• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jon Stewart Tears Apart GOP Autopsy Report For Changing Tone But Not Policy: Good Luc

Re: Jon Stewart Tears Apart GOP Autopsy Report For Changing Tone But Not Policy: Good

That's one thing to like about you Tigger. You are a committed loser. It will serve you well.

Better to be a loser than to abandon the Principles that one's life is built upon. Though honestly I rarely have a dog in the fight when it comes to elections.

Well just keep doing what you've been doing! :cool:

Again, it's better to keep one's Principles intact than to abandon them in the false hope of winning something.

A silver lining for every cloud!

So long as you don't have to clean the mess up afterwards.

Re: Jon Stewart Tears Apart GOP Autopsy Report For Changing Tone But Not Policy: Good

iguanaman said:
Rush is a moron & pot should be legal
apdst said:
you're a hypocrite

dictionary.com said:
Hypocrisy - the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behaviour, esp the pretence of virtue and piety

apdst: expert on hypocrisy

apdst: expert on hypocrisy

Chunkysalsa: expert on changing peoples posts, which is a violation of the forum rules.

"The report outlines 219 different potential “fixes” for the party and puts forward a $10 million plan to reach women and minorities."

We’re committed to hiring hundreds of paid people into African-American, Hispanic, and Asian communities across America, even in 2013, which, for our party, that doesn’t really like permanent politics, is something very new.”

RNC Chair Reince Priebus Promotes ‘Permanent Campaign’ To Combat GOP ‘Caricature’ On CNN | Mediaite

Stewart from the OP: "Their attempts to engage minority voters and re-tool their message for those markets made the GOP comparable, in Stewart’s eyes, to Kool cigarettes, because both organizations have “seemed indifferent to the overall health of minorities.”

"The report outlines 219 different potential “fixes” for the party and puts forward a $10 million plan to reach women and minorities."

assortment-of-band-aids_300.jpg

They are going to need some big bandaids!

bandaid1.png

Chunkysalsa: expert on changing peoples posts, which is a violation of the forum rules.

Oh, I must have misinterpretted you. Please forgive my unwarranted assumption that you're intelligent enough to make posts germane to the things you quote. I am truly sorry for trying to hold you to such unrealistic expectations. Perhaps I can make amends by spreading the word so that nobody else makes a similar mistake? :mrgreen:

Last edited:

I couldn't disagree more. Stewart is the one source that doesn't spin everything.

That right there, is absolute insanity. All news and commentary shows and media, all have a bias (spin). It might be a massive bias, or a small bias, but all have a bias. Stewart clearly, and consistently, has a bias. Just because you agree with his perspective, doesn't mean he doesn't have a bias.

Oh, I must have misinterpretted you. Please forgive my unwarranted assumption that you're intelligent enough to make posts germane to the things you quote. I am truly sorry for trying to hold you to such unrealistic expectations. Perhaps I can make amends by spreading the word so that nobody else makes a similar mistake? :mrgreen:

Generally I find such statements amusing and fitting. But I always look up how the discussion got to this point. Dude.... the only person in this thread thus far, whose posts consistently warrant this response.... are yours. (granted I muted Cata, so it's possible his posts may trump yours on this issue)

Just as a pro tip: If you are going to make such as statement, be sure that your posts don't fit your statement better than the person you are responding to. Preventing such mistakes will avoid others from finding you hilariously stupid, like I just did.

Like Stewart offered to the GOP, "good luck in 2020!" :lamo

Generally I find such statements amusing and fitting. But I always look up how the discussion got to this point. Dude.... the only person in this thread thus far, whose posts consistently warrant this response.... are yours. (granted I muted Cata, so it's possible his posts may trump yours on this issue)

Just as a pro tip: If you are going to make such as statement, be sure that your posts don't fit your statement better than the person you are responding to. Preventing such mistakes will avoid others from finding you hilariously stupid, like I just did.
See this?
iguanaman said:
Just because you agree with his every word does not make him brilliant He's been addicted to oxycontin for years...his mind is gone.

Yes I support decriminalization of pot like most Americans. Rush could care less as long as he get his "fix".
apdst said:
Left wing hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me.

apdst is unable to reconcile the idea that you can think someone is a drug addled moron yet still be for legalization. He is unable to refute iguanaman so he tosses down an ad hominen and flees the scene like some sort of inept ninja. I mocked his ad hominen because there is no hypocrisy in iguanaman's positions.

Yeah, the burn was a bit weak in this context. Maybe I should've done an image search of "kettle pot black." :shrug:
But the idea that apdst has the ground to call anybody a hypocrit? :rofl:

See this?

apdst is unable to reconcile the idea that you can think someone is a drug addled moron yet still be for legalization. He is unable to refute iguanaman so he tosses down an ad hominen and flees the scene like some sort of inept ninja. I mocked his ad hominen because there is no hypocrisy in iguanaman's positions.

Yeah, the burn was a bit weak in this context. Maybe I should've done an image search of "kettle pot black." :shrug:
But the idea that apdst has the ground to call anybody a hypocrit? :rofl:

Equating someone smoking marijuana with a man addicted to synthetic heroin is a symptom of very poor knowledge of drugs and their effects. Next you be telling me alcohol isn't a drug.
Do you think alcohol should be legal?

Back
Top Bottom