• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jon Stewart is a bleeping moron.

Agent Ferris

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Past the edge of the universe, through the singula
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Today Jon Stewart took issue with Charles Krauthammer asserting that people in Gaza weren't starving and said something along the lines that Krauthammer has no heart, well guess what Stewart you ignorant little ****, not only are they not starving their men are the 8th most obese in the world and their women are the third most obese in the world.

http://vladtepesblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/14-Obesity.jpg

I agree that Stewart makes some stupid comments and this is one of them. But taking advice from Stewart himself, people should be watching Comedy Central for Comedy not for news.

Note: I do enjoy Stewart's show. I just made this post to signify that he himself has basically stated that he doesn't do this show for news. IF you are upset about what he is reporting watch CNN, Fox, or MSNBC.

Last edited:
I saw that episode, and he did not say anything along the lines of he has no heart. He asserted that what Krauthammer said was the dumbest thing he has ever heard, and he's not wrong. And what evidence do you present to back up your claim? OBESITY Rates, that's what you have? That's it. ****ing hell dude, do you wanna go live in Gaza, I'll pay for you to go there, I can afford it, go live there dude.

Invasion Deepens Humanitarian Crisis in Gaza - ABC News

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Gaza's humanitarian crisis

More than 80% of Palestinians in Gaza rely on humanitarian assistance, with UN food aid going to about 1.1 million people - three quarters of the population.

Whether you agree with Israel, support them I do not give a flying crap.

Palestinians do NOT live in the lap of luxury.

Today Jon Stewart took issue with Charles Krauthammer asserting that people in Gaza weren't starving and said something along the lines that Krauthammer has no heart, well guess what Stewart you ignorant little ****, not only are they not starving their men are the 8th most obese in the world and their women are the third most obese in the world.

Prevent Disease.com - Body Mass Index (BMI) Badly Flawed

I agree that Stewart makes some stupid comments and this is one of them. But taking advice from Stewart himself, people should be watching Comedy Central for Comedy not for news.

I watch msnbc for comedy.

Outdated source. It says it right at the link:

* Data for these health rankings refer to the latest year available, 1999-2003

You should really use something more current than 7-11 years old for this kind of stuff.

Especially considering the blockade is recent, I believe since 2007.

Since I've been here, I'm sorry but this ranks are one of the most outright ignorant threads ever created.

The Gazan's may not be starving, but they do live in poverty and have a very hard and poor quality of life. However this is due to their leadership, not Israel "oppressing" them.

what a moron

a jewish guy exposing the lies against muslim gazans, perpetrated by a hypocritical pseudo-Christian

now that's funny. :2razz: i remember another thread someone was complaining that Israelis were - so cruel! - not sending the Palestinians chocolate and coffee! The Horror! :lol:

now that's funny. i remember another thread someone was complaining that Israelis were - so cruel! - not sending the Palestinians chocolate and coffee! The Horror!
Dude, people gotta have their PlayStations. It's a basic staple of life, just like water. No civilization since 1994 existed without one :) .

OBESITY Rates, that's what you have? That's it. ****ing hell dude, do you wanna go live in Gaza, I'll pay for you to go there, I can afford it, go live there dude.

Palestinians do NOT live in the lap of luxury.
Who wants to voluntarily live under terrorists? And no one's saying they live in the lap of luxury, but they are apparently fat ****ers. You don't get fat by starving...dude.

Dude, people gotta have their PlayStations. It's a basic staple of life, just like water. No civilization since 1994 existed without one :) .

i'm sorry, but that's BS. there was no civilization before PlayStation :D

Who wants to voluntarily live under terrorists?
"Terrorist" is totally relative and completely emotionally charged.

And no one's saying they live in the lap of luxury, but they are apparently fat ****ers. You don't get fat by starving...dude.
The survey is rather dated.

Outdated source. It says it right at the link:

You should really use something more current than 7-11 years old for this kind of stuff.

Especially considering the blockade is recent, I believe since 2007.

Not only that, but the figures don't give the breakdown between the West Bank and Gaza. I have a sneaky feeling the West Bank obesity rates are what is putting Palestinians in the top 10.

According to Israel, they allow about 15,000 tonnes of humanitarian aid into Gaza every week. The UN claims there is a "humanitarian crisis" in Gaza and that 60,000 tonnes of aid are needed to adequately sustain their populace; however, I've seen no credible evidence to suggest that this is the case. John Stewart showing pictures of decrepit buildings in Gaza is hardly proof of isolated cases of starvation, let alone a full blown humanitarian crisis.

I think Stewart and Krauthammer are both making assertions absent any proof.

Gaza receives a great deal of aid, but this doesn't mean people aren't starving, and Gaza has many decrepit and unsanitary buildings, but this doesn't mean people are starving.

If anyone can provide credible evidence either way, I would welcome it.

"Terrorist" is totally relative and completely emotionally charged.

All things including life are "relative". Gimme a break. Next you'll be saying Uncle Osama hurts people...

The survey is rather dated.
Hamas probably isn't putting a survey of Gaza BMI index measurements high on their list. I'd like to see some evidence of the starvation though.

I saw that episode, and he did not say anything along the lines of he has no heart. He asserted that what Krauthammer said was the dumbest thing he has ever heard, and he's not wrong.

He said that his heart was dead or some such ****.

And what evidence do you present to back up your claim? OBESITY Rates,

Yes the fact that they have some of the highest obesity rates in the world proves conclusively that they are not starving just as Krauthammer had asserted.

Yes the fact that they have some of the highest obesity rates in the world proves conclusively that they are not starving just as Krauthammer had asserted.

How do you respond to the charge that the study is ****ing old?

And would you like to go live in gaza among the fatties since it's such a plentiful land? The offer is still on the table...

How do you respond to the charge that the study is ****ing old?

And would you like to go live in gaza among the fatties since it's such a plentiful land? The offer is still on the table...

Quite right.

Back
Top Bottom