• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jon Stewart Tears Apart GOP Autopsy Report For Changing Tone But Not Policy: Good Luc

Re: Jon Stewart Tears Apart GOP Autopsy Report For Changing Tone But Not Policy: Good

he just has a funny way of presenting the hypocrisy and ludicrousness of politics from both sides.

Of course

I think those that truly get the full entertainment value of Jon stewart are those that follow the politics from other news sources and then watch his show later.

I hope you're right.

Re: Jon Stewart Tears Apart GOP Autopsy Report For Changing Tone But Not Policy: Good

I couldn't disagree more. Stewart is the one source that doesn't spin everything.

dude, the daily show is just one long editorial (that's the source of the humor). That doesn't change because you agree with the content

Jon Stewart Tears Apart GOP Autopsy Report For Changing Tone But Not Policy: Good Luck in 2020

"Stewart mocked the very name “autopsy,” which basically likens the GOP to a “bloated corpse.” He said that the idea of softening tone instead of policy amounts to just tell gay people they are living in sin… with a smile on your face.

Stewart likened the autopsy’s recommendation of creating pilot programs for conservatives in urban neighborhoods to a Westen explorer living amongst natives. Their attempts to engage minority voters and re-tool their message for those markets made the GOP comparable, in Stewart’s eyes, to Kool cigarettes, because both organizations have “seemed indifferent to the overall health of minorities.”

Watch the video below, courtesy of Comedy Central:
Jon Stewart Tears Apart GOP Autopsy Report For Changing Tone But Not Policy: ‘Good Luck In 2020′ | Mediaite

So, the only change that Stewart would respect is where Republicans abandon their principles and accept his.

And this is what passes for witty commentary among liberals, I guess.

Here's a comprable witty comment in retort: Stewart can go soak his head.

Definitely yes

I respectfully disagree. I see a significant difference between losing and choosing not to involve yourself in the game to begin with. Why would anyone choose to engage in a competitive endeavour which they knew they had no chance to win? That's insanity so far as I'm concerned.

I respectfully disagree. I see a significant difference between losing and choosing not to involve yourself in the game to begin with. Why would anyone choose to engage in a competitive endeavour which they knew they had no chance to win? That's insanity so far as I'm concerned.

The fact that losers don't compete because they know they will lose doesn't mean that they are not losers.

The fact that losers don't compete because they know they will lose doesn't mean that they are not losers.

Again, I have to respectfully disagree. I have much greater respect for someone who knows they can't win and therefore doesn't involve themselves than I do for someone who invests all that time, energy, etc... into a losing cause. The first person is a Realist. The second is a Loser.

hanging Tone But Not Policy: Good Luc

Why would anyone choose to engage in a competitive endeavour which they knew they had no chance to win? .

Fun, self growth, etc

Re: hanging Tone But Not Policy: Good Luc

Fun, self growth, etc

In my mind competition is not about enjoyment or "fun". It's about Winning and Losing, and doing so the right way. Then again I've understood for a very long time that I have a very different viewpoint on that issue than most people do.

So, the only change that Stewart would respect is where Republicans abandon their principles and accept his.

And this is what passes for witty commentary among liberals, I guess.

Here's a comprable witty comment in retort: Stewart can go soak his head.

Ah, don't go away mad. Take a look at the ludicrous responses from your party and then wake up and leave the party that makes such outrageous anti-life stands.

Sounds a bit like saying "I personally believe homosexuality is wrong and gay marriage is wrong, but I dont think the government should say."

Of course...if the person saying that is a 'democrat' they are considered a champion of the gay rights cause.

Again, I have to respectfully disagree. I have much greater respect for someone who knows they can't win and therefore doesn't involve themselves than I do for someone who invests all that time, energy, etc... into a losing cause. The first person is a Realist. The second is a Loser.

The two are not mutually exclusive. A Loser who recognizes that they are a Loser is also a Realist. A Loser who knows he's a Loser but claims that Losing is not Losing is a Loser, but not a Realist

Jon Stewart Tears Apart GOP Autopsy Report For Changing Tone But Not Policy: Good Luck in 2020

"Stewart mocked the very name “autopsy,” which basically likens the GOP to a “bloated corpse.” He said that the idea of softening tone instead of policy amounts to just tell gay people they are living in sin… with a smile on your face.

Stewart likened the autopsy’s recommendation of creating pilot programs for conservatives in urban neighborhoods to a Westen explorer living amongst natives. Their attempts to engage minority voters and re-tool their message for those markets made the GOP comparable, in Stewart’s eyes, to Kool cigarettes, because both organizations have “seemed indifferent to the overall health of minorities.”

Watch the video below, courtesy of Comedy Central:
Jon Stewart Tears Apart GOP Autopsy Report For Changing Tone But Not Policy: ‘Good Luck In 2020′ | Mediaite

The Libbos want to rip Rush, calling him an entertainer, yet take the words of an actual comedian to the bank. :rofl

Don't count on that. Some of us have never felt that winning elections was more important than Principles, or that winning elections was the proper way to initiate change in this country to begin with. :)

That's one thing to like about you Tigger. You are a committed loser. It will serve you well.

The Libbos want to rip Rush, calling him an entertainer, yet take the words of an actual comedian to the bank. :rofl

One comedian is like another?

One comedian is like another?

I find it amazing who Libos get their talking points from.

I find it amazing who Libos get their talking points from.

Rush can be quite funny at times. Don't you think?
He certainly cracks me up.

Rush can be quite funny at times. Don't you think?
He certainly cracks me up.

It must suck to know that Liberalism is being led by the court jester.

It must suck to know that Liberalism is being led by the court jester.

Nothing compared to the whole Republican party being afraid of oxy-addled Rush.

Nothing compared to the whole Republican party being afraid of oxy-addled Rush.

I'm not afraid of Rush. He's one of the most brilliant political minds of our time.

BTW, do you support legalizing pot?

:yawn: If you want a better tearing apart of the RNC's "autopsy" report, go take a look at what conservatives are saying about it.

Do you mean the tea party wing?

Don't count on that. Some of us have never felt that winning elections was more important than Principles, or that winning elections was the proper way to initiate change in this country to begin with. :)

Well just keep doing what you've been doing! :cool:

Possibly. The difference with me is.... I won't be taken alive.

A silver lining for every cloud!

No what Stewart is saying is that in order not to be a joke, Republican policy should match their new tone proposed in the report.

I'm not afraid of Rush. He's one of the most brilliant political minds of our time.

BTW, do you support legalizing pot?

Just because you agree with his every word does not make him brilliant He's been addicted to oxycontin for years...his mind is gone.

Yes I support decriminalization of pot like most Americans. Rush could care less as long as he get his "fix".

Just because you agree with his every word does not make him brilliant He's been addicted to oxycontin for years...his mind is gone.

Yes I support decriminalization of pot like most Americans. Rush could care less as long as he get his "fix".

Left wing hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me.

Back
Top Bottom