issue:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M56qbMoBZNw"]YouTube - David Sirota: Glenn Beck is a Right-wing Political Terrorist[/ame]

I just have to ask... Is David Sirota for real, or did someone pay him lots of cash to look like such an idiot? I just can't imagine that anyone of sound mind, could actually believe the things David Sirota just said in this CNN interview.

Here are some of the things he said:

Van Jones was "A national hero".
Said Jones signed petition mistakenly and didn't read it 4 times.
People had "lent" his name to 9/11 truthers
Said Jones was targeted because he's an "African-American man" 3 times.
Falsely claimed Bush "lied us into war"
Said Glenn Beck and conservative activists are "Political terrorists" 3 times
Labeled those opposing Obama as "Right wing lynch mobs" 4 times

Help me out people... I'm curious to know if most liberals share his beliefs, or if this guy is just a fringe kook?

I will say this though... Watching someone display such distorted view of reality on national television, can sure be entertaining.

He is just another partisan hack. Our national media seems to bend over backwards to give hacks of all stripes air time in order to stir people up and get ratings.

When I see pundits who are that extreme I usually assume that they're all about ratings but this guy actually seems to believe himself.

Why can't Obama nominate / appoint / pick a black guy, for the color of his skin, who does not have footage floating around of himself "blamin whitey" ??

Is there a black guy out there to appoint who doesn't ?

Obama is making me wonder.

Is there a black guy out there to appoint who doesn't ?

Yes... There are plenty of them out there that not only don't blame Whitey, but don't pull the race card out every time someone disagrees with them.

We call these men "Republicans".

Back
Top Bottom