• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jon Stewart Tears Apart GOP Autopsy Report For Changing Tone But Not Policy: Good Luc

Catawba

Disappointed Evolutionist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Jon Stewart Tears Apart GOP Autopsy Report For Changing Tone But Not Policy: Good Luck in 2020

"Stewart mocked the very name “autopsy,” which basically likens the GOP to a “bloated corpse.” He said that the idea of softening tone instead of policy amounts to just tell gay people they are living in sin… with a smile on your face.

Stewart likened the autopsy’s recommendation of creating pilot programs for conservatives in urban neighborhoods to a Westen explorer living amongst natives. Their attempts to engage minority voters and re-tool their message for those markets made the GOP comparable, in Stewart’s eyes, to Kool cigarettes, because both organizations have “seemed indifferent to the overall health of minorities.”

Watch the video below, courtesy of Comedy Central:
Jon Stewart Tears Apart GOP Autopsy Report For Changing Tone But Not Policy: ‘Good Luck In 2020′ | Mediaite

Re: Jon Stewart Tears Apart GOP Autopsy Report For Changing Tone But Not Policy: Good

"Stewart mocked the very name “autopsy,” which basically likens the GOP to a “bloated corpse.” He said that the idea of softening tone instead of policy amounts to just tell gay people they are living in sin… with a smile on your face.

Yeah that perfectly captures every conversation I've ever had with the more 'polite' Republicans.

Hmm, is their new marketing campaign to minority urban voters gonna be, "We want to ban you from voting, health care, and ever leaving the ghetto, but if you manage to sneak your way into the polls, vote for us!"

Re: Jon Stewart Tears Apart GOP Autopsy Report For Changing Tone But Not Policy: Good

Yeah that perfectly captures every conversation I've ever had with the more 'polite' Republicans.

Hmm, is their new marketing campaign to minority urban voters gonna be, "We want to ban you from voting, health care, and ever leaving the ghetto, but if you manage to sneak your way into the polls, vote for us!"

They will figure it out after losing a couple more elections!

Jon Stewart Tears Apart GOP Autopsy Report For Changing Tone But Not Policy: Good Luck in 2020

Stewart likened the autopsy’s recommendation of creating pilot programs for conservatives in urban neighborhoods to a Westen explorer living amongst natives. Their attempts to engage minority voters and re-tool their message for those markets made the GOP comparable, in Stewart’s eyes, to Kool cigarettes, because both organizations have “seemed indifferent to the overall health of minorities.”

Watch the video below, courtesy of Comedy Central:
Jon Stewart Tears Apart GOP Autopsy Report For Changing Tone But Not Policy: ‘Good Luck In 2020′ | Mediaite

Is he the best, or what?

Stewart is good.

He ripped BHO last week for his poor record on Veteran benefit approvals.

He has exposed McCain on several occasions.

He is hilarious and right in his observations.

:yawn: If you want a better tearing apart of the RNC's "autopsy" report, go take a look at what conservatives are saying about it.

Look, Jon Stewart's funny and all, but I don't exactly look at a comedian to get my political information.

Look, Jon Stewart's funny and all, but I don't exactly look at a comedian to get my political information.

The problem is - when you turn to politicians, all you get is sewage.

They will figure it out after losing a couple more elections!

Don't count on that. Some of us have never felt that winning elections was more important than Principles, or that winning elections was the proper way to initiate change in this country to begin with. :)

People don't ONLY look to Jon Stewart for political information, he just has a funny way of presenting the hypocrisy and ludicrousness of politics from both sides. I think those that truly get the full entertainment value of Jon stewart are those that follow the politics from other news sources and then watch his show later.

Don't count on that. Some of us have never felt that winning elections was more important than Principles, or that winning elections was the proper way to initiate change in this country to begin with. :)

LOL principles like stealing gas just because you feel a clerk is high or drunk like you have said you approve of? :roll:

LOL principles like stealing gas just because you feel a clerk is high or drunk like you have said you approve of? :roll:

Yep. There is no crime in stealing from criminals, the immoral, and/or the stupid. Never has been and never will be.

Yep. There is no crime in stealing from criminals, the immoral, and/or the stupid. Never has been and never will be.

Well, then you shouldn't have a problem from anyone stealing from you.

Ahhh love the authoritarian hpyocrisy, "it's only a crime, if I say so".

Well, then you shouldn't have a problem from anyone stealing from you.

Other than potentially "the stupid", I don't fit into any of those three categories, TNE. People are more than welcome to try and steal from me. I do, however, suggest doing so armed and while wearing body armor if you want to have any chance of getting away with it.

Other than potentially "the stupid", I don't fit into any of those three categories, TNE. People are more than welcome to try and steal from me. I do, however, suggest doing so armed and while wearing body armor if you want to have any chance of getting away with it.

Sure you do, criminal. Just because YOU don't think it is cirminal to steal gas, doesn't mean it isn't.

Sure you do, criminal. Just because YOU don't think it is cirminal to steal gas, doesn't mean it isn't.

It hasn't come to that as of yet. At least in part because the gas stations in my area don't employ drunks or drug addicts.

How do you justify taking something that's not yours, then preach on this forum over and over again about how the moral standards of all humankind are degrading into nothing?

Are you the biggest hypocrite going, or what?

It hasn't come to that as of yet. At least in part because the gas stations in my area don't employ drunks or drug addicts.

If you ever steal, you are no better than the "pot heads" you claim to hate that toke up illegally. A crime is still a crime. Also I'll have to dig it up, but I thought you mentioned they were always that way in your area which pissed you off.

How do you justify taking something that's not yours, then preach on this forum over and over again about how the moral standards of all humankind are degrading into nothing?

Are you the biggest hypocrite going, or what?

Very simple, as I alluded to before.... Legal protections should not (and in my mind do not) apply to those who are unwilling to live a Proper and Moral life. If you're a moron and I walk into the store and convince you to give me $60.00 of gas for $6.00 because you're drunk or high, there's no crime there. You're simply getting the just reward of your inability to live a good and proper life.

If you ever steal, you are no better than the "pot heads" you claim to hate that toke up illegally. A crime is still a crime. Also I'll have to dig it up, but I thought you mentioned they were always that way in your area which pissed you off.

No, I believe that conversation was in relation to the potential legalization of drugs, specifically marijuana in the future. In the area I grew up in, there were quite a few morons like that. In the area I currently live they're pretty decent.

If you're a moron and I walk into the store and convince you to give me $60.00 of gas for $6.00 because you're drunk or high, there's no crime there. You're simply getting the just reward of your inability to live a good and proper life.

Ah but that wasn't the scenario you presented. You said you would simply "drive-off" stealing the gas. The scenario you claim above would be clerk error, the scenario you presented in another thread was you would simply drive-off and steal the gas without paying.

No, I believe that conversation was in relation to the potential legalization of drugs, specifically marijuana in the future. In the area I grew up in, there were quite a few morons like that. In the area I currently live they're pretty decent.

My mistake then, apologies on that one.

Ah but that wasn't the scenario you presented. You said you would simply "drive-off" stealing the gas. The scenario you claim above would be clerk error, the scenario you presented in another thread was you would simply drive-off and steal the gas without paying.

Actually that WAS what I suggested in that thread, though I don't believe it was as well spelled-out as I just did. With the inability of 100% sober clerks in many places to give proper change NOW, I can't imagine what it would/will be like if/when these people are allowed to be high as a kite at work.

My mistake then, apologies on that one.

No problem.

Actually that WAS what I suggested in that thread, though I don't believe it was as well spelled-out as I just did. With the inability of 100% sober clerks in many places to give proper change NOW, I can't imagine what it would/will be like if/when these people are allowed to be high as a kite at work.

Well, if anyone chooses to be drunk or high at work, they deserve to be fired. Either way stealing in anyway is still illegal. Your scanario of a clerk screwing up would not be stealing on your part IMO although I'm not a lawyer on that one.

The GOP needs to actually find the principles first......

Back
Top Bottom