• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jon Stewart Rips Fox News For Making Obama's Car Analogy Racist

Actually it was really funny of Stewart. One of the Fox announcers kept on going back and forth between car and bus like the two words were interchangeable.

Seriously, though - I think false-racism accusations are thrown around like confetti so much that REAL racism has all been forgotten. Now it's becoming an empty snide against people - and pretty soon it won't mean anything.

Seriously, though - I think false-racism accusations are thrown around like confetti so much that REAL racism has all been forgotten. Now it's becoming an empty snide against people - and pretty soon it won't mean anything.

True. Use a word so much it loses all meaning.

True. Use a word so much it loses all meaning.

Exactly.
Meanwhile - real cases of racism and prejudice, as well as sexism and so forth - go unnoticed and unconcerned for.

I expect the bitter diapered antics from teeny boppers who are unleashed on the net and think that somehow their underage opinion matters - but I'm so thoroughly sick of all the media stepping right into it and lowering theirselves.

This is part of the reason why I don't watch 24/7 news anymore - NONE of it is meaty news- all the good news-making stories ONLY are found online or in the paper - from a variety of sources. What comes acroos the boobtube is just the fluffy junk that'll satisfy the need for ratings and irritate people a little. . . and the lastest tweet on twitter and comment pinned on myspace.

It's all revolting - and makes a mockery out of the more important things in life

Exactly.
Meanwhile - real cases of racism and prejudice, as well as sexism and so forth - go unnoticed and unconcerned for.

I expect the bitter diapered antics from teeny boppers who are unleashed on the net and think that somehow their underage opinion matters - but I'm so thoroughly sick of all the media stepping right into it and lowering theirselves.

This is part of the reason why I don't watch 24/7 news anymore - NONE of it is meaty news- all the good news-making stories ONLY are found online or in the paper - from a variety of sources. What comes acroos the boobtube is just the fluffy junk that'll satisfy the need for ratings and irritate people a little. . . and the lastest tweet on twitter and comment pinned on myspace.

It's all revolting - and makes a mockery out of the more important things in life

My god I am in love with this post.

The word hero is an example.

And no the word still has meaning as long as girls still call me it.

Notice how the minute you hear the word "racist", everybody just rolls their eyes and goes on to something else.

That card is so tired and overplayed, nobody cares anymore.

As Stewart said, it's an insult to racists. They have to work hard to deal with all that hate, don't insult them by calling everyione racist. ;)

right cry racism so much you cheapen the real issue. As long as he has you cheerleaders, I guess he's golden. :roll:

You must be talking about Fox. If not, your comment makes very little sense.

Notice how the minute you hear the word "racist", everybody just rolls their eyes and goes on to something else.

That card is so tired and overplayed, nobody cares anymore.

So why does Fox use it?

*sniff sniff* WAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHAAAA......want a tissue?

Yeah, the conservatives didn't like his message, so they went after his job as voiceover with GEICO - typical.

I don't think that what I viewed was an example of racism. However, they did play the race card by stretching car into bus.

It's funny how you all are making this a big deal, I remember pointing out how Obama said "white people" were like his grandmother "racists"......

funny how that hypocrisy works. :lol:

yeah fox stretched it big time on this one. I correct myself here. but Obama has I believe made such back of the bus comments before, no?

Personally, I didn't see anything racist what so ever with that comment from the president and I think Jon Stewart nailed it on this one. Many times he takes snip-its to make the media look bad, but in this case the media did this all by themselves.

The liberal left started this over-sensitive, jumping to conclusions, race bating paranoia, and now they gotta live with it when it comes from the right.

Personally, I didn't see anything racist what so ever with that comment from the president and I think Jon Stewart nailed it on this one. Many times he takes snip-its to make the media look bad, but in this case the media did this all by themselves.

The liberal left started this over-sensitive, jumping to conclusions, race bating paranoia, and now they gotta live with it when it comes from the right.

what's funny is how many times are we called racists, the race card played almost daily here, and stewart gets one right and they act like they have been victimized. :lol:

I don't think that racist is the right term here. Racial would probably be more fitting. Racist carries the meaning of seeing one race as better than others. Racial means of or relating to race. Yet again, shame on the headline writer.

Back
Top Bottom