• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jon Stewart Tears Apart GOP Autopsy Report For Changing Tone But Not Policy: Good Luc

Re: Jon Stewart Tears Apart GOP Autopsy Report For Changing Tone But Not Policy: Good

Very simple, as I alluded to before.... Legal protections should not (and in my mind do not) apply to those who are unwilling to live a Proper and Moral life. If you're a moron and I walk into the store and convince you to give me $60.00 of gas for $6.00 because you're drunk or high, there's no crime there. You're simply getting the just reward of your inability to live a good and proper life.

And here I thought moral behavior was doing the right thing regardless of any circumstance at all. Silly me.

Apparently you can justify immoral behavior, which makes you an immoral person.

Re: Jon Stewart Tears Apart GOP Autopsy Report For Changing Tone But Not Policy: Good

Very simple, as I alluded to before.... Legal protections should not (and in my mind do not) apply to those who are unwilling to live a Proper and Moral life. If you're a moron and I walk into the store and convince you to give me $60.00 of gas for $6.00 because you're drunk or high, there's no crime there. You're simply getting the just reward of your inability to live a good and proper life.

If the clerk is high, and you drive off without paying, you are not stealing from the clerk; You're stealing from the person who owns the gas station, who as far as you know, is not high.

If the clerk is high, and you drive off without paying, you are not stealing from the clerk; You're stealing from the person who owns the gas station, who as far as you know, is not high.

If he's got people who are high working for him, he's probably worse than high..... he's stupid.

If he's got people who are high working for him, he's probably worse than high..... he's stupid.

So you think those boys in Ohio who diddled that passed-out drunk girl at a high school party did "nothing morally wrong" since she was obviously stupid and drunk?

That's nice moral behavior you got there.

So you think those boys in Ohio who diddled that passed-out drunk girl at a high school party did "nothing morally wrong" since she was obviously stupid and drunk?

I would not say they didn't do anything wrong. However, I do believe that she deserves a large portion of the responsibility for the situation she put herself in.

Save your breath - he has few morals.

Stupidity isn't a crime

But criminals will always find an excuse for why it's OK for them to steal from someone else.

Jon Stewart Tears Apart GOP Autopsy Report For Changing Tone But Not Policy: Good Luck in 2020

"Stewart mocked the very name “autopsy,” which basically likens the GOP to a “bloated corpse.” He said that the idea of softening tone instead of policy amounts to just tell gay people they are living in sin… with a smile on your face.

Stewart likened the autopsy’s recommendation of creating pilot programs for conservatives in urban neighborhoods to a Westen explorer living amongst natives. Their attempts to engage minority voters and re-tool their message for those markets made the GOP comparable, in Stewart’s eyes, to Kool cigarettes, because both organizations have “seemed indifferent to the overall health of minorities.”

Watch the video below, courtesy of Comedy Central:
Jon Stewart Tears Apart GOP Autopsy Report For Changing Tone But Not Policy: ‘Good Luck In 2020′ | Mediaite

Classic, great post!!

Stupidity isn't a crime.

It should be a Class 1 Felony.

It should be a Class 1 Felony.

You do realize, under some definitions, it's possible you'd be guilty a class 1 felony then don't you?

You do realize, under some definitions, it's possible you'd be guilty a class 1 felony then don't you?

Possibly. The difference with me is.... I won't be taken alive.

You will be if they have tranq guns.

Not necessarily. They have to get close enough to use them and by that time I've had more than sufficient time to either barricade myself or to finish their job for them.

Not necessarily. They have to get close enough to use them and by that time I've had more than sufficient time to either barricade myself or to finish their job for them.

Tiggers: The Ultimate Wild Game

Tiggers: The Ultimate Wild Game

Not really. Just one that you want to make sure you don't get close enough to let them bite back. The bite is definitely worse than the bark.

The bite is definitely worse than the bark.

I very much doubt that.

In my security experience the guys who talk the loudest are often weakest.

Possibly. The difference with me is.... I won't be taken alive.

Yes, you would be.

Your claim to fight to the finish are as credible as your justification for theft.

IOW, they're not

Don't count on that. Some of us have never felt that winning elections was more important than Principles, or that winning elections was the proper way to initiate change in this country to begin with. :)

Losing is losing however you size it up.

Losing is losing however you size it up.

Not necessarily. When you don't bother, and forfeit before it even starts to play the game can you be said to have lost? I actually have more respect for Republicans here in Massachusetts than I do nationwide. You know why? They don't bother wasting their time or money running candidates in most Massachusetts races. They realize it's a lost cause and so they only focus on the offices they think they have a chance to win.

Not necessarily. When you don't bother, and forfeit before it even starts to play the game can you be said to have lost?

Definitely yes

The problem is - when you turn to politicians, all you get is sewage.

it's not a choice between jon stewert and politicians.

There are such things as news sources that try to maintain objectivity in their reporting. The problem is most people ignore them for opinion based content. And it's not an issue unique to the right or left

There are such things as news sources that try to maintain objectivity in their reporting.

Please list the top 5 "objective" news sources available today. Please.

the news hour

npr

Al jazeera

the BBC

McClatchy

AP

The list is pretty long though. But to point out the obvious I wrote "tried to maintain objectivity in their reporting". This is very different than being "objective"

It's a simple, yet very important, distinction. But they are usually defined by the fact that they are rather boring outlets and who the writer/reporter is isn't central to the story

Look, Jon Stewart's funny and all, but I don't exactly look at a comedian to get my political information.

I couldn't disagree more. Stewart is the one source that doesn't spin everything.

Back
Top Bottom