• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jon Stewart: The Establishment is "dangerous"

FieldTheorist

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Or more specifically, the Establishment's ability to perpetuate culture of indifference towards the American people is dangerous. This is a really amazing interview of Jon Stewart. He discusses Trump, Hillary, the media, the political establishment, government corruption, the culture of DC, and so on. It's highly relevant to how I think many Americans feel, and the exchange with David Axelrod (Obama's right-hand man) couldn't have been a more interesting choice. It is long, but I think it is worthy of your time:

It is very interesting to listen to him discuss his time spending 9 years trying to get 9/11 firefighters and first-responders medical bills covered by the government.

PS: I'm not surprised that Obama yelled at Jon Stewart.

Considering that Jon Stewart has been a tool of great success for the "establishment" seems like his criticism is pretty empty.

he does make a good point about how trump whines about political correctness, but can't even take a joke about having a tiny penis.

Considering that Jon Stewart has been a tool of great success for the "establishment" seems like his criticism is pretty empty.

That was my first thought. It seems an indictment of Stewart as well that he would do this after his retired.

Also, left without writers Stewart seems pretty dumb: "If you can executive order a missile to kill an American citizen, why can't you executive order a fix for the VA?"

There are numerous flaws in that logic...

Last edited:
That was my first thought. It seems an indictment of Stewart as well that he would do this after his retired.

Also, left without writers Stewart seems pretty dumb: "If you can executive order a missile to kill an American citizen, why can't you executive order a fix for the VA?"

There are numerous flaws in that logic...

The major flaw is that you can't fix the VA because it is run by the government. The solution is to close it down and give the troops an Obamacare policy or, better, the equivalent of Medicare. The government has no business operating hospitals. The non medical aspects of the VA could be moved to the Defense Dept.

Yes, that's where I'm at too. I do like Jon, and he had to keep his job at CC to support his family and become wealthy, but he was in that capacity for the most part just another source of government propaganda.

There were a few notable exceptions, as his treatment of Lynn Cheney on the show, and his activism for those poisoned at Ground Zero, but for the most part Jon is a creature of the status quo.

Yes, that's where I'm at too. I do like Jon, and he had to keep his job at CC to support his family and become wealthy, but he was in that capacity for the most part just another source of government propaganda.

You both seem to confuse "not sucking up to Republicans" with "being a part of the Establishment." Jon Stewart attacked left-wing and right-wing politicians, and he was nearly personally responsible for exposing the lies of Fox News to three generations of Americans. I can see why to right-wingers he seems like a "member of the establishment," but it's pretty funny to call him a "tool" of the establishment when he openly attacks the establishment and attacked Hillary Clinton for literally being an untrustable robot.

It's amazing how difficult it is for conservatives to deal with Stewart. As usual, he strikes a nerve for good reason.

he does make a good point about how trump whines about political correctness, but can't even take a joke about having a tiny penis.

Any penis size has exactly what to do with Political Correctness? That's right, ****ing nothing at all! Nothing, so you post is a fail. Have a nice day.

You both seem to confuse "not sucking up to Republicans" with "being a part of the Establishment." Jon Stewart attacked left-wing and right-wing politicians, and he was nearly personally responsible for exposing the lies of Fox News to three generations of Americans. I can see why to right-wingers he seems like a "member of the establishment," but it's pretty funny to call him a "tool" of the establishment when he openly attacks the establishment and attacked Hillary Clinton for literally being an untrustable robot.

As I said before, I like Jon and respect his courage. But I also understand the reality, from a distance, of working for a large media company like Viacom and Comedy Central. HBO is the same way. Some things can be discussed after approval, and some things cannot be discussed at all.

Stewart and Colbert both labored under restrictions of what could be said and discussed, and what could not. Colbert made numerous references to that, and Summer Redstone. It's only logical.

Even on the Daily Show, Jon was almost obsequious to any guest wearing a military uniform. It was Sad Comical to watch, but understandable as neither Jon nor Stephen ever served in the military.

Any penis size has exactly what to do with Political Correctness? That's right, ****ing nothing at all! Nothing, so you post is a fail. Have a nice day.

you think its "politically correct" to make fun of a presidential candidates tiny penis? how sure are you about that?

Stewart pretty much only really attacked republicans while ignoring any of thier accomplishments. While he only attacked democrats when they were down and frequently highlighted thier achievements. I'm not saying Stewart was the establishment but his show was a tool of great success for them.

It's amazing how difficult it is for conservatives to deal with Stewart. As usual, he strikes a nerve for good reason.

He struck at Hillarys nerve today, but he did say she wouldn't feel it, kind of. Questioning if she is even a real person.

Considering that your statement is an intentional falsehood.... no

Stewart attacked anyone worth attacking, regularly. He went after Bush, he went after Obama.

Back
Top Bottom